Sep 21, 2021
Some of that art in preview screenshots reminds me a lot of Kawakami Rokkaku, a top-tier artist. If it follows his fetishes too, then it's definitely a top-tier game as well.

Gonna wait until it hits at least v0.7 tho, because I'm already hooked up on many unfinished projects, the wait already is too damn suffocating.

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
Top notch art and the girls are right in my strike zone. I even took my time to enjoy the story, which is rare for me! The only thing that got me down was the abrupt ending. There is not a lot of content for a game over a year in development. It may just be a case of waiting on the artist though so I understand. Best of luck to you Dev!

Reactions: JediVash

LaterGater

Nov 20, 2016
Aight... this has to be the biggest disappointment in a while. I've been waiting from the start (1+) year before trying this to give it time to develop only to be served with barely 30 min of content. Wtf are the devs thinking? there's an unnecessary unique hand drawn CG every 3 sentences, no wonder this project is at a standstill. All those individual updates I've seen go were probably barely 2 min each.

No idea why anyone is supporting this tbh, as good as the art is. This project is clearly going nowhere.

Reactions: STOPS

OtakuGamer11

Jan 19, 2019
I'm just waiting for every eventual update to get my hands on a few more fappable elf drawings. Some updates are nicer than others. Can't imagine waiting for the actual game/plot though. Must be hard.

AM97

Oct 9, 2017
The art is great and the story seems fun. I just hope that after reading a couple of comments that updates will either be more frequent or bigger in size

JediVash

Jul 10, 2019
Back again with some insights about the project!

Art looks nice, shame no animations. Any music or sound? How about a Mega link for PC please? :unsure:
We do have a soundtrack and it continues to grow along with our updates, there are 5 songs and one more will probably be added with 0.5.2.

Wait... is the game gonna be a collection of short stories that are all taking place in the same world but with different characters each time? The dev notes seem to imply that.
Elfheim is an entire universe. Our first entry in it, which is this Visual Novel, will be following our heroic Slime and his interactions with the Elves.

How many "scenes" this time?
Slow updates on top of those updates only being a minute or two long...
I think I may just quit bothering with this one.

There also a difference between 'scenes' and 'images'.
" 17 new Scenes (8 brand new and 9 variations)!!! "
There might be 17 new images. But it's only a single new scene.
Like I have said before at the end of page 13, we only have been using "scene" as the word referring to new images because Renpy uses it and we don't have sprites nor background setups... but we have already changed the wording and further updates will stop using it.

Aight... this has to be the biggest disappointment in a while. I've been waiting from the start (1+) year before trying this to give it time to develop only to be served with barely 30 min of content. Wtf are the devs thinking? there's an unnecessary unique hand drawn CG every 3 sentences, no wonder this project is at a standstill. All those individual updates I've seen go were probably barely 2 min each.

No idea why anyone is supporting this tbh, as good as the art is. This project is clearly going nowhere.
I must congratulate your extremely fast reading speed, but in any case, that's our objective, we went into this project aiming to make a VN that's closer to a comic. This means you won't be getting dozens of hours of reading. Naturally, the amount and quality of our artworks makes it impossible to bring dozens of panels with each update; if you want a more "traditional" VN, I'm sure there are thousands out there, but we want this VN to be our very own thing, and we prefer it this way.

This is not actually game at all yet. There is no gameplay, just an unending intro scene that ends abruptly.
It's just an unending intro interruptus.
I've seen some comments as well as a review or two mention this, but on our official links we make it very clear that Elfheim is a , you are getting exactly what we are aiming to do.

The art is great and the story seems fun. I just hope that after reading a couple of comments that updates will either be more frequent or bigger in size
Besides some personal issues that happened in 2021 which slowed us down for a couple of months, we have switched from updates with a chunk of content to smaller and frequent monthly updates, we have been keeping it up since December without a fault.

Last edited:

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Art looks damn cool, how about sex scenes: are they have proper animations? Or we have only pictures?

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
if the dev is claiming that there are 17 new scenes and it turns out to be only 17 images, that's already one big fat cross. Lying = lack of sincerity = lack of quality and dwarfed game production

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Love it so far, can't wait to see what's next! <3 This kind of art style is among my favorite!

STOPS

Feb 13, 2019
sadly not evry game with animated scenes has the animated Tag.
any more high iq ideas?
Then how about you go watch hentai or Zone, you know, things that are meant to be animated. A hard concept to grasp, I know, but try your best.

Anyone with at least a lukewarm IQ wouldn't be asking a dev of a visual novel to commission hand drawn animations for their crowd funded work.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes