3.70 star(s) 23 Votes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I'm sorry, everytime I see and option like that and lots of then back to back, first thing comes to my mind is sandbox. Sorry for the misunderstanding. They even had some with choices of where to go, that's why I thought it was sandbox.
All good but nah, as I said, just to set up variables and do things in chronological order. No sandbox here.

Reactions: Punto

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
if this is the end, why not return to the main menu? View attachment 4103903
If I forced player back to main menu after chapters, it would mess up with coding and values in the background.

I'd rather avoid screwing up the save files. Nothing costs em to save there and load per updates, and just click the thing to continue. I also use the method to set-up new things if I have any on continue.

Jul 17, 2020
Isn't that called freeroam ?
Free roam and sandbox are synonyms if I'm not wrong.
free roam is usually only a temporary part of the game, but sandbox implies completely open game-play direction. some games do free roam well as a little break from linear story but others turn free roam into full blown "mini-sanboxes" with no substantial story development, that you have to grind through to get back to the story.

Reactions: xapican
Jun 24, 2024
free roam is usually only a temporary part of the game, but sandbox implies completely open game-play direction. some games do free roam well as a little break from linear story but others turn free roam into full blown "mini-sanboxes" with no substantial story development, that you have to grind through to get back to the story.
I've learned some things from storytelling. If you're a good writer who can captivate audiences there's no need for sandboxes. Most of them are just an excuses to stretch the runtimes

Reactions: Juerhullycin

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I've learned some things from storytelling. If you're a good writer who can captivate audiences there's no need for sandboxes. Most of them are just an excuses to stretch the runtimes
While it’s true that sandboxes can be a tool to expand out the content with unnecessary grinding and waiting to create the sense of gameplay, on the other hand sandboxes and free roaming are simply way of developing.
I have played vns with a fun and functional sandbox which contains freedom of choice, exploration and great writing rather than an obsessing clicking

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
on a personal level I'm about done answering questions regarding Lyria to such extents.
I can understand 100% why you are fed up with the bickering about her, but you should see it as a compliment that you wrote a character that, in the short amount of time she had, captured people enough that they care so much about her. ^^

the other dude voiced it better than i probably can, it makes absolutely sense that she would leave MC over his new Patreon.

Because our new Goddess is pretty much anathema to everything Lyria believes, cultural believes, and for what she worked for her entire live and we speaking Elven live not human live.
So I'm more then happy that you kept her around and that she has, understandably so, to be kept in the background till the others had a chance to established themself and more important she can settle herself into the new situation with MC that is the same, but obviously not the same at the same time.

I wouldn't believe if she would throw away her everything just for love. Not all at once at least. It's far more believable if she gradually gets corrupted(?) to the new world view.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I can understand 100% why you are fed up with the bickering about her, but you should see it as a compliment that you wrote a character that, in the short amount of time she had, captured people enough that they care so much about her. ^^

the other dude voiced it better than i probably can, it makes absolutely sense that she would leave MC over his new Patreon.

Because our new Goddess is pretty much anathema to everything Lyria believes, cultural believes, and for what she worked for her entire live and we speaking Elven live not human live.
So I'm more then happy that you kept her around and that she has, understandably so, to be kept in the background till the others had a chance to established themself and more important she can settle herself into the new situation with MC that is the same, but obviously not the same at the same time.

I wouldn't believe if she would throw away her everything just for love. Not all at once at least. It's far more believable if she gradually gets corrupted(?) to the new world view.
It is tiresome, yes. Lyria in grand scope of things is irrelevant. It can be a compliment perhaps, but it can also be exhausting. Especially if I start feeling pressured by the voices to do something that I don't wanna do.

And pretty much so, as I've repeated so many times, it goes against everything I have on her entire race and personality. She'd rather stab Eliot than approve of Eris worship, and if that were to happen, we know how she'd end.

And no, she wouldn't. Lyria would actually fight against this, and she'd go against Eliot if I wrote it actually to fit her race and personality. Once again, the end result would be the same... Eliot would impale her on a spike and throw her down the rampart.

So the only thing I'm atm left with, is corrupting her. Which is difficult from story perspective as she is an elf, it isn't impossible per se. There are such things in lore but...

It was never intended for her. Either way she isn't my focus... she is around when she is, when she isn't, she isn't. Not much I can say on it.

May 31, 2020
I'm glad to see it's on steam....
Means one can make a purchase but there are some instances in the game that makes it feel like a kinetic Novel..
Perhaps it's just me....I'm a simple man, rather and I believe sex scenes are as important as the plot.... The choice to choose who to fuck is Just as important as the choice to choose who to kill... perhaps I'm wrong since it's the early stage of development...

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I'm glad to see it's on steam....
Means one can make a purchase but there are some instances in the game that makes it feel like a kinetic Novel..
Perhaps it's just me....I'm a simple man, rather and I believe sex scenes are as important as the plot.... The choice to choose who to fuck is Just as important as the choice to choose who to kill... perhaps I'm wrong since it's the early stage of development...
Something down the road. Having a choice on each scene with each character takes tremendous amount of renders, I don't have time to deal with this. And I can't.

Everything else would suffer, and it would be sex after sex update. This... I cannot do, and I will not. Story takes priority for me, that has been stated from the get-go.

When all is said and done, wrapped up, nothing stops me from QoL updates and addons. I can have a peace of my mind at that point, knowing that I'm done with what should be the focus to begin with.

Otherwise I'll never be done with it, and I have other projects I want to do.

May 31, 2020
Something down the road. Having a choice on each scene with each character takes tremendous amount of renders, I don't have time to deal with this. And I can't.

Everything else would suffer, and it would be sex after sex update. This... I cannot do, and I will not. Story takes priority for me, that has been stated from the get-go.

When all is said and done, wrapped up, nothing stops me from QoL updates and addons. I can have a peace of my mind at that point, knowing that I'm done with what should be the focus to begin with.

Otherwise I'll never be done with it, and I have other projects I want to do.
Ahhhh I see... I'd take the story without sex if I have no say in it... The plot is already interesting enough as it but the said instances, for better or worse ruins the enjoyment...but I hear you.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Ahhhh I see... I'd take the story without sex if I have no say in it... The plot is already interesting enough as it but the said instances, for better or worse ruins the enjoyment...but I hear you.
That is perfectly fine, I understand this.

We all seek different games with different purposes in mind, nothing wrong there bud. All I can say is sorry to hear that, but not much I can do about that at present day and time.

Once again, it is on the list, but the list is long.

3.70 star(s) 23 Votes