Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Some fetishes are too easily able to break the flow of a story. Better for those to be in games dedicated to that theme rather than inserted in something else. Then, the focus can be on the fetish. Also, it'll avoid the usual war between those who want NTR in nearly everything, and those who think it doesn't belong in it.

But that's wishful thinking. We all know that'll never happen and people will keep being demanding little bitches, one way or the other.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
lol, I would have to be really out of touch with reality to think that adding NTR would get me a few more patrons. I wanted to add it because I enjoy it when it's "done right", but doing it right in Elvensang would be far too time-consuming.

As for what Decathect said, not every element of what I originally envisioned is always harmonious with my "artistic vision" as a whole. Elvensang is an amateurish attempt at ASOIAF/Witcher scale storytelling with a self-indulgent frequency of erotic and sexual themes; I don't want the narrative to constantly sidetrack to build up towards NTR and then again to deal with its aftermath - but for everything to remain sensible, I would have no other choice. As compelling as it might potentially be in a story, it would demand a lot of time for very little in return - and detract from what I actually want to focus on.
I don't think it will be a problem if NTR content would be added as long as it's avoidable, this way everyone can enjoy the game without complaining.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I don't think it will be a problem if NTR content would be added as long as it's avoidable, this way everyone can enjoy the game without complaining.
Having even a hint of NTR, even if it's 100% avoidable, is always a problem generating much complaining with a large, vocal group here. Even if they don't actually play the game, it seems...

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I wonder what sort of foods our MCs eat.

We have seen Anasteya gardening- but is she gardening herbs and veggies in addition to all the materials she uses for alchemy?

Doriel is a hunter so they are probably eating meat (though they could just be selling it as well)- but what sort of critters live in the woods- are they analogues to our real world animals or are they more exotic fantasy creatures.

Finally, does Elven anatomy require a similar caloric load / nutriment. They are not humans after all- though most media treats them as more or less similar.

Bottom line- what is this eleven cuisine like :p

(#Things I mull over since I already mulled over the other plot points to death)

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
so game finally have sex ?
It already has it in the form of one Voyeuristic scene.

If you mean b/t the protagonist and other characters I believe the next release will have some hot content. Worlaix said he was pretty much finished writing the next release- so it is a matter of him creating all his art assets.

Throw him some Patreon bucks and you can read all about the progress yourself!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutonat

Kal L

Jul 9, 2018
lol, I would have to be really out of touch with reality to think that adding NTR would get me a few more patrons. I wanted to add it because I enjoy it when it's "done right", but doing it right in Elvensang would be far too time-consuming.

As for what Decathect said, not every element of what I originally envisioned is always harmonious with my "artistic vision" as a whole. Elvensang is an amateurish attempt at ASOIAF/Witcher scale storytelling with a self-indulgent frequency of erotic and sexual themes; I don't want the narrative to constantly sidetrack to build up towards NTR and then again to deal with its aftermath - but for everything to remain sensible, I would have no other choice. As compelling as it might potentially be in a story, it would demand a lot of time for very little in return - and detract from what I actually want to focus on.
This is too bad, there are those of us who enjoy the potential beautiful art and amazing storytelling can do with an NTR sequence. This would have put this game over the top, but if it is too much then I personally wouldnt back it as I tend to only back things with at least some NTR, and hugely support those who lean full in. But to each their own.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Speaking of food diet, it's nice to see Worlaix didn't fall into the trap of "just following the cliché and saying elves are vegetarian because elves like nature". Using the basis that elves have to be parangons of nature's protection and wouldn't dare to hurt an animal no matter what is such an overdone idea it's getting really boring.

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
Speaking of food diet, it's nice to see Worlaix didn't fall into the trap of "just following the cliché and saying elves are vegetarian because elves like nature". Using the basis that elves have to be parangons of nature's protection and wouldn't dare to hurt an animal no matter what is such an overdone idea it's getting really boring.
Except that animals killing and eating other animals is a large part of nature so the eating of meat is only a natural thing after all, showing that stereotype was flawed from the start.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
But that's wishful thinking. We all know that'll never happen and people will keep being demanding little bitches, one way or the other.
Having even a hint of NTR, even if it's 100% avoidable, is always a problem generating much complaining with a large, vocal group here. Even if they don't actually play the game, it seems...
I think that particular argument isn't helped by the fact that NTR can be a nebulous term on this site, and a lot of the people arguing barely mean the same thing when they say a game "has NTR" or "doesn't have NTR".

Plus, a lack of distinction between "avoidable NTR", "skippable NTR", and "inevitable NTR" blurs things even more and pretty much guarantees that any game that gets the tag is going to devolve into a mess of back and forth complaining.

Not to mention the different perspectives of the sort of player who tries to put themselves in the shoes of a main character versus someone who plays the main character like a completely different person in a story.

sdna1

Oct 1, 2021
I think that particular argument isn't helped by the fact that NTR can be a nebulous term on this site, and a lot of the people arguing barely mean the same thing when they say a game "has NTR" or "doesn't have NTR".

Plus, a lack of distinction between "avoidable NTR", "skippable NTR", and "inevitable NTR" blurs things even more and pretty much guarantees that any game that gets the tag is going to devolve into a mess of back and forth complaining.

Not to mention the different perspectives of the sort of player who tries to put themselves in the shoes of a main character versus someone who plays the main character like a completely different person in a story.
i dont demand anything for example for this dev, but if i see any kind of NTR next thing is my unsupporting him :)

aribba32

Dec 6, 2021
I've been watching this thread, and I'm wondering if y'all would recommend playing right now or waiting for the next release as it seems to be fairly soon?

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
I've been watching this thread, and I'm wondering if y'all would recommend playing right now or waiting for the next release as it seems to be fairly soon?

I would be careful with "fairly soon" as it probably still means somewhere in the 1-3 month range but do with that information what you will. The current build has 4-6 hours of content depending on if you replay to see different routes or not and new builds will increase that exponentially.

Reactions: aribba32

sdna1

Oct 1, 2021
definitely play it have huge of content (mostly textbased, but still deep) with future content only dev know what he will do or is doing right now

Reactions: aribba32

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Depends mostly of the type of player you are.
Are you the type that can't wait for new content, get impatient or possibly forget about a game if it doesn't get frequent updates ? Then yes, probable pin the page somewhere and wait.
Or are you the type to keep an eye out for games, to enjoy what ccontent is there, possibly like to think and theorize about the hints dropped here and there ? Then go for it.

While not complete, the game has enough content to let you immerse in the world. Worlaix actually does a wonderful job at it. Unlike a lot of other games that dumps you half an hours of exposition and lore for you to memorize immediatly, with Elvensang, you know and learn what the protags knows and learns, as the game goes. So any exposition feels pretty natural, actually.
That said, I can understand getting antsy about "zoinks, what's gonna happen next !", but unless you're absolutely impatiente about everything, I'd say that's the mark of a good story.

4.50 star(s) 72 Votes