3.20 star(s) 22 Votes

TheGabbaGhoul

Nov 24, 2018
Agree on much, but... are you sure you want fleeing to be more successful?
If you can just flee freely, without any drawback, what's the danger?
I wouldn't mind so much if it was like, at least a 60% chance minimum to escape. As it stands, all attempting to flee accomplishes most of the time is wasting turns while your mon gets their ass beat, leaving you worse off than you started. I've had times where I attempted to flee like 8 times in a row, all of them failed and 2 mon got downed. It needs to be made a bit more lenient, it already puts you in a situation where every time it fails, you end up needing to use a potion on a mon to heal up.

Also, when are we gonna get access to the bag in-combat? That seems like something that should have been included day-1.

Reactions: GreenPotato

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Read all your comments. Not replying right-right now. Been sick as DOG since friday, sicker than I have been in years. Couldn't keep anything down, pounding headache, that DEEP rattling cough. Totally bedridden and mainlining Tylenol and Advil just to keep the headache low enough so I can sleep. The worst is definitely behind me now though.

The next update was basically done before this sickness came out of nowhere and floored me. I need to bug test it a LOT. The update has no "content" but completes the combat system, rebalances it and fleshes it out a bunch. I think there will be much to discuss after it drops. I was hoping to get another content drop out before the end of month / polling turnover update has to happen but it will likely just be this combat update, hotfixes. And then I'll be all in for the next months update, which will include norma, and the the new monster.

dookudooki

Apr 25, 2020
I'd be more invested in the stable system if it didn't take so much time to invest into an egg (I am assuming it takes like 3 ingame days or so?). It brings one of the most frustrating time-gated aspect of pokemon that I doubt many of their fans enjoy to begin with. Would be nice if it's not something that time-gates the player.

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
LATE JAN UPDATE:
DruiiPromo.png
Pretty sure the doe is going to win the monster poll, so there’s her cute unevolved form; Druii! Norma’s ready to go as well, but you gotta WAIT, because I said so. I am healthy now, but I GOT MAD SICK on the 15th and was WIPED OUT for a whole week, so the update got delayed and the content and engagement dried up as I wallowed in misery. But I am back now, and have polished up a HOT DROP.

This USER FEEDBACK UPDATE is hopefully going to clear up confusion and provide the player with precise strategic information, which will help balance the game's combat going into the future.

Battle UI now displays the % flee chance you have so you can make an informed decision on trying to flee.
Battle UI now displays the relevant symbol when an enemy monster has good / exceptional / perfect genetics. In case you’re some kind of degenerate who would sack a perfectly good scout just to get a good breeding stud for the stables.
Battle UI now displays your BP (explained later).
Battle UI now displays scouts current bonus fertility and the enemy monster's fertility, allowing you to make a strategic choice on grappling.
Battle UI now also displays your own monster's fertility, though this isn’t relevant yet since you aren’t ordering your monsters to fuck enemy trainers (yet).
Battle UI now displays your current struggle chance.
Battle UI now displays the fertility of the monster that currently has you pinned so you know the risk. (You will have to look at that AND the scouts bonus fert and do math)

Struggle has a base 45 (+ unlock bonuses, + scout struggle bonus, - enemy monster grip, - area difficulty level penalty (TBA), - lust penalty) chance to succeed. If the countdown timer reaches 0 (and the scout isn;t knocked up) she will gain a lust penalty, lowering struggle chance for the rest of the fight by 7%. Scouts now have a struggle bonus that will be increased or decreased by events and items in the future. Struggle bonus can’t be reduced past 0 and won’t carry over between scouts. SOME monsters WILL have a GRIP stat that isn’t 0, representing their many arms, tremendous weight, wrapping coils, etc, these monsters are more difficult to struggle away from. Example: SeaQueen, a Naga that wraps around you, is more difficult to struggle away from so she has bonus grip.

