3.20 star(s) 22 Votes
May 18, 2020
I'll be honest, I rather enjoy the grab mechanic, hope to see that implemented more. I quite enjoy the threat it adds to an encounter, and the encouragement to either finish the combat in a set amount of turns, or struggle free and resume normal engagement. It tickles a part of my brain I rather enjoy, it's a damn good alpha, and I'll be watching for further developments eagerly!

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
I appreciate everyone's feedback, I don't need to be defended, I am getting an overwhelmingly hopeful and positive response to what other people ALSO agree is a pretty good effort ALPHA. Please don't fight with one another, but know that I love your love and am charmed you want to keep me feeling positive. While I clearly need to be up front about what will be added and what direction we will be going in, telling other users they need to check the official Q+A is a valid response.

Now to the game itself as it is now, mostly about UI. it would be very nice to see numbers of items in inventory always, not only when you place selection on them, which you have to do with your keyboard and not mouse. Also choosing actions in battle could be more flexible, when you want to go to the right tab and choose flee, it would be much more better to just press left arrow from the left corner of the screen to go to the right corner, and not pressing right arrow alot of times to reach it. And also utilize the up/down arrow to actually go up or down, not forward and back. Would be also very nice if message when you found an evolution stone stated for which type the stone actually is.

Also there is a 3 options to choose from after defeating the monster or group of monsters, but every time only one of them is available to take and other options are always just blank. Also i experienced game becoming laggy. I kept the game open for some time, came back and it dropped FPS quite significantly.
And when the monster grabs you, the timer dosen't work properly most of the time. Sometimes the number don't change after the action, usually when your mon is defeated and you switch for someone else, or when it reaches 1 it just resets to the number it originally was.

Oh, it's surely is crystal clear what game is trying to become...
Game about pregnancy and impregnation, Dev states it's their kink, but header also states "don’t get bred" And it's a game over.
It's version 0.0.1. Early game just fresh from the oven to the public. Preview image shows almost exclusively, thicc female characters with no indication that they are futa. Actual game is about Monsters putting their D inside you, not you in them.

Surely there will be no misunderstandings.
Oh sure, I agree about the evolution stones, I actually did that today in about 10 minutes. Next release the text pop will tell you what kind of stone you just looted, so you don't have to check your bag each time you find one to see if you got one that's useful. Please note that the stones will be much rarer in future versions and often hidden in chests that are in hard-to-reach places.
I don't want to give the player many recruit options yet, since you are fighting small simple enemy monster groups and theres only 10 unevolved monsters.
I will look into the game becoming laggy, I think there might be some bad loops somewhere? There's a whole world clock ticking you cannot see yet.
Thanks for the tip, that the monster X counter isnt counting down to climax. The X countdown is calculated after a turn is over, WIERDLY when you switch out a monster the game then immediately checks the speed of both monsters, and the one who is faster can go first. Ironically this means that if you had very fast monsters you could do 10 switches in a row and still have it be your turn. This will be an actual strategy as Keywords come to the fore and get explained. The timer resets because the monster has NOT succeeded in impregnating the scout with that climax. Each monster has a fertility score, so does the scout, and so if it doesn't succeed in impregnating the scout the timer resets. THIS IS NOT COMMUNICATED NICELY, because the game is an alpha. The BUGGER monster (green insect lady) has the OVIPOSITOR Keyword which means it takes longer to climax but is a guaranteed impregnation if she finished. She is the only encounter in the patch of grass beside where the player starts, she is also quite grabby. Each patch of grass can be loaded to deploy a specific set of encounters, as explorers will surely learn.
You'll also notice the player starts beside a tree they cannot walk through, a patch of grass with an easy encounter, a sub-level they can wander into, a path that leads to the future areas, and a suspicious looking stump (it has leaves so its a chest stump) with an item in it. Thus demonstrating most of the basic mechanics immediately.
LOADS of polish will need to happen, I think additional damage number text, super effective text, and impregnation failed text needs to pop out of the heads of monsters and fade.

I don't even share fetishes with the developer, I just love the game and want to see them make whatever they want to make without being harrassed on here.
Thanks, I am pretty resistant to negativity and open to love. I will always be catering to my patrons and people who like the game first and foremost. Don't need to be defended.
Oh and this game needs a fullscreen feature pretty bad. Good luck dev (y)
It will likely never have that, because redoing all the UI would be hell. HOWEVER, I can release a full screen version with blinders all around the current camera.

