3.20 star(s) 23 Votes

Teresss

Jan 21, 2019
JULY UPDATE:

View attachment 3799605
Zephyr and her unevolved form Cluffy have won the monthly monster poll.

But who cares because the buggy CAMPING UPDATE IS OUT.

CAMPING UPDATE:

Monsters got their calories bar in yellow, and obedience bar in red. Every day monsters lose calories.
The less calories a monster has the hungrier it is. Hungrier monsters lose obedience at the end of a day.
FIREPITS are little points near most major roads and some POI’s. Walk up to a firepit and interact with it [R] to start camping. Camping heals your monsters for 50hp. On the camp screen, you may first open your inventory > I < and then use numbers and arrow keys to target monsters which you can feed food. Then start camping with [C]. Your monsters then take turns seeing how much obedience they have left. The lower the obedience, the higher chance there is of the scout being mounted and possible bred. Breeding works like it does in battle, the scout might use up her BP (contraceptive Barrier Points) to avoid an impregnation, and her bonus fertility increases the likelihood of getting knocked up. The monster that mounts the scout regain some Obedience, since it likes her more now.
View attachment 3799608
ADDED WARP SPEED: Previously a dev only ability I will be leaving it in the game for now. Hold [z] and you will send the clock ticking at warp speed into the next day.

ALTER: The LOSS LOOP of monsters getting hungry, and then forcibly breeding the scout in the camp isn’t well balanced yet. For one you start with a load of food which trivializes the problem for some time. Expect a lot of these numbers to be tweaked over time, feedback appreciated.
ALTER: Time now passes at half the speed it did. Originally every second caused one TICK of a days clock which lasts for 240 ticks (so seconds). I doubled this a while ago in order to speed up the passage of time., Now that the player can enter a warp speed with [z] and that time warps to the next day when resting at camp, the passage of time has been reverted to its original state of 1 day = 240 seconds.

ALTER: Changed the Rosedew Meadow ambient track to one that doesn’t include insect buzzing at request.
FIXED: The tires on the ends of the road for the plains map didn’t have a collider, allowing the player to walk out into the void.
FIXED: You can no longer flee a battle after losing a battle and cause the game to become confused.

NEW VERSION (JULY 4th) OUT:
View attachment 3799609
ADDED: THUNDAMA (and unevolved Thundii)
ADDED: COWGIRL X_ANIM (Thundama uses it so far, this is why it took so long...)
View attachment 3799610
ADDED: VEDAFLY (and unevolved Vifly)
Fixed: The front facing doggy animation is fixed. X animations were mildly bugged as every x anim player and process had to be rejiggered to accommodate more complex X-anims going forward where the monsters have parts of their sprite both overlapping the scout sprite, and behind it.
Alter: You can no longer stable the last monster you have in your party.
Alter: You can only access the STABLES from within a scout base, there is one scout base currently, you start beside it.
Alter: The game when testing for whether a monster will mount on the camp screen now simply rolls a d100, and if the result is compared to the monsters current obedience. If the roll is higher than obedience then the monster mounts the scout.
-=Increased size of move sprites, they look big now but whatever.

JULY MONSTER VOTE:
KITSUNE OR CUPID IMP?
View attachment 3799611
OKAY....
So... Like I said I got two weeks or more basically off, so get your complaints on this DEAD FUCKING GAME in soon please. I will be bug fixing like mad, and working on the new level-up system which will persist between runs and allow you to get mad bonuses. The next content which I want to start is on redoing the dark forest, expanding it (slightly I promise) and making it more mushroomy and webbed in preparation for the quests that will go there soon(tm).

I also have started spending money from the game on the game, purchasing a huge royalty free library of sounds from OVANI (it was a humble bundle), and will likely buy more of that shit, and other asset shit, as needed. I will be moving away from the harsh pixelated sound effects used.

Oh and lastly... You wouldn't fuck a turtle would you?
View attachment 3799613

Linux release, as recently requested (in discord? I cannot remember) for you Linux degenerates.
Mega
do kitsune i like it.

PraxidikePalms

Jun 3, 2019
:love: Fuckin CHAMPION. My boy Invader Incubus over here don't even need to respond to my post, he just goes and does it with the battle speed. I see you. I appreciate you. Staying low key, it scratches a big itch that you also quietly got the Rosaria animation in. I love it.
Camping is really great, though obedience doesn't seem to be falling on it's own. I let all my mons starve and obedience still wouldn't go down. While I'm on the topic of issues, the right side of the screen seems to be a little cut off now? Don't know if that's a me thing or what. Again, as someone who isn't paying into the patreon, I will not claim the right to vote on any content, but I did have a wonderful vision of when defeating other scouts is finally implemented, and of the tactic of bringing defeated scouts out of the stable to act as shields for you from disobedient mons while camping. Maybe a limit of one to make sure it remains a failsafe and not an exploit.
Anyway, just wanted to remind you that you are a hero of this community. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Mister Wake

The_Protagonist_Ugh

Dec 9, 2021
Shouldn't camping restore your pokemons ep? Ether is really hard to get so it only makes sense to make it restore that aswell. I know it's not accurate pokemon but a bootleg healing station that restores EVERYTHING would be a blessing.