Repel and Super Repel are now in the game. You know what this is. Repel lasts for 60 ticks, Super Repel for 120. So that many seconds OR half an in-game day, and one whole in-game day respectively. Why yes, in this game repel is literally just a GUN. Well, batteries to charge your stun-gun, I guess. Monsters don’t mess with you when you have a stun gun charged.

Contraceptives are now in the game. They essentially work as HP. Each time a scout takes a contraceptive, she gains 1 contraceptive Barrier Point (BP). You can have a max of 4 BP (Unlocks will raise this someday). BP is seen in the inventory screen, and while in battle. Each time the X counter counts down to 0 and a monster climaxes in a scout, there’s a chance the monster will impregnate the scout based on the monster’s and scouts fertility (roll is /100), BUT NOW if the scout has ANY BP remaining she will simply lose 1 BP instead of being impregnated. Once all BP is expended the scout is risking impregnation as normal. This makes “grappling” out difficult monsters a much more viable strategy. You have reason to engage in XXX. If the scout bonus fertility is < 30 she will lose 2 BP at a time. If it’s < 50 she will lose 3 BP. So you’re still likely trapped in a spiral.

The clock, which is viewed with “T”, now also displays the scout status effects. Her fertility bonus, her repel remaining, and how many contraceptive BP she has.

If a scout is lost (by just losing a battle even) then her remaining BP and bonus fertility (keep reading) is not carried over, your next scout starts with 0 BP (and 0 bonus fertility).

Contraceptive Pills add 1 BP, and are very rare medical loot. However, contraceptive HERBS are not that rare. You can get herbs from wild chests. Herbs MIGHT give your scout a BP... But they will DEFINITELY make her more fertile, permanently. You can also feed herbs to monsters in a pinch to heal them, and also make them more fertile and slightly disobedient. The Bitter Herb, which is green, is common, rarely gives BP, and sometimes gives you bonus fertility. The Sweet Herb is somewhat rare, and might give your scout a BP, it also always serves the scout lots of bonus fertility.
“0” stops targeting any monster in your inventory btw, so that’s how you “target” the scout with items, just don’t have a monster targeted with the number keys...
Obviously this loop is intended to gradually make a scout more fertile while you try to keep a few BP up.

Monster virility base from 2 -> 4. Meaning the average time to climax is now 6 rounds down from 8
Base flee chance from 35% - 40% -> 50%

Herbs are affected by the MEDIC and MEDICINE WOMAN achievement, granting you some herbs on your next playthrough, and making the herbs restore a bit more HP (and some EP) respectively when used as medicine.

Based on patron feedback the Battle Timer which separates out combat into stages is now 0.75 seconds down from 1.5 to speed up combat. So enjoy the NEW complaints of the text flashing too quickly. It feels too slow when you are used to the system, and too fast if you are new (shrug) this will always be the case.

To people commenting on combat being too hard or easy: People playing the mechanics find the game too easy because the current zones are the starting zones, people who are here to not think and fap find EGGOMON too hard. My patrons are usually experienced in the game and invested. Wot I think: Eggomon isn’t a VN, so I need to lean into it being a GAME. Combat will get harder in more challenging zones.

The BAG option during battle, which has been greyed out until now, has just been removed, since there are no battle items yet, and new people are confused as to what an alpha is.

