• The "Wise" version

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • The "Young" version

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
Well just fired this one up and for real I am more interested in following the story than debating whether the MC will be a "incel" or not:ROFLMAO:. The flashback memory sequence was well done and got me hooked. The devil's sex scenes were kinda outta place for me anyway bcuz I felt I had an identifiable MC but was not a dealbreaker nonetheless. Looking forward for a great adventure.
Haven't played the older versions, so can't comment about that.

DarchengelVN Great work dev, I'm pretty sure this VN has huge potential.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just downloading the update, haven't played yet but I will say I kinda miss the ugly old dude - I felt a real personal connection with him......except he was stronger and better looking than me :ROFLMAO:

EDIT:
OK, new dude has enough grey in his hair you can keep him even though he's not ugly enough ;):LOL:

Last edited:

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Damn i will miss the "wise" creature mc. Best of luck regardless. I'll try this when I get a moment but honestly am sad that so many couldn't see the unique and great thing that wise mc was :(
Agreed. Wish the dev all the best with his game. but will also stop and move on. not my cup of tea anymore. But I bet he understands that.

Last edited:

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
MC to Sofia: "I've never seen anyone like you"
....says the guy who now looks almost exactly like an elf haha

Hippy elf isn't doesn't quite fit same as the original wise guy in my view, especially given how the elves make comments about his difference like 'who is this strange creature' and he them, but he'll do I guess. At least the debate about it will be done and the different versions.

Anyway, another great update DarchengelVN!

Btw, some more fixes I noted in addition to some Aner mentioned in their post:
Sofia: The wrogs were almost invencible (invincible)
Sofia: And here I am. A princess and his (her) guardian...
MC: ...achieve a kind of energy level superior of (to) your previous levels.
Sir Peter: My King, our army is trying to hold on (off) the invaders...
Zazel: I will be the god of all dimesions (dimensions)
Sofia: Let'me (Let me) bring light to your heart.
Dianna: One las(t) thing...
Sofia: Do we jumped from one memory to another? (this could be 'Do we jump from...' or 'Did we jump from...', up to you)
There's others I stopped recording them though, it needs a once over for grammar/typo's.

Also, I'm going to keep asking until you say yes or no definitively, will you ever rid of the extra clicks that hide text between renders... so painful. Pretty please :D

Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
MC to Sofia: "I've never seen anyone like you"
....says the guy who now looks almost exactly like an elf haha

Hippy elf isn't doesn't quite fit same as the original wise guy in my view, especially given how the elves make comments about his difference like 'who is this strange creature' and he them, but he'll do I guess. At least the debate about it will be done and the different versions.
Yeah, It's kind of throwing me off that two people who look almost identical keep talking about how different they are and he keeps referring to himself as a "monster" when he looks like an aging surfer elf.
Not a deal killer, but some dialog adjustments would have made it a little less awkward.

Reactions: Pogo123

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, It's kind of throwing me off that two people who look almost identical keep talking about how different they are and he keeps referring to himself as a "monster" when he looks like an aging surfer elf.
Not a deal killer, but some dialog adjustments would have made it a little less awkward.
Huh. Many people feel like that about themselves. They don't see the beauty right in front of them. Just because you look at someone and think: "Wow! She's hot." Doesn't mean she sees what you see. Many people have body dysmorphia. So, it's a thing.

Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Huh. Many people feel like that about themselves. They don't see the beauty right in front of them. Just because you look at someone and think: "Wow! She's hot." Doesn't mean she sees what you see. Many people have body dysmorphia. So, it's a thing.
I understand from that point, but he was more of an outcast and a "monster" when he looked so much different. When someone looks "normal" you aren't going to treat them as a monster but if they look scary or dangerous your first reaction may be one of fear or loathing. No matter what someone's opinion of themselves is, it is other peoples reactions in this case. I kind of appreciated that the women could see past his supposedly "hideous" exterior to the kind helpful caring person inside. Looks didn't matter.

Just my take on the issue.

Reactions: BreakdownBreakdown

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I understand from that point, but he was more of an outcast and a "monster" when he looked so much different. When someone looks "normal" you aren't going to treat them as a monster but if they look scary or dangerous your first reaction may be one of fear or loathing. No matter what someone's opinion of themselves is, it is other peoples reactions in this case. I kind of appreciated that the women could see past his supposedly "hideous" exterior to the kind helpful caring person inside. Looks didn't matter.

Just my take on the issue.
That's not always true. People are weird. Maybe when he was little, people were jealous and bullied him and not having a good parent, he grew up believing people hated him because he was ugly and a monster. I don't know really. I've never played this, simply because of the original look of the MC and because of the things I read of some other guy banging the chick and the MC doesn't get shit.

• Angry
Reactions: Uzhirian

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
That's not always true. People are weird. Maybe when he was little, people were jealous and bullied him and not having a good parent, he grew up believing people hated him because he was ugly and a monster. I don't know really. I've never played this, simply because of the original look of the MC and because of the things I read of some other guy banging the chick and the MC doesn't get shit.
The original look put me off of it, and I put if off, but when I played it I adored it, I wish I hadn't now cause it's hard for me that he is gone for good. The wise mc was so unique and fresh.

Reactions: BreakdownBreakdown

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The original look put me off of it, and I put if off, but when I played it I adored it, I wish I hadn't now cause it's hard for me that he is gone for good. The wise mc was so unique and fresh.
Unique? Ok. Sure. But, I have another word that starts with 'U' that I described him as. Fresh? Hmm.. There's several other games with a 'unique' looking character. So, not sure how 'fresh' that look is. I'll keep watching this and if the MC actually starts getting the women and we can avoid the whole scene where that other dude bangs that girl, I'll end up downloading this.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Unique? Ok. Sure. But, I have another word that starts with 'U' that I described him as. Fresh? Hmm.. There's several other games with a 'unique' looking character. So, not sure how 'fresh' that look is. I'll keep watching this and if the MC actually starts getting the women and we can avoid the whole scene where that other dude bangs that girl, I'll end up downloading this.
Yes there are "ugly" mc's but a whole nother species i personally hadn't seen in too many vns of this style. My two cents anyway which doesn't matter because of the bias against that mc from those that actually played the vn and even some that didn't complaints it is lost for good.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yes there are "ugly" mc's but a whole nother species i personally hadn't seen in too many vns of this style. My two cents anyway which doesn't matter because of the bias against that mc from those that actually played the vn and even some that didn't complaints it is lost for good.
Well, your opinion does matter to you and others. So, it is relevant. I never complained about it. I just sat back and watched the post. But, I agree with you as I know what it's like to have a fav MC or character changed to something I didn't like. One game changed the MC from a normal guy who worked out a lot, to a shota that likes to play video games. Another game one of the LIs was changed because people who didn't like her to begin with, kept saying she was ugly, which she wasn't, but, she was still changed and they still don't like her.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi there!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Wise guy is part of another project. A much more ambitious project. O(∩_∩)O
That was a strategic decision. I am aware of the burden and the bonus it can bring.
Hell yeah! Old ugly dudes of the world unite! we now have a leader to follow!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Personally it was the wise mc that attracted me to the game. It gave a Hunchback of Notre Dame vibe to the VN showing not all that is pretty is good and not all that is "different" is bad. It gave the game a little extra depth, I'll stick around and see where he takes it. But a portion of my zeal honestly left with the original mc.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes