grohotor

May 15, 2020
Worlaix not exactly a bug report but after the first reading lesson with Becky there is a description of the scouting trip while it holds on the image of her. Consider reusing some images so it at least vaguely matches the description, even just changing to 1 image of generic woods or road would help.

Last edited:

Worlaix

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2018
Worlaix not exactly a bug report but after the first reading lesson with Becky there is a description of the scouting trip while the image holds on the image of her. Consider reusing some images so it at least vaguely matches the description, even just changing to 1 image of generic woods or road would help.
Oh yeah, that is a good catch. I'll use some Artbreeder background to make it more fitting. Thanks!

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Thinking back on this update one thing that I hope changes, that it seems like it is headed in that direction, is that Sunny develops some confidence/sense of control. I love the burgeoning relationship between her and MC but the MC is still too much her savior.

I feel like something needs to happen where the MC is wounded/poisoned and the mother isn't around and it forces Sunny to develop her healing tonic she's been working on to save him so that their relationship can move forward as equals rather than this kind of lingering feeling I have right now of " well of course she loves him he rescued her as an orphan and saved her life". Especially since this "its okay if you like the barmaid....and the blacksmith.... and my only other friend" is clearly coming from a lack of self confidence rather than true love/confidence in their relationship being able to persist through the MC have a few trysts.

The story clearly has a lot of room to grow so I have no doubt therre is still a lot of character growth left for Sunny/MC but I would prefer it happen before they fully consummate their relationship.

The game does a lot of things really well especially capturing the excitement of exploring ones first relationship that is often absent in other stories because almost all male MC's on this site are huge whores :p

Unknown_Beta

Nov 12, 2020
Quick question fellas, does this game have incest content in it or just teasing? Just wondering if I'll be blue balled.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Anasteya is The Forgotten Queen, right?

Or at least related to her (an apprentice, a daughter…) :unsure:

I mean the clues are all there, her hiding her past, using magic (Alchemy) and it’s too much of a coincidence that the demon appeared to “help” right after Sunny rushed to warn her, and by Amaya description, that is a characteristic ability of the queen.

BTW being called “little prince” also gives contributes to the theory :ROFLMAO:

Also... I have to say I’m liked the lore references/inspirations, although I can’t assume they are on purposed :ROFLMAO:, many of them are from things that I enjoy, like:

Tevinter Magi Empire (Dragon’s Age) on Nyssian Empire and its destruction Númenor style (Tolkien), although it can be compared with Sundering (WoW) too

High Elf Queen Azshara pact with demons (WoW) on Ael’Vanwa Tári

Draes Nythara having Dalish (DA) and Scoia'tael (Witcher) characteristics

Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
Anasteya is The Forgotten Queen, right?

Or at least related to her (an apprentice, a daughter…) :unsure:

I mean the clues are all there, her hiding her past, using magic (Alchemy) and it’s too much of a coincidence that the demon appeared to “help” right after Sunny rushed to warn her, and by Amaya description, that is a characteristic ability of the queen.

BTW being called “little prince” also gives contributes to the theory :ROFLMAO:

Also... I have to say I’m liked the lore references/inspirations, although I can’t assume they are on purposed :ROFLMAO:, many of them are from things that I enjoy, like:

Tevinter Magi Empire (Dragon’s Age) on Nyssian Empire and its destruction Númenor style (Tolkien), although it can be compared with Sundering (WoW) too

High Elf Queen Azshara pact with demons (WoW) on Ael’Vanwa Tári

Draes Nythara having Dalish (DA) and Scoia'tael (Witcher) characteristics
Also, right after the MC's encounter with the mirror and agonizing on the floor while (I believe) the amulet was fighting that 'curse', he goes home and she looks absolutely fucked up.

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
I like that this game illustrates non erotic scenes, like Sunny working on potions and the guards drinking in the tavern.
I know it takes a lot more work but it's a nice surprise rather than just using dialogue sprites for everything.
The lighting for the elven ruins was great!

Also I understand why people don't like elves. I'm only loyal to Trenespur when there's no possible way I could betray him to get closer to a possible love interest ... which means I betray him all the time. :LOL:

Although I did try a path where I'm loyal to him, and there are some small changes worth checking out.

I still feel bad for Sunny though. I feel like her story isn't really that she's ok with the MC philandering, but that she's just too beaten down to expect better. But I replayed from the beginning, and she's doing a lot better than she was, so hopefully that will continue.