Added several Unlocks:
LOSER AND BIG LOSER. Earned by losing battles. Each grants you a +5% chance to struggle out of a grab. Lose 5 battles and 30 battles respectively. Don’t intentionally grind this.
FIGHT OR FLIGHT: Flee a bunch of battles. Now you are 10% better at fleeing on future runs.
BACK OFF and STANDING YOUR GROUND. Earned by using repels. Don’t intentionally grind this? Repels make exploration safe but there’s just a couple areas to explore for now. Bonus is: start with a couple more repels, and your repels last longer.
MOTHERS DAY + BIRTHING MACHINE, earned by giving birth to monsters (eggs). Start with a random monster egg, or two! Who knows what could hatch? Pretty cool. The eggs take 3 days to gestate, but will STILL be the first monsters you can possibly hatch. They also start with good genetics, scout_bred and boss_bred meaning they are popping out the gate with some solid early genetic bonuses. Since there’s no other way to get boss_bred genetics right now, the genetic lines of these offspring are potentially the strongest you can currently achieve (since theoretically you can element breed these offspring, and get them good + exceptional + perfect, and they already have scout_bred, and THEN will be the only monsters with the Boss_bred ancestry bonus) No complaining for now please. The game is already stupidly easy (for now) with the fruits now in. On another note, I super love this random egg process I created...
FRUITY + FRUITY PATOOTIE, earned by eating lots of fruits. You start with +1 fruit for each unlock and they are earned by eating fruit.
MINIMALIST + EMANCIPATOR, earned by releasing many monsters. You start to gain free items when releasing monsters (representing the monster bringing you a gift as thanks / goodbye). Minimalist Items are alright sometimes you get a stone. Emancipator items are pretty good, you can even get stones and fruits.

Fixed the loss screen, it now correctly displays if a lost scout is currently pregnant or not. Before it was assumed the scouts were always preg or lost a battle from impreg, but scouts can not be preg while in the stables (really?) and players can lose fights the normal way by running out of hp (seriously?).
Fixed items being used while the inventory screen was open but other overlays were ALSO open (evolve screen / battle).

There is a persistent memory leak bug that causes the game to gradually lag more and more for people who run it over extended periods. In as little as 20 minutes some people are seeing their frames go from 60 to 16 as the game engine swallows more of their processing and junk is collected. But this isn’t happening for everyone, and might be an issue for people without Vulcan (super common graphics software) compatible cards. IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I am trying to figure out how widespread the problem is, and people WITH the problem are reporting it.

For the freak who wanted LINUX EGGOMON:

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
LATE JAN UPDATE:
View attachment 3287772
Pretty sure the doe is going to win the monster poll, so there’s her cute unevolved form; Druii! Norma’s ready to go as well, but you gotta WAIT, because I said so. I am healthy now, but I GOT MAD SICK on the 15th and was WIPED OUT for a whole week, so the update got delayed and the content and engagement dried up as I wallowed in misery. But I am back now, and have polished up a HOT DROP.

This USER FEEDBACK UPDATE is hopefully going to clear up confusion and provide the player with precise strategic information, which will help balance the game's combat going into the future.

Battle UI now displays the % flee chance you have so you can make an informed decision on trying to flee.
Battle UI now displays the relevant symbol when an enemy monster has good / exceptional / perfect genetics. In case you’re some kind of degenerate who would sack a perfectly good scout just to get a good breeding stud for the stables.
Battle UI now displays your BP (explained later).
Battle UI now displays scouts current bonus fertility and the enemy monster's fertility, allowing you to make a strategic choice on grappling.
Battle UI now also displays your own monster's fertility, though this isn’t relevant yet since you aren’t ordering your monsters to fuck enemy trainers (yet).
Battle UI now displays your current struggle chance.
Battle UI now displays the fertility of the monster that currently has you pinned so you know the risk. (You will have to look at that AND the scouts bonus fert and do math)

Struggle has a base 45 (+ unlock bonuses, + scout struggle bonus, - enemy monster grip, - area difficulty level penalty (TBA), - lust penalty) chance to succeed. If the countdown timer reaches 0 (and the scout isn;t knocked up) she will gain a lust penalty, lowering struggle chance for the rest of the fight by 7%. Scouts now have a struggle bonus that will be increased or decreased by events and items in the future. Struggle bonus can’t be reduced past 0 and won’t carry over between scouts. SOME monsters WILL have a GRIP stat that isn’t 0, representing their many arms, tremendous weight, wrapping coils, etc, these monsters are more difficult to struggle away from. Example: SeaQueen, a Naga that wraps around you, is more difficult to struggle away from so she has bonus grip.

