JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Just playing the new updated and was wondering if someone got a different scene when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
YES!!! I need more of that elven Milf incest content!!! Also very excited to see what becomes of our choice to give the letter to the town lord or trisha. I'm still kinda surprised that jonah was fine after we tried to steal or firgure out what the knights were carrying though.

Reactions: combige
Nov 10, 2017
I don't remember how, but back then there were factors that made the mc more aggressive or submissive right?

on the submissive route I never noticed before that the bandit's eyes goes dead as he's about to swing down with the seax.

also in part 4 nice choice of music for the dev on the cliffhanger, very foreboding

Worlaix

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2018
I don't remember how, but back then there were factors that made the mc more aggressive or submissive right?

on the submissive route I never noticed before that the bandit's eyes goes dead as he's about to swing down with the seax.

also in part 4 nice choice of music for the dev on the cliffhanger, very foreboding
I wouldn't call it aggressive or submissive, it's more... aggressive and violent vs. charming and persuasive/manipulative. I will need to revisit how that's implemented so I can make it properly relevant in future episodes, but the basic idea is whether the protagonist is more likely to resort to solving things with his fists or with words. It's basic, but it can add some neat nuance I think.

And cheers! A lot of the music was composed by aekseer specifically for those scenes.

Nov 10, 2017
the basic idea is whether the protagonist is more likely to resort to solving things with his fists or with words. It's basic, but it can add some neat nuance I think.
cool, it's gonna be different from the standard "aggressive and submissive" thing that I mistook and more or less see from other VN games, no offense to them really. it's just that sometimes I just wanted to play the loud but meek dude or silent but punchy dude and your writing does that.

Reactions: Worlaix

Worlaix

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2018
I'm not sure how opaque the dev wants the choices to be, but I tried a path where I was loyal (so I got the conversation with the people in the tavern) but I didn't realize I still missed out on an opportunity there because I hadn't been diplomatic enough.

Some games show grayed out options to provide clues that there is other content to see. Or maybe communicate more clearly that that there are several main combinations of loyal/disloyal, and violent/diplomatic.

I mean it's fine the way it is, just something to consider in helping players find content.
That's a good point, though I'd prefer to make something like that more apparent through the narration itself - I've only done it really once afaik, by mentioning that the MC "doesn't have a bond of friendship or the ability to fake it" in a convo with a certain character.

The choice you are mentioning is like a persuade check; if your charm is high enough, you manage to convince the Briar Boys that you are actually a faithful, otherwise it goes a different route - so it's not a missing dialogue option per se.

But we'll see, I'll give it some more thought!

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Read the description about this, thought it sounded good. So I DL'd it. So far pretty good. The MC and Sunny are currently at the Spring Market. Good story telling. Not much lewdness right now. Kind of a missed opportunity when the MC was hurt, sleeping with his mom. When she changed, could have had a lewd scene with her in her under-ware or something. But you don't really notice much missing because the story is so thrilling. Hope it keeps going like it is. I'm hooked.

Reactions: Worlaix

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Another great episode. The story is getting even more interesting. I liked the sensual foot-rubbing scene with Trisha (and the suggestion that she could be the MC's mistress) and ofc the scene where Sunny gives the MC a handjob near the end, but I think my favorite parts were if the MC refuses to reveal Gaspare's treachery out of friendship with Trisha, the scene where the MC almost dies trying to look in Ardhal's chest, and the final annihilation of all of Ardhal's retinue (other than Jonah ofc).

I love the embedded ASCII drawing the dev uses in script files. That's super old-school and I love it.
Code:
#   __________________________________________________________________
#  /_________________________________________________________________/|\
#  l                                                                 || \
#  l   ,-,__.              #            #                  #         ||
#  l  { / ,__\                                                       ||
#  l { `}'- -/    #               #             #                  # ||
#  l {`}'\ o/                                                        ||
#  l  U__J  L__   hey cutie                                          ||
#  l .'   `' ._`.                                                    ||
#  l/ /; o )  o) \        #                #                 #       ||
#  / / \`~' `;'} :                                                   ||
# : {   )    (/ /                     #                 #            ||
#  \ \ /   .  )/                                                     ||
#  l\ Y      l/                #                 #              #    ||
#  l Y    \#/ \                                                      ||
#  l {     \  | .....................................................||..
#  l  \     \ |                                                      ||
#  l   `.    \;                                                      ||
#  l     `.   \                                                      ||
#  l       |)  :                                                     ||
# .l......./  /......................................................|'..
#          : /
#         / /{
#        / /_`-,
#       (_ \_~^^
#         `~~

cottor

Apr 1, 2019
I must say, the story really has me captivated! I really enjoy the world building and the characters. It is a slow burn, granted, but I am heavily invested in the story. It has a lot of potential, and has not disappointed me so far!

Good job dev for creating this beautiful story. I hope you succeed in maintaining the quality or perhaps even taking it to new heights

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Btw, was the POV shifts (along with the 2nd person to third person narration shift) we see in this update always there? It's been a while, so I can't quite remember if we had scenes that strayed from the MC's POV before.

I personally liked it, but I wonder if it might seem sudden if someone is playing from the beginning?

That said, I can't really imagine any fantasy story being told entirely in 2nd person. It would be so limiting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
4.50 star(s) 72 Votes