Today I set up all the player sprites to switch to the current scout correctly, so when the Aqua vote on Patreon is over I will just be able whip up her sprites in a day, slot them in, and it will work. I also fixed the evolution stones so when you loot them the text-pop TELLS you what type of stone it is. I doubled the number of doodads that can be spread around the ground as clutter, and will finish another pass on the Rosedew meadow tonight (I'll be deleting the bushes on the bottom right of the area, they feel out of place). I created a fruit plant texture, and I began to cobble together the scout selection screen that will appear after you select start (once Aqua is added) instead of just launching you into Rosedew meadow as Leaf.
1700694669875.png Yes, there will be many more areas to this game. Ignore any mention of a Hidden Base please. I will be henceforth denying any mention of its existence and it will appear in no future posts or maps. Also ignore that the map says "Surface" levels
1700694815906.png
Here's what just my google docs folder for organizing the alpha of this game looks like. Weird there's a pokemon character in there, seeing how unrelated it is.
1700694881085.png

Kazaim

Apr 2, 2020
I appreciate everyone's feedback, I don't need to be defended, I am getting an overwhelmingly hopeful and positive response to what other people ALSO agree is a pretty good effort ALPHA. Please don't fight with one another, but know that I love your love and am charmed you want to keep me feeling positive. While I clearly need to be up front about what will be added and what direction we will be going in, telling other users they need to check the official Q+A is a valid response.

Oh sure, I agree about the evolution stones, I actually did that today in about 10 minutes. Next release the text pop will tell you what kind of stone you just looted, so you don't have to check your bag each time you find one to see if you got one that's useful. Please note that the stones will be much rarer in future versions and often hidden in chests that are in hard-to-reach places.
I don't want to give the player many recruit options yet, since you are fighting small simple enemy monster groups and theres only 10 unevolved monsters.
I will look into the game becoming laggy, I think there might be some bad loops somewhere? There's a whole world clock ticking you cannot see yet.
Thanks for the tip, that the monster X counter isnt counting down to climax. The X countdown is calculated after a turn is over, WIERDLY when you switch out a monster the game then immediately checks the speed of both monsters, and the one who is faster can go first. Ironically this means that if you had very fast monsters you could do 10 switches in a row and still have it be your turn. This will be an actual strategy as Keywords come to the fore and get explained. The timer resets because the monster has NOT succeeded in impregnating the scout with that climax. Each monster has a fertility score, so does the scout, and so if it doesn't succeed in impregnating the scout the timer resets. THIS IS NOT COMMUNICATED NICELY, because the game is an alpha. The BUGGER monster (green insect lady) has the OVIPOSITOR Keyword which means it takes longer to climax but is a guaranteed impregnation if she finished. She is the only encounter in the patch of grass beside where the player starts, she is also quite grabby. Each patch of grass can be loaded to deploy a specific set of encounters, as explorers will surely learn.
You'll also notice the player starts beside a tree they cannot walk through, a patch of grass with an easy encounter, a sub-level they can wander into, a path that leads to the future areas, and a suspicious looking stump (it has leaves so its a chest stump) with an item in it. Thus demonstrating most of the basic mechanics immediately.
LOADS of polish will need to happen, I think additional damage number text, super effective text, and impregnation failed text needs to pop out of the heads of monsters and fade.

Thanks, I am pretty resistant to negativity and open to love. I will always be catering to my patrons and people who like the game first and foremost. Don't need to be defended.

It will likely never have that, because redoing all the UI would be hell. HOWEVER, I can release a full screen version with blinders all around the current camera.