Repel and Super Repel are now in the game. You know what this is. Repel lasts for 60 ticks, Super Repel for 120. So that many seconds OR half an in-game day, and one whole in-game day respectively. Why yes, in this game repel is literally just a GUN. Well, batteries to charge your stun-gun, I guess. Monsters don’t mess with you when you have a stun gun charged.

Contraceptives are now in the game. They essentially work as HP. Each time a scout takes a contraceptive, she gains 1 contraceptive Barrier Point (BP). You can have a max of 4 BP (Unlocks will raise this someday). BP is seen in the inventory screen, and while in battle. Each time the X counter counts down to 0 and a monster climaxes in a scout, there’s a chance the monster will impregnate the scout based on the monster’s and scouts fertility (roll is /100), BUT NOW if the scout has ANY BP remaining she will simply lose 1 BP instead of being impregnated. Once all BP is expended the scout is risking impregnation as normal. This makes “grappling” out difficult monsters a much more viable strategy. You have reason to engage in XXX. If the scout bonus fertility is < 30 she will lose 2 BP at a time. If it’s < 50 she will lose 3 BP. So you’re still likely trapped in a spiral.

The clock, which is viewed with “T”, now also displays the scout status effects. Her fertility bonus, her repel remaining, and how many contraceptive BP she has.

If a scout is lost (by just losing a battle even) then her remaining BP and bonus fertility (keep reading) is not carried over, your next scout starts with 0 BP (and 0 bonus fertility).

Contraceptive Pills add 1 BP, and are very rare medical loot. However, contraceptive HERBS are not that rare. You can get herbs from wild chests. Herbs MIGHT give your scout a BP... But they will DEFINITELY make her more fertile, permanently. You can also feed herbs to monsters in a pinch to heal them, and also make them more fertile and slightly disobedient. The Bitter Herb, which is green, is common, rarely gives BP, and sometimes gives you bonus fertility. The Sweet Herb is somewhat rare, and might give your scout a BP, it also always serves the scout lots of bonus fertility.
“0” stops targeting any monster in your inventory btw, so that’s how you “target” the scout with items, just don’t have a monster targeted with the number keys...
Obviously this loop is intended to gradually make a scout more fertile while you try to keep a few BP up.

Monster virility base from 2 -> 4. Meaning the average time to climax is now 6 rounds down from 8
Base flee chance from 35% - 40% -> 50%

Herbs are affected by the MEDIC and MEDICINE WOMAN achievement, granting you some herbs on your next playthrough, and making the herbs restore a bit more HP (and some EP) respectively when used as medicine.

Based on patron feedback the Battle Timer which separates out combat into stages is now 0.75 seconds down from 1.5 to speed up combat. So enjoy the NEW complaints of the text flashing too quickly. It feels too slow when you are used to the system, and too fast if you are new (shrug) this will always be the case.

To people commenting on combat being too hard or easy: People playing the mechanics find the game too easy because the current zones are the starting zones, people who are here to not think and fap find EGGOMON too hard. My patrons are usually experienced in the game and invested. Wot I think: Eggomon isn’t a VN, so I need to lean into it being a GAME. Combat will get harder in more challenging zones.

The BAG option during battle, which has been greyed out until now, has just been removed, since there are no battle items yet, and new people are confused as to what an alpha is.