Reactions: Invader Incubus

Kackuyen

Nov 12, 2018
So, as of current, other than the 3-4 first battle to get your team going, there is little incentive to actually do battle
The no level up is a good implementation considering your design philosophy but I think you need to plug the hole that is "What's the point of monster battler"
Seeing rival scout implementation would do a bit of help to mitigate this, but still, after a while, random encounter is becoming more of a nuisance rather than a challenge. I think risk/reward balancing right now can do fine with minor random drop, especially EP recovery because lacking EP often kills you more in attrition rather than fucked up a fight.
Finally, I think one way fast travel would be nice to have, so that you can go back to base rather than just, you know, walk back on the safe beaten path. You still have to walk to the front again, but that's the point, as usually when people tp back is when they stable some mons to catch new ones.
The waste land area is a bit... boring. Understandably, that's what wasteland is about, but it does not promote encounters or exploration like the forest, and just walk and walk is kinda unfun.
Finally, I think for the loot container sprites, rather than have them open abit, I think you should make them complete lose their lit as their "opened" state is a pain to look at when back tracking, visually hard to differentiate.
Nice works with the monster sprites and animations, looking forward for more.

Photon11

Jul 25, 2018
At least with regards to the "no point in battling", battling and releasing mons is the best way to get items once you get the unlocks associated with releasing monsters. Especially when you have an optimized team to mulch through little guys while barely taking any damage (and the camp's ability to heal HP does mean you can let EP regenerate a bit without it forcing item use to recover). Also fighting new mons is the only way to get better-genetics monsters that I've found beyond the 'bred by scout' initial bonus.

I'm also running into the "obedience won't drop when hungry" bug, though feeding the healing leaves to monsters does work to lower their obedience to try out the fun. Other bugs I'm running into:
1. Opening the bag when you previously hovered over an item in the bag and closed it instantly uses the item with no way to avoid it (ie hover over the +fert item, close bag, open bag and the item use notification comes up and one leaf is used).
2. It looks like a monster's obedience check in camp is done by comparing to a 1d100, which is mostly fine until you get a monster with something like 80 max obedience (such as Beeleev) and then it's a weird "monster failed obedience check at max obedience" thing. It makes perfect mechanical sense, it's just likely something that's going to throw people off if that's how it works- maybe do something like make the obedience bar have a minimum of 100 and the unobtainable part is locked/broken/greyed out on the details screen? That would at least help the visual part of it.
3. If you have a small team or camp early enough in the day, you can sometimes complete the camp checks and exit the camp before the day ends. The hyperspeed time continues until the next day and it gives you the "you didn't camp" message, though obedience doesn't drop. Just a bit of weirdness.

It's a fun game, I've enjoyed messing around with it while it's in development. I do wonder if there's plan for a full save system (even if only single-slot) instead of only unlocks at some point given how the game seems to be shaping up for a longer single run that most roguelikes take though- would be kind of annoying if you must play the game in one-or-more hour sittings or lose everything from that run.

Last edited:
Reactions: kb131313

truebutler

Apr 29, 2017
Is unlocks resetting when you close the game a known thing

also minor gripe but there seems to be no way to pick the unevolved mon that has GOOD genetics at the end of battle

woofie

Dec 12, 2018
Great update. Rejoining patreon when enemy trainers come out.

Lil bug, if you're not fast enough to feed ur monsters at night, and day comes, it just .. passes the camping check anyway
(found out as I'm running a speed hack :p. and I got to actually slow down time to not just cheese it xD)

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Where can I find thundama? Haven't encountered yet.
Thundama is out on the plains, Vedabug is in the dark forest.

do kitsune i like it.
Money 4 vote. Kthx.

:love: Fuckin CHAMPION. My boy Invader Incubus over here don't even need to respond to my post, he just goes and does it with the battle speed. I see you. I appreciate you. Staying low key, it scratches a big itch that you also quietly got the Rosaria animation in. I love it.
Camping is really great, though obedience doesn't seem to be falling on it's own. I let all my mons starve and obedience still wouldn't go down. While I'm on the topic of issues, the right side of the screen seems to be a little cut off now? Don't know if that's a me thing or what. Again, as someone who isn't paying into the patreon, I will not claim the right to vote on any content, but I did have a wonderful vision of when defeating other scouts is finally implemented, and of the tactic of bringing defeated scouts out of the stable to act as shields for you from disobedient mons while camping. Maybe a limit of one to make sure it remains a failsafe and not an exploit.
Anyway, just wanted to remind you that you are a hero of this community. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, it means a lot to me, since I get (what I feel are) review bombs occasionally. For sure the game isn't close to where I want it to be and is unpolished, but this will be a marathon, and some people seem legitimately offended that this isn't another RPGMAKER game (play Opala thats my fav) or yet another Visual Novel about incest (love all the gems where I can get ladies pregnant) or as massive as the CoC family (TiTs can afford like, 10 paid contributors (and is great)).