Today I set up all the player sprites to switch to the current scout correctly, so when the Aqua vote on Patreon is over I will just be able whip up her sprites in a day, slot them in, and it will work. I also fixed the evolution stones so when you loot them the text-pop TELLS you what type of stone it is. I doubled the number of doodads that can be spread around the ground as clutter, and will finish another pass on the Rosedew meadow tonight (I'll be deleting the bushes on the bottom right of the area, they feel out of place). I created a fruit plant texture, and I began to cobble together the scout selection screen that will appear after you select start (once Aqua is added) instead of just launching you into Rosedew meadow as Leaf.
View attachment 3109910 Yes, there will be many more areas to this game. Ignore any mention of a Hidden Base please. I will be henceforth denying any mention of its existence and it will appear in no future posts or maps. Also ignore that the map says "Surface" levels
View attachment 3109912
Here's what just my google docs folder for organizing the alpha of this game looks like. Weird there's a pokemon character in there, seeing how unrelated it is.
View attachment 3109913
I have questions.

Will the Monsters of specific Elements and Biome spawn ONLY in those Maps/Biomes with, for example, Fire Map spawns Fire Monsters and vice versa?

How many Evolutions can the Monsters evolve into? If there are Conditions for more specific Evolutions and the requirements for said Evolutions past 1st Evolution and perhaps special Evolutions and alike and so on?

Will Items respawn after a certain amount of time or battles or other conditions for items to respawn? Will there be a Shop, for example?

This is all i am curious about for the time being.

Dj_Astro

Aug 22, 2018
Honestly id be okay with that too, makes the backdrop of my pc less distracting lol.
I found out you can actually do this by default in windows by making a shortcut of the application and setting its properties to maximum window size, with blinders in place. Blinders go away once you load into the game however.

Invader Incubus

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2023
I have questions.

Will the Monsters of specific Elements and Biome spawn ONLY in those Maps/Biomes with, for example, Fire Map spawns Fire Monsters and vice versa?

How many Evolutions can the Monsters evolve into? If there are Conditions for more specific Evolutions and the requirements for said Evolutions past 1st Evolution and perhaps special Evolutions and alike and so on?

Will Items respawn after a certain amount of time or battles or other conditions for items to respawn? Will there be a Shop, for example?

This is all i am curious about for the time being.
The monsters will be mostly spread out according to Biome. However the Biomes are not going to be element restricted. More species relevant like: In a forest you might find a [WIND] Owl, [COSMIC] Wolf, or [SPARK] Mouse, but also loads of [VEG] [NORMAL] and [BUG] types. When the plains get added you might find a [ROCK] Rhino, [FIRE] Horse, [WIND] Eagle while wandering there, but loads more [WIND] and [NORMAL] types. Monsters will also get spread out and redistributed across the map as it expands.
You might have also picked up that every patch of grass can keep its own list of possible encounters. For example, you can only encounter and recruit water-types in that patch of grass beside the stream. Will you encounter water types randomly on the plains or forest? No, but if there's grass beside a pond or river I will include them. So that's another way to justify monster diversity.

Wild items might respawn eventually, but there's none in the game yet. Thinking about a 'patches of soil' mechanic. Chests will never respawn, and loads of good shit will be in them.
Oh I don't think there will ever be a shop. But there will be a base / farms / stable mechanic. Part of the reason you want to breed in QUANTITY is because it will give your base more manpower (manpower will degrade over time as monsters leave 15% a day (a single monster might be worth 20 points)). And of course planned breeding for QUALITY will give you more powerful monsters.

I prefer keeping all my community engagement centralized here and on Patreon and will slow down on my replies as well guys. Mostly because I want to talk when I share work, not needlessly bump a thread, and focus on working.

Any advice on where I should advertise the game?

Reactions: Kazaim and d4zz

Plumpunikitty

May 7, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of "Survival-lite" genre and some other core ideas. I guess I'll check it out once it's out of alpha and has some substance.

ex12345

Jul 23, 2017
Gotta say, I absolutely love the "capture or be captured" mechanic concept. My one wish is that it included male scouts with female monsters that basically kidnap them if the deed is done. Either way, great stuff so far, looking forward to the future,