Added several Unlocks:
LOSER AND BIG LOSER. Earned by losing battles. Each grants you a +5% chance to struggle out of a grab. Lose 5 battles and 30 battles respectively. Don’t intentionally grind this.
FIGHT OR FLIGHT: Flee a bunch of battles. Now you are 10% better at fleeing on future runs.
BACK OFF and STANDING YOUR GROUND. Earned by using repels. Don’t intentionally grind this? Repels make exploration safe but there’s just a couple areas to explore for now. Bonus is: start with a couple more repels, and your repels last longer.
MOTHERS DAY + BIRTHING MACHINE, earned by giving birth to monsters (eggs). Start with a random monster egg, or two! Who knows what could hatch? Pretty cool. The eggs take 3 days to gestate, but will STILL be the first monsters you can possibly hatch. They also start with good genetics, scout_bred and boss_bred meaning they are popping out the gate with some solid early genetic bonuses. Since there’s no other way to get boss_bred genetics right now, the genetic lines of these offspring are potentially the strongest you can currently achieve (since theoretically you can element breed these offspring, and get them good + exceptional + perfect, and they already have scout_bred, and THEN will be the only monsters with the Boss_bred ancestry bonus) No complaining for now please. The game is already stupidly easy (for now) with the fruits now in. On another note, I super love this random egg process I created...
FRUITY + FRUITY PATOOTIE, earned by eating lots of fruits. You start with +1 fruit for each unlock and they are earned by eating fruit.
MINIMALIST + EMANCIPATOR, earned by releasing many monsters. You start to gain free items when releasing monsters (representing the monster bringing you a gift as thanks / goodbye). Minimalist Items are alright sometimes you get a stone. Emancipator items are pretty good, you can even get stones and fruits.

Fixed the loss screen, it now correctly displays if a lost scout is currently pregnant or not. Before it was assumed the scouts were always preg or lost a battle from impreg, but scouts can not be preg while in the stables (really?) and players can lose fights the normal way by running out of hp (seriously?).
Fixed items being used while the inventory screen was open but other overlays were ALSO open (evolve screen / battle).

There is a persistent memory leak bug that causes the game to gradually lag more and more for people who run it over extended periods. In as little as 20 minutes some people are seeing their frames go from 60 to 16 as the game engine swallows more of their processing and junk is collected. But this isn’t happening for everyone, and might be an issue for people without Vulcan (super common graphics software) compatible cards. IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I am trying to figure out how widespread the problem is, and people WITH the problem are reporting it.

For the freak who wanted LINUX EGGOMON: Mega
I don't mind it being a game but there's nowhere to 'replenish' and there's no real drops or anything besides getting new pals. I don't mind waiting out time for them not to be pregnant or something but the thing is, what is the goal right now? I mean currently it's just a survival mode but I'm not sure what my overall goal is suppose to be. Fights are fine, but there's no real 'loop' more than it is a demo right now.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
I wouldn't mind so much if it was like, at least a 60% chance minimum to escape. As it stands, all attempting to flee accomplishes most of the time is wasting turns while your mon gets their ass beat, leaving you worse off than you started. I've had times where I attempted to flee like 8 times in a row, all of them failed and 2 mon got downed. It needs to be made a bit more lenient, it already puts you in a situation where every time it fails, you end up needing to use a potion on a mon to heal up.

Also, when are we gonna get access to the bag in-combat? That seems like something that should have been included day-1.
Right now the problem is there is zero (0) reason to fight if you've already captured that unit before. There's no XP and no item drops, so battles are just taking damage for no benefit. Until this is fleshed out I do think the escape chance should be set to near 100% so the player can just try out new content and move on.

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Hey Invader Incubus, still having the same issue with the game after losing a scout. The game over screen seems to cover the majority of the screen after a loss, and the new scout select screen covers all but a tiny strip of the map, which then fades away after the selection of the new scout is finished.

My personal opinion is that you should probably take out the game over screen itself if you still have available scouts, and instead implement a system where you appear in the base lab and select the next scout from standing sprites. It would prevent transition bugs like this and you would be able to tell at a glance if the function that allows you to swap to a new scout is working.

Edit: it seems like this bug doesn't happen *every* time you lose a scout. I'll see if I can figure out if there's some specific circumstances that causes it.

Reactions: GreenPotato

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Hey Invader Incubus, still having the same issue with the game after losing a scout. The game over screen seems to cover the majority of the screen after a loss, and the new scout select screen covers all but a tiny strip of the map, which then fades away after the selection of the new scout is finished.