I noticed this too, and the monsters in your party were not checking their hunger daily. I forgor something somewhere, I have fixed this in the latest MEGA. NOTE that a quirk of VEG type monsters is that they basically feed themselves, losing no calories and gaining them slightly being plants. NORMAL type monsters meanwhile lose less obedience, gain obedience more easily, and have higher max obedience, all to represent their more docile nature. BUGS oviposit, which allows them to guarantee impregnation, and stack pregnancies in the stables. Little things like this aren;t obvious or explained anywhere so people probably think they are flaws or quirks.

Shouldn't camping restore your pokemons ep? Ether is really hard to get so it only makes sense to make it restore that aswell. I know it's not accurate pokemon but a bootleg healing station that restores EVERYTHING would be a blessing.
I agree, I have implemented this change, it is a part of the current MEGA.

So, as of current, other than the 3-4 first battle to get your team going, there is little incentive to actually do battle
The no level up is a good implementation considering your design philosophy but I think you need to plug the hole that is "What's the point of monster battler"
Seeing rival scout implementation would do a bit of help to mitigate this, but still, after a while, random encounter is becoming more of a nuisance rather than a challenge. I think risk/reward balancing right now can do fine with minor random drop, especially EP recovery because lacking EP often kills you more in attrition rather than fucked up a fight.
Finally, I think one way fast travel would be nice to have, so that you can go back to base rather than just, you know, walk back on the safe beaten path. You still have to walk to the front again, but that's the point, as usually when people tp back is when they stable some mons to catch new ones.
The waste land area is a bit... boring. Understandably, that's what wasteland is about, but it does not promote encounters or exploration like the forest, and just walk and walk is kinda unfun.
Finally, I think for the loot container sprites, rather than have them open abit, I think you should make them complete lose their lit as their "opened" state is a pain to look at when back tracking, visually hard to differentiate.
Nice works with the monster sprites and animations, looking forward for more.
I agree, I think there needs to be more point to battleing. Right now you walk through grass to get your team started, and too explore.

Mini-boss monsters, wandering wild enemies, and rival trainer battles would shake things up a lot. Also, releasing monsters is a big part of getting items, but once you've caught some monsters for your stables, and party the optimal play there is just to breed the fuck out of your lost scouts.
ALSO there will be sort-of level up system in the future where you get battle exp, and this gives you skill points to spend and unlock boons related to battling.

At least with regards to the "no point in battling", battling and releasing mons is the best way to get items once you get the unlocks associated with releasing monsters. Especially when you have an optimized team to mulch through little guys while barely taking any damage (and the camp's ability to heal HP does mean you can let EP regenerate a bit without it forcing item use to recover). Also fighting new mons is the only way to get better-genetics monsters that I've found beyond the 'bred by scout' initial bonus.

I'm also running into the "obedience won't drop when hungry" bug, though feeding the healing leaves to monsters does work to lower their obedience to try out the fun. Other bugs I'm running into:
1. Opening the bag when you previously hovered over an item in the bag and closed it instantly uses the item with no way to avoid it (ie hover over the +fert item, close bag, open bag and the item use notification comes up and one leaf is used).
2. It looks like a monster's obedience check in camp is done by comparing to a 1d100, which is mostly fine until you get a monster with something like 80 max obedience (such as Beeleev) and then it's a weird "monster failed obedience check at max obedience" thing. It makes perfect mechanical sense, it's just likely something that's going to throw people off if that's how it works- maybe do something like make the obedience bar have a minimum of 100 and the unobtainable part is locked/broken/greyed out on the details screen? That would at least help the visual part of it.
3. If you have a small team or camp early enough in the day, you can sometimes complete the camp checks and exit the camp before the day ends. The hyperspeed time continues until the next day and it gives you the "you didn't camp" message, though obedience doesn't drop. Just a bit of weirdness.

It's a fun game, I've enjoyed messing around with it while it's in development. I do wonder if there's plan for a full save system (even if only single-slot) instead of only unlocks at some point given how the game seems to be shaping up for a longer single run that most roguelikes take though- would be kind of annoying if you must play the game in one-or-more hour sittings or lose everything from that run.
Is unlocks resetting when you close the game a known thing

also minor gripe but there seems to be no way to pick the unevolved mon that has GOOD genetics at the end of battle
Right because the game is actually generating different mons to pick, that happen to be the same species. Will consider this.