Reactions: Worlaix

Hybris9

Dec 26, 2019
Also, right after the MC's encounter with the mirror and agonizing on the floor while (I believe) the amulet was fighting that 'curse', he goes home and she looks absolutely fucked up.
Yeah, the old woman could be Anasteya under an illusion. She has also convinced Doriel (theMC) to keep wearing the medallion.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Oh yeah i though about writing that too, but I ended up forgetting :ROFLMAO:
That could be since it's established here that using magic is like using a muscle and she's not used to do that kind of magic anymore, so she could be a little rusty and overstretched herself.

A thing about MC that i forgot to mention too, There's a high chance that he's a half-elf. His mother's love for a human could be the reason she joined them on the rebellion and being half human could give him a more "neutral" instance on the elf/human conflict
(The downside is, idk how it works is this universe, but half-elves tends to live WAY LESS then "pure" elfs)

Are elves supposed to be massive in this game? Anasteya's sprite makes Jorun look short
Well, she's probably a HIGH elf, that would make sense since they are taller than humans :confused:

Hybris9

Dec 26, 2019
Thinking back on this update one thing that I hope changes, that it seems like it is headed in that direction, is that Sunny develops some confidence/sense of control. I love the burgeoning relationship between her and MC but the MC is still too much her savior.

I feel like something needs to happen where the MC is wounded/poisoned and the mother isn't around and it forces Sunny to develop her healing tonic she's been working on to save him so that their relationship can move forward as equals rather than this kind of lingering feeling I have right now of " well of course she loves him he rescued her as an orphan and saved her life". Especially since this "its okay if you like the barmaid....and the blacksmith.... and my only other friend" is clearly coming from a lack of self confidence rather than true love/confidence in their relationship being able to persist through the MC have a few trysts.
That would be a little tropey and unnecessary; why would she need something like that to gain confidence? It seems to me that her arc is more about overcoming her sense of inferiority and need to validate herself in front of Anasteya and Doriel, something that is about to be resolved: she was desperately trying to learn Alchemy to be accepted by the family while not realizing that she already was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Her obtaining confidence through the "utility" she could bring with magic would somewhat cheapen that.
I don't know how influent in her out look this is but there is also to consider that Becky, the blacksmith lady and Thrisha are all mortal humans; I if you were seriously pursuing an elf (like Amaya, although that would be somewhat strange since she said him she see him like a kid) she may act differently.

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
That would be a little tropey and unnecessary; why would she need something like that to gain confidence?
Tropes are tropes for a reason - they are effective.

Everything she has right now has been given to her by MC/Mom. Even if she is already loved and accepted by them she needs to accomplish something on her own which is the moms point when she says she won't help her. And the utility of magic in the scenario I mentioned doesn't cheapen it because it shifts her goal for magic from external validation from the family (which she doesn't need) to internal validation (because what higher calling is there than to seek power to protect the ones you love - just like what MC is doing with becoming a retainer).

I guess what I'm trying to say is I 100% agree with you. Her arc of realizing she doesn't need alchemy to prove herself to MC/mom is about to end or nearly already has but she is still going to need to prove herself to herself and I think her doing that via alchemy rather than some new plot line is the easiest/ most effective way.

Hell it could be a similair scenario where a peasant knocks on the door looking for the mom and only Sunny is home and she saves them and she never tells the mom/MC but she still knows shes good enough.

If you look at it like the maslows hierarchy of needs - MC saved her taking care of physiologic and safety needs, She is now struggling with love and belongingness and is trying to prove she belongs via alchemy (but she already belongs), and once she realizes she already belongs alchemy will instead help her to solve the next ladder self-esteem (via one of the scenarios mentioned) and then finally put her onto her path to self-actualization.

Reactions: monk_56

Hybris9

Dec 26, 2019
I understand what you are saying; learning magic on her own could help her with self-validation. I'm just dubious If she can achieve that in a short time span without making it feel contrive.

And come on, tropes have their own place but if she manages to make a potion in the spur of the moment to save the mc it would be just too corny :LOL:!

PS: Re-reading the scene before reporting to the eldoman I notice that she is already more confident.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
I still feel bad for Sunny though. I feel like her story isn't really that she's ok with the MC philandering, but that she's just too beaten down to expect better. But I replayed from the beginning, and she's doing a lot better than she was, so hopefully that will continue.
I actually quite like this aspect. Its a source of conflict and drama that they have to overcome. Her allowing cheating out of a fear of abandonment is in line with her character and its usually how it works irl.

I dont think the dev should change her character too drastically. A bit more confident, more competent sure but shes the type of person that does what shes told and leaves the difficult decisions to others.

Reactions: Perfect S
4.50 star(s) 72 Votes