My personal opinion is that you should probably take out the game over screen itself if you still have available scouts, and instead implement a system where you appear in the base lab and select the next scout from standing sprites. It would prevent transition bugs like this and you would be able to tell at a glance if the function that allows you to swap to a new scout is working.

Edit: it seems like this bug doesn't happen *every* time you lose a scout. I'll see if I can figure out if there's some specific circumstances that causes it.
I need to bring the blinders back, is my honest answer for this. Also, your solution is much more elegant than what we have currently, so I will write it down. I know a lot of aspects of the game need that kind of POLISH, but I am focused again, on creating assets, and a couple new areas to keep that "content" drip going. For now I am wracking my brain on how I am going to get the first cinematic in the game, and the next big area, the open plains.

People are insisting that the game FEELS like it needs some forward momentum, some kind of goal, and I agree. I hope people will be grumbly and satisfied with the coming world map, and opening quest for the game which will explain what the fuck our protagonists are doing and why they need to get out and explore the world.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Don't know if you have a preferred way to report bugs so, I'll put it here.
Found a bug when I was release one of the water serpents, she gave me a item from perk, went into a evolve sequence, then the game just stayed on the evolved monster screen. Has also happened with switching a minimoo to first position. However game didn't freeze up so i got to continue, and also gave her better genetics?|
Also encountered a bug where i engaged some bees and the first bee had 0 HP and no other monsters reinforcing, causing the game to freeze up saying "Player has won"

Reactions: Invader Incubus

Anonymouse7476754

Jul 24, 2023
Invader Incubus just wanna say really love the game!

As far as forward momentum goes, I dont mind it too much atm because this is still the alpha version Im p sure, like the moment you add quests and goals and story etc players will have an actual goal to work towards instead of just wandering a big map and only going into battles, but I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting to have these areas and monsters polished before you jump ahead with a full plot and quest progression

As per personal suggestions/things id like to see in the game:

*maybe like a bad end screen for when you lose all your scouts? in general just cgs and stuff using pixel art would come hand in hand with story and adding to the story would really enhance the sexiness. maybe this could include unique scout animations for certain monsters but thats a ton of work I bet so I wouldnt be angry or anything if its not in

*adding some kind of penalty for going out at night in the dark could add to the atmosphere and feeling of the game (maybe something like higher statted monsters at night or sudden encounters even outside of grass? could also be a cool way to let players get wild monsters with breeding buffs)

*Having certain benefits/draws for scout selection could be cool. After the first scout with the starting team theyre all basically the same, so maybe some kind of in-built scout buff could help make runs unique (like maybe the grass scout adds a stat buff for your monsters against water monsters? idk these hypothetical buffs could add to the breeding mechanic instead like maybe grass scout + grass monster = quicker egg)

I agree with your rougelike direction for the game (I think it removes the somewhat tedious grind some porn games have), so really adding to the variety of monsters and scouts (options) and implementing some kind of quest system (progression) are all thats really needed to make the rougelike aspect work, and again since the game is still in its early stages I dont think theres anything bad about the current sandbox state its in while you work out the gameplay/code kinks

Overall really love the game concept + ideas, sorry if i sounded a little too gameplay optimization focused, hoping to see what comes next!

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
Once enemy trainers are in, I'm joining the 10$ tier.
I think this feature is going to pretty popular, and that with the scout votes going away (for now) having an enemy trainer vote could be pretty cool. I am overhauling the X animations going forward though, to make them easier on me.

Don't know if you have a preferred way to report bugs so, I'll put it here.
Found a bug when I was release one of the water serpents, she gave me a item from perk, went into a evolve sequence, then the game just stayed on the evolved monster screen. Has also happened with switching a minimoo to first position. However game didn't freeze up so i got to continue, and also gave her better genetics?|
Also encountered a bug where i engaged some bees and the first bee had 0 HP and no other monsters reinforcing, causing the game to freeze up saying "Player has won"
I have no idea what the fuck that Bee bug might be.

