3.70 star(s) 23 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
If that ain't enough ammo to have some suspicion on someone,
So you're saying the one who did a 180...is the one now suspicious of someone he died for?

Really? ;)

Maybe you should perhaps try and highlight that a little better. also from a personal perspective and opinion, maybe give Lyria her personality back too.

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
So you're saying the one who did a 180...is the one now suspicious of someone he died for?

Really? ;)

Maybe you should perhaps try and highlight that a little better. also from a personal perspective and opinion, maybe give Lyria her personality back too.
No.

What I'm saying is that you can conjure up a hundred different reasons, and hundred different explanations for something. And said reasons would still fit the general picture of it all, and they'd be valid.

In terms of what IS, is that he isn't suspicious. But he also doesn't wanna be nagged by the "save the world with butterflies" attitude either.

Her personality is the same, just a shade darker. Overall, honestly, I'm not sure what else to say or add onto the matter. Whatever the case be, on a personal level I'm about done answering questions regarding Lyria to such extents. She is not the center of the universe, nor the main or secondary main character.

Once again, with all due respect, it is called Elleria, not Lyria. And I won't change story to accommodate a group of people who fancy a single character. And that is all I can and/or will say on this particular matter.

Sorry if that's not up to your taste, you dislike it and/or somehow find yourself offended by it. Nothing else for me to say.

Reactions: Punto

js00906

Feb 21, 2019
Why wouldn't he? No, really. Why wouldn't he have justified doubts about her loyalty per se? Moon Elves are worshippers of Inara.

For all intent and purposes that he knows, Inara may as well be using her as a remote radio station to listen in. And as far as Eliot knows, Lyria was always dedicated faithful of Inara.
I don't remember this being said by the MC or something the MC addresses beyond being told not to trust people. Sure, it makes sense, but if the MC doesn't have this thought in a way we can read, then we can only assume his motives. I think a lot of issues people are having is that you are writing this story in a way that requires people's head canon to do the heavy lifting.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
I think a lot of issues people are having is that you are writing this story in a way that requires people's head canon to do the heavy lifting.
For some aspects of the story, sure. I don't think that is the case for Lyria. Mystic can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this but, I think he weaved that tapestry pretty damn well.

Look back to the first trip MC and Lyria make to the desert and stop at the tavern. The first mentions are of how disgusting she finds the place to be. She's simply not cut out to be in a place like that. Once they sit down, almost the entire conversation is about her breed of elves and their chosen deity. She's real light on the why and how but, real heavy on conviction that her deity good, Eris (the sister of her Deity) EVIL. Not good versus bad or good versus not quite as good. It's all or nothing in her mind because that is what she is raised to believe without question.

Fast forward to Aria and MC going there and you'll note that Aria isn't fussed one bit by the place.

That's the primary conflict for Lyria. Her world view is based on an ideology that fits with what she wants the world to be. You aren't moving her off of that hill. She'll rationalize the fuck out of anything and everything to avoid anything that conflicts with it. The MC knows her well enough to understand that pretty damn well. Explaining isn't changing anything and neither will trying to ease her into shit. Keeping her away was the best solution for her because it allowed her to live in her delusion of was/is. Now, the MC is just too considerate of her to boot or behead her.

Players want to rationalize along with her because elf pussy. Mystic is telling a story of a Deity and her apparently affection for a man that dates back for more than one thousand years.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
For some aspects of the story, sure. I don't think that is the case for Lyria. Mystic can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this but, I think he weaved that tapestry pretty damn well.

Look back to the first trip MC and Lyria make to the desert and stop at the tavern. The first mentions are of how disgusting she finds the place to be. She's simply not cut out to be in a place like that. Once they sit down, almost the entire conversation is about her breed of elves and their chosen deity. She's real light on the why and how but, real heavy on conviction that her deity good, Eris (the sister of her Deity) EVIL. Not good versus bad or good versus not quite as good. It's all or nothing in her mind because that is what she is raised to believe without question.

Fast forward to Aria and MC going there and you'll note that Aria isn't fussed one bit by the place.

That's the primary conflict for Lyria. Her world view is based on an ideology that fits with what she wants the world to be. You aren't moving her off of that hill. She'll rationalize the fuck out of anything and everything to avoid anything that conflicts with it. The MC knows her well enough to understand that pretty damn well. Explaining isn't changing anything and neither will trying to ease her into shit. Keeping her away was the best solution for her because it allowed her to live in her delusion of was/is. Now, the MC is just too considerate of her to boot or behead her.

Players want to rationalize along with her because elf pussy. Mystic is telling a story of a Deity and her apparently affection for a man that dates back for more than one thousand years.
Yeah, well, fucking amen. I have nothing to correct you on honestly... though I'm glad to see some comments that are accurate. But yeah, I'm about done with Lyria comments and anything related.

Whoever minds it can just drop the game and be done with it, really don't care at this point. Its tiresome.

Peppi80

Aug 2, 2021
I am very glad that I came across this project here and I must say that I like it very much. I will keep an eye on it and must say good work so far. I'm excited to see how the whole thing develops, keep it up.

Reactions: Mystic

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I didn't know that Chapter 2 would have sandbox. Please remove it and continue like you did for Chapter 1 Dev. Sand box is boring and to grinding. Play from Chapter 1 it was like a story. Now, it's getting boring. Please continue the story version.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I didn't know that Chapter 2 would have sandbox. Please remove it and continue like you did for Chapter 1 Dev. Sand box is boring and to grinding. Play from Chapter 1 it was like a story. Now, it's getting boring. Please continue the story version.
My man... there is no bloody sandbox here.

And there is certainly no grind of any sort. You just press the choices to set up the values and get scenes in chronological order.

Jun 24, 2024
My man... there is no bloody sandbox here.

And there is certainly no grind of any sort. You just press the choices to set up the values and get scenes in chronological order.
He's probably talking about that camp like thing you do at the end of chapter

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I mean.. that ain't a sandbox tho. Just transition stuff for code.
Mystic; you seem a cool guy, so I'll think out loud, you created a marvelous, and outstanding AVN, which is captivating as bonus.
On top of that you are active in the thread, on a forum, where all kind of people use.
All things, please take all coments with a bit of humor, and the requierd bit of salt, don't take things too personal, and be assured you have a great product.
Has it flaws ? yes, but it is a growing process, cna't speak for all but for me it is a honor to see how a good and apealing story develops, and gains momentum, Keep it up.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
just another reason I don't trust the sandbox tag in games until I play a game for myself haha can't trust people if they confuse free roam as sandbox

Reactions: xapican

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
There isn’t even a sandbox tag guys, the War table is the least sandbox-like addition to the VN.
just another reason I don't trust the sandbox tag in games until I play a game for myself haha can't trust people if they confuse free roam as sandbox
Which is the reason why we need those renewal of tags, sandboxes differ in their gameplay structure

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
That is not sandbox buddy.
I'm sorry, everytime I see and option like that and lots of then back to back, first thing comes to my mind is sandbox. Sorry for the misunderstanding. They even had some with choices of where to go, that's why I thought it was sandbox.

3.70 star(s) 23 Votes