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mister Wake

VincentS

Jun 25, 2022
You'll also notice the player starts beside a tree they cannot walk through, a patch of grass with an easy encounter, a sub-level they can wander into, a path that leads to the future areas, and a suspicious looking stump (it has leaves so its a chest stump) with an item in it.
Wow, I just loaded up to confirm and the stumps really are chests with evo stones. I never would have figured that out, I thought they were just scenery lol

ecroose

Nov 12, 2019
so if there are going to be monster guys, is there going to be any MxM content? i get that its about monsters and breeding but, hey, there are pretty few mpreg games out there can hope it gets added.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
So I tried it the monsters look nice the animations were smooth I personally dont like the concept of the game though, I feel with the design you would be better off served making a platformer style game but maybe its just me
personally when I play a h-game with the pixel style as this I prefer grab/rape mechanics that you can struggle out of
the catching your eggomons and battleing them just feels like a tedious step I guess I can understand it because you want to make a stable get breeding/preg content I personally am a huge fan of oviposition/egglaying
but you can do that with practically any genre, the way it is in this will make more sense but, tedious

but ill keep watching, it wasnt bad by any means its a good start to show the concept
goodluck in the future!

Anonomist

Mar 24, 2023
Possibly just my Laptop being bad but after moving once everything turns black, it's like the camera moved off-screen

Jun 28, 2019
Several times i've tried to recruit the available monster option (usually after I release a monster.), and it doesn't let me recruit them, just gives me the denied sound, EVEN THOUGH, I don't have a full party. Possibly a bug I'd assume.

Mister Wake

Jan 6, 2019
Possibly just my Laptop being bad but after moving once everything turns black, it's like the camera moved off-screen
Download from MEGA, its a bug that was fixed

Several times i've tried to recruit the available monster option (usually after I release a monster.), and it doesn't let me recruit them, just gives me the denied sound, EVEN THOUGH, I don't have a full party. Possibly a bug I'd assume.
Another bug that needs fixing; if you've removed pokefellows, the game still counts that slot as full even if its empty. If that isn't what happened to you, I am sorry I do not know

Jun 28, 2019
Another bug that needs fixing; if you've removed pokefellows, the game still counts that slot as full even if its empty. If that isn't what happened to you, I am sorry I do not know
seemingly you can "fix" that issue by moving a different ally onto that slot and back, not sure if that helps in fixing it or not.

• Red Heart

Kazaim

Apr 2, 2020
seemingly you can "fix" that issue by moving a different ally onto that slot and back, not sure if that helps in fixing it or not.
Worked for me. Should function just the same for others. The next update should probably resolve these issues and perhaps more content, rather than Test Version.

Kazaim

Apr 2, 2020
The monsters will be mostly spread out according to Biome. However the Biomes are not going to be element restricted. More species relevant like: In a forest you might find a [WIND] Owl, [COSMIC] Wolf, or [SPARK] Mouse, but also loads of [VEG] [NORMAL] and [BUG] types. When the plains get added you might find a [ROCK] Rhino, [FIRE] Horse, [WIND] Eagle while wandering there, but loads more [WIND] and [NORMAL] types. Monsters will also get spread out and redistributed across the map as it expands.
You might have also picked up that every patch of grass can keep its own list of possible encounters. For example, you can only encounter and recruit water-types in that patch of grass beside the stream. Will you encounter water types randomly on the plains or forest? No, but if there's grass beside a pond or river I will include them. So that's another way to justify monster diversity.

Wild items might respawn eventually, but there's none in the game yet. Thinking about a 'patches of soil' mechanic. Chests will never respawn, and loads of good shit will be in them.
Oh I don't think there will ever be a shop. But there will be a base / farms / stable mechanic. Part of the reason you want to breed in QUANTITY is because it will give your base more manpower (manpower will degrade over time as monsters leave 15% a day (a single monster might be worth 20 points)). And of course planned breeding for QUALITY will give you more powerful monsters.

I prefer keeping all my community engagement centralized here and on Patreon and will slow down on my replies as well guys. Mostly because I want to talk when I share work, not needlessly bump a thread, and focus on working.

Any advice on where I should advertise the game?
Thanks for the info. It was very enligthening, especially about which direction and intentions you have for this project. I'm even more interested now!

I suggest setting up on Subscribestar, Itch.io. Those are my go to right now. And nothing is wrong with trying to set this up on DLSite as well. The more positions you set up on, the higher the chance you gain attraction. Then again, be cautious of getting bad attraction. People who want THEIR stuff in your project, that goes against your vision and intentions with what you wanna make/do. Just a fair warning. Happened to others, i don't want you to be another victim.

Please take your time and don't worry about responding to us. Respond when you are feel like it's time. Let us not distract you.

3.20 star(s) 22 Votes