Invader Incubus just wanna say really love the game!

As far as forward momentum goes, I dont mind it too much atm because this is still the alpha version Im p sure, like the moment you add quests and goals and story etc players will have an actual goal to work towards instead of just wandering a big map and only going into battles, but I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting to have these areas and monsters polished before you jump ahead with a full plot and quest progression

As per personal suggestions/things id like to see in the game:

*maybe like a bad end screen for when you lose all your scouts? in general just cgs and stuff using pixel art would come hand in hand with story and adding to the story would really enhance the sexiness. maybe this could include unique scout animations for certain monsters but thats a ton of work I bet so I wouldnt be angry or anything if its not in

*adding some kind of penalty for going out at night in the dark could add to the atmosphere and feeling of the game (maybe something like higher statted monsters at night or sudden encounters even outside of grass? could also be a cool way to let players get wild monsters with breeding buffs)

*Having certain benefits/draws for scout selection could be cool. After the first scout with the starting team theyre all basically the same, so maybe some kind of in-built scout buff could help make runs unique (like maybe the grass scout adds a stat buff for your monsters against water monsters? idk these hypothetical buffs could add to the breeding mechanic instead like maybe grass scout + grass monster = quicker egg)

I agree with your rougelike direction for the game (I think it removes the somewhat tedious grind some porn games have), so really adding to the variety of monsters and scouts (options) and implementing some kind of quest system (progression) are all thats really needed to make the rougelike aspect work, and again since the game is still in its early stages I dont think theres anything bad about the current sandbox state its in while you work out the gameplay/code kinks

Overall really love the game concept + ideas, sorry if i sounded a little too gameplay optimization focused, hoping to see what comes next!
I think I misjudged how EXCITED a little story (and a map) would get players interested in WHAT IS TO COME. A little starting quest is gonna be a high priority this coming month. Now that people seem convinced my commitment to this game is REAL and that it is happening, I need to tease them with how awesome an EGGOMON 1.0 could be. Also I need to find more places and methods to market this game. (Share with your friends, kids)
Bro I would LOVE to do way more pixel animations and art for EVERY aspect of the game. A complete game over screen is definitely something we need though.

A night-fight penalty could be interesting. There's a difficulty scaling mechanic that is coming in the next update. More dangerous areas (high threat level) have WILD monsters that do more damage (and obviously the encounters are just, BIGGER fights). Camping each night will be pretty important to keeping YOUR monsters under control (FED and obedient).

Currently mating a scout to a monster of the appropriate type should grant the offspring a genetic buff called ELEMENT BRED (which will carry on to any of that monsters future offspring). The whole KEYWORD system that will be fleshed out this spring, will bring with it unique scout buffs. It's a cool idea I agree.

Not sure whether the fix was implemented yet but I got the same bug. Downloaded the game just an hour ago
You have to have downloaded an older version. I usually hotfix the MEGA and MEDIAFIRE, since those links are to folders I can drop a fixed version into.

I'm super happy with the monster vote for February:
FebNewMonstersPromoPng.png
Shark might benefit from darker colors... But it's a tougher choice than the previous votes.
I also feel like shark needs a tail though... I couldn't get fins on her without them looking goofy but a tail might suit her.

Krumpligazda

May 13, 2023
For the freak who wanted LINUX EGGOMON: Mega
Is it any extra work to build for Linux regularly with the windows build? If it's not a big deal, it'd be dope if you could do it.

I don't use Linux as my main OS because I'm a gamer and people don't support it well. If it was supported I'd never use Windows ever again.

Windows is hot garbage FR though, I have to reinstall quarterly just to keep my system running smoothly, I don't think I have ever had to re-install Linux at any point, other than my test installs where I was messing with the kernel lol.

Reactions: Invader Incubus
3.20 star(s) 22 Votes