Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
I'm seeing nothing but cult-like behavior in the last pages.
Please spend less time filling the thread with pointless arguing and maybe use your time to try to contact Worlaix and convince him into updating his Patreon page so this thread doesn't get marked as Abandoned... again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerre_22

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I'm seeing nothing but cult-luke behavior in the last pages.
Please spend less time filling the thread with pointless arguing and maybe use your time to try to contact Worlaix and convince him into updating his Patreon page so this thread doesn't get marked as Abandoned... again.
He said there will be a progress report at some point, on the discord

Reactions: redsling

zero1234

Jun 16, 2017
I'm seeing nothing but cult-luke behavior in the last pages.
Why would he even care if some forum marks his game as abandoned?

Reactions: Didyoupraytoday?

Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
Why would he even care if some forum marks his game as abandoned?
I can't answer this question for him. But what I can say is that the lack of information on updates does affect this thread: Some users ask or say the game is abandoned, other users react to it, and this is how we end up with multiple pages of nothing. If it gets the abandoned tag, there will be even more of this.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I can't answer this question for him. But what I can say is that the lack of information on updates does affect this thread: Some users ask or say the game is abandoned, other users react to it, and this is how we end up with multiple pages of nothing. If it gets the abandoned tag, there will be even more of this.
Yeah, but considering the dev doesn't even have an account on this forum they probably literally couldn't care less.

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
convince him into updating his Patreon page so this thread doesn't get marked as Abandoned... again.
Seems like it just happened (again). Which is a shame since I liked this game. Now, I know most people here will just brush it off and keep lying to themselves that this game is getting finished one day. Maybe the dev himself doesn't care at all about this tag, but even if that's the case, that just counts a lot against him and his game. Leaving fans in the dark is never the correct approach.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
I'm genuinely curious, unless you are paying him to make the game, why do you care about whether people think it's actually abandoned or not?
Myself I cant' afford to back these games but I can cough up some money for a completed title so if the game is good myself I want it to be finished.

Just my 2 cents.... does'nt help the Dev with development but it does (I think) at least give them some incentive to finish.

Reactions: Perfect S and ffive

Kerre_22

Nov 21, 2023
I don't quite understand what's going on. Why did you decide that the game was abandoned?
The last update was released in January of this year. After that, there was a break. But at the same time, if you look at the discord, the developer's posts were in the spring, or more precisely - from May 26. This means that there has been no news about the state of the game for the last 3 months.
Sorry, but it seems to me that it is extremely hasty to say that the game is simply ABANDONED. And I would like to understand why you decided that it was abandoned? A person can also have problems in his personal life, and if the game is made by one person, then such a state of affairs seems quite natural.

Reactions: Didyoupraytoday?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Sorry, but it seems to me that it is extremely hasty to say that the game is simply ABANDONED.
IIRC the tag is added if there's no activity from the author on their project page(s) for such period, or if the game didn't receive any update for 2 years, no matter if the author is active on their project page or not. The tag is removed if there's a change.

Kerre_22

Nov 21, 2023
IIRC the tag is added if there's no activity from the author on their project page(s) for such period, or if the game didn't receive any update for 2 years, no matter if the author is active on their project page or not. The tag is removed if there's a change.
Honestly, this is the first time I've seen such a tag used.
And how long does it take for there to be no messages from the author? Because, again, there has been no news for 3 months. Not such a long period.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Honestly, this is the first time I've seen such a tag used.
And how long does it take for there to be no messages from the author? Because, again, there has been no news for 3 months. Not such a long period.
Summertime Saga has not so long ago received the tag for not having any update for... either 2 years or 18 months, i can't remember exactly now, tbh. The tag is now gone because it was updated afterwards. For author's inactivity i think it's 3 months, which is why you're seeing the tag here. It is pretty long period for someone not to provide even a single sentence to their backers, so as an indicator it seems quite fair.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
I'm genuinely curious, unless you are paying him to make the game, why do you care about whether people think it's actually abandoned or not?
There's probably a decent chunk of people who would be willing to pay, but are not going to pay in perpetuity for a game that will probably never be finished. As much as I enjoyed this one, this does seem like one of the ones that will be fully abandoned before the plot really takes off. Or if it is eventually completed, it'll be after many of us are already dead

drgripper

Dec 7, 2018
There's probably a decent chunk of people who would be willing to pay, but are not going to pay in perpetuity for a game that will probably never be finished. As much as I enjoyed this one, this does seem like one of the ones that will be fully abandoned before the plot really takes off. Or if it is eventually completed, it'll be after many of us are already dead
i really hope it doesn't get abandoned in the future, the story is easily better than all the games i've played from this site

4.50 star(s) 75 Votes