CHANGELOG (MEGA):
Fixed: Monsters now appropriately lose calories every day.
Change: Camping still restores 50hp AND NOW ALSO 20ep to further incentivize using the campfires each evening.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PraxidikePalms

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Great update. Rejoining patreon when enemy trainers come out.

Lil bug, if you're not fast enough to feed ur monsters at night, and day comes, it just .. passes the camping check anyway
(found out as I'm running a speed hack :p. and I got to actually slow down time to not just cheese it xD)
Thanks Woofie. I super appreciate the support you've already given. You were one of the first people to support me, and gave me legitimacy (and confidence) when I had none. The game was launched as "free forever" and a recent version of it will certainly remain so, I hope it continues to grow and proves my model of just giving away (the latest version of) this kind of game is fine (it would get pirated anyways). I view anyone who's even tossed me even a single month (5$) as basically having purchased the thing, and therefore a customer, with my ongoing supporters getting my discord attention and the ability to vote on monsters as privilege.
I also appreciate you setting a clear goal. (My goodness the cumflation and cum fans are badgering me in PM's again)
Trainers is still at least a couple updates out. I want the Dark forest update and then add wandering overworld monsters, and then the swamp, and then the wandering overworld monsters will lead into enemy trainers (which are a more complex fight since enemy trainers should be smarter with moves AND consider mounting you, and you them).

I think the bug might be fixed.
... Warping the speed? Well you are in your own universe then since I occasionally tie checks and update processes to delta, which in Godot means some of this shit is tied to frames. But you should be used to this if you do this games since tying code to frame update is super common.

Reactions: woofie

Meitor

Jul 30, 2023
Can we get more anthropomorphic monsters that look like renamon or a werewolf? I liked the idea of kitsune but she looks wholly human. It just looks off to me when everyone else are absolute beasts with monstrous appendages.

Reactions: woofie

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Can we get more anthropomorphic monsters that look like renamon or a werewolf? I liked the idea of kitsune but she looks wholly human. It just looks off to me when everyone else are absolute beasts with monstrous appendages.
That's a pretty interesting reaction to her, given that she's wearing a mask and her little lore pop is directly tied to the question whether her face is human or fox.

Mister Wake

Jan 6, 2019
Screenshot_2.png

Wandering through the darkness of the desert, content to have found the new Eggmon muscule mommy and new houses, to start hearing random flute music truly was an accidental horror experience...

SS4312

Nov 3, 2018
Sure. I added it to the public LINUX folder. Let me know if this works, I just clicked some buttons to get a Mac export hopefully its seamless.
Mega
It launched on Mac, plays BGM just fine at the menu. Ill be testing gameplay now. Thanks!

Edit: Gameplay functions!
Edit 2: Resolution seems to cut off the bottom in fullscreen mode, and manually adjusting the window in windowed mode does not scale the UI. Is that fixable?
Edit 3: Crashed when attempting evolution. This occured both with a fire evo, normal evo, and plant evo. Other gameplay aspects seemed alright, camping included.

Last edited:

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Are there any plans for a way to "restore" preggoed scouts back into "active duty"?
Yes. Im going to be introducing an item shortly. You start with one, its single use, on a non pregnant scout to remove her from the stable. Will be a super rare find later in the game. ((SANITY SALTS is my working name.))
This will at least further drive the "SEX IS ONLY A LOSS METHOD" regarded commentators. Sex is meant to be a risk, a risky but tactical option, and a method of getting more powerful in the stables. And its everywhere and constant if you play for fun and with the systems.

View attachment 3802454
Invisible enemy hasn't been fixed yet I see.
Happens so far only with 2 evolved mons in a row when using offer
I FINALLY reproduced this bug just now, will work on it, high priority.

Wandering through the darkness of the desert, content to have found the new Eggmon muscule mommy and new houses, to start hearing random flute music truly was an accidental horror experience...
Lol, awesome.

It launched on Mac, plays BGM just fine at the menu. Ill be testing gameplay now. Thanks!

Edit: Gameplay functions!
Edit 2: Resolution seems to cut off the bottom in fullscreen mode, and manually adjusting the window in windowed mode does not scale the UI. Is that fixable?
Edit 3: Crashed when attempting evolution. This occured both with a fire evo, normal evo, and plant evo. Other gameplay aspects seemed alright, camping included.
Dammit, evolution was also crashing a patrons game, while they ran it inside a nested Windows OS on their Linux machine. But specifically this was happening for them, while running WINE 8. Something with evolution isn't translating then, to workable code in the non-windows export. Ima make this medium-high priority bug.

3.20 star(s) 23 Votes