quandin

Feb 9, 2021
There's plenty of that and it's not going away anywhere, given the AI has no concept whatsoever of what it produces. So you're always going to get images where the bits put together just don't quite align with the reality that the AI isn't aware of. Just like it'll happily string together sentences completely detached from not even facts, but sense.
Have you seen recent AI? Even if you see some impurities, like the finger problem, it is not for long. A couple of years ago, it was an abomination, but now it can fool the general population. The rate at which it's getting better hasn't slowed down, and it's still receiving heavy investment from every major company. The idea that it’s not going anywhere is just foolish by now.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Have you seen recent AI?
I use recent AI. Wrong proportions, wrong anatomy, "just wrong" is still a common occurrence. As are things hilariously falling apart with more than one subject or additional props.

The rate at which it's getting better hasn't slowed down, and it's still receiving heavy investment from every major company. The idea that it’s not going anywhere is just foolish by now.
The "heavy investment" is getting very tenuous with AI development companies asking to burn literal billions per year without showing any signs of getting profitable, anytime soon. They're also running out of training material to improve the models further, so the rate at which it's getting better is also in jeopardy. It's not a coincidence some of the top management of these companies is starting to jump ships. The bubble always gets the biggest right before it bursts.

It's not going to just disappear, obv., but whether it'll become something more than another aborted attempt at making "next big thing" is an open question at this stage. History is littered with those.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I use recent AI. Wrong proportions, wrong anatomy, "just wrong" is still a common occurrence. As are things hilariously falling apart with more than one subject or additional props.

The "heavy investment" is getting very tenuous with AI development companies asking to burn literal billions per year without showing any signs of getting profitable, anytime soon. They're also running out of training material to improve the models further, so the rate at which it's getting better is also in jeopardy. It's not a coincidence some of the top management of these companies is starting to jump ships. The bubble always gets the biggest right before it bursts.

It's not going to just disappear, obv., but whether it'll become something more than another aborted attempt at making "next big thing" is an open question at this stage. History is littered with those.
you cant compare the failures of the past to the technological advancements of today, this isn't a technology without a future, right now ai has already replaced many jobs, it goes without saying that it too will one day replace artists

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
you cant compare the failures of the past to the technological advancements of today, this isn't a technology without a future, right now ai has already replaced many jobs, it goes without saying that it too will one day replace artists
I honestly don't think so. For one, every AI I've seen has, as the other guy said, the wrong proportions. Look at the recent one of Ronda Rousey. The one where shes supposedly by a pool. Not only is her hand messed up like AI tends to do, but it gave her about two sizes to her chest that she doesn't have. And the skin is too smooth. It is, to me, pretty easy to tell a fake AI from a real life photo. And, with all the push-back happening against AI already, I don't see it being a mainstay. At least in art and stuff like that. As far as AI doing tech support, that has been around for a while. You message Walmart.com or Amazon.com with a problem, you get an AI assistant until it can't help, then it sends you to a real person.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
right now ai has already replaced many jobs
Really? What jobs do you think have been replaced by AI? Mind you, an actual AI -- not assembly robots in a factory, not "algorithms" picking the slop for your social media page. But honest-to-god artificial intelligence.

Reactions: @LonelyWolf

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I honestly don't think so. For one, every AI I've seen has, as the other guy said, the wrong proportions. Look at the recent one of Ronda Rousey. The one where shes supposedly by a pool. Not only is her hand messed up like AI tends to do, but it gave her about two sizes to her chest that she doesn't have. And the skin is too smooth. It is, to me, pretty easy to tell a fake AI from a real life photo. And, with all the push-back happening against AI already, I don't see it being a mainstay. At least in art and stuff like that. As far as AI doing tech support, that has been around for a while. You message Walmart.com or Amazon.com with a problem, you get an AI assistant until it can't help, then it sends you to a real person.
You're going to have to send the picture because finding it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The pushback against AI is mainly from Twitter artists who are scared of losing their jobs, which, to be honest, I'm not too concerned about. No one cares about AI unless it directly threatens their job. AI has become an integral part of everyday life, and honestly, very few people care about how it got here as long as it works. At its current trajectory, AI will reach its goals soon. For example, this picture is fake, this person does not exist.
GUmL9YjXAAAyS5V.jpeg

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Last i've checked all of these were, at best, assisted by AI and humans are still hired for these jobs. I think we should keep in mind the distinctions between claims made by companies which develop AI and whose best interest is in hyping these up, and the everyday reality which is often nothing like those PR puff pieces.

Reactions: @LonelyWolf

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Well, I've seen some AI picks of celebrities and the hands are still messed up. So that's why I say this.
There are a lot of AI engines with different style (only some free AI-gen have problems with hands), anyway AI art - are trash.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
Last i've checked all of these were, at best, assisted by AI and humans are still hired for these jobs. I think we should keep in mind the distinctions between claims made by companies which develop AI and whose best interest is in hyping these up, and the everyday reality which is often nothing like those PR puff pieces.
You forget that it's still not a technology that has received heavy investments for very long. It’s true that they require assistance, but until when? For the next 5 years? 10? Either way, the long-term value of AI is far too significant to be considered a 'failed experiment' and discarded forever.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
You're going to have to send the picture because finding it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The pushback against AI is mainly from Twitter artists who are scared of losing their jobs, which, to be honest, I'm not too concerned about. No one cares about AI unless it directly threatens their job. AI has become an integral part of everyday life, and honestly, very few people care about how it got here as long as it works. At its current trajectory, AI will reach its goals soon. For example, this picture is fake, this person does not exist.
View attachment 3920528
I saw the pic I mentioned on Facebook. It had an older pic of her in real life, with an AI one beside her. And, your photo is case-in-point. I could tell it was fake right off. For one, to me, the fingers on the "girls" right hand don't look quite right to me. They look a little too slender. And the skin is too smooth. There's no blemishes. Plus, look at the lanyard on "her". That is messed up as well.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
And, your photo is case-in-point. I could tell it was fake right off. For one, to me, the fingers on the "girls" right hand don't look quite right to me. They look a little too slender. And the skin is too smooth. There's no blemishes. Plus, look at the lanyard on "her". That is messed up as well.
I mean, the girl's right pinky literally ends at first knuckle, which is kind of hilarious given it's right after the claims how "AI no longer does such things".

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I mean, the girl's right pinky literally ends at first knuckle, which is kind of hilarious given it's right after the claims how "AI no longer does such things".
I imagined it to be her bending it and not a cut off, either way this cope that ai will stay the same is just wishful thinking and not facts

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I saw the pic I mentioned on Facebook. It had an older pic of her in real life, with an AI one beside her. And, your photo is case-in-point. I could tell it was fake right off. For one, to me, the fingers on the "girls" right hand don't look quite right to me. They look a little too slender. And the skin is too smooth. There's no blemishes. Plus, look at the lanyard on "her". That is messed up as well.
some people have smooth skin tho lol, not everyone's gonna have a blemish or scar

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
some people have smooth skin tho lol, not everyone's gonna have a blemish or scar
Make-up can get rid of many blemishes, true. But everyone has something. Crows feet. Bags under the eyes. Wrinkles. Frown lines. Etc. That pic of the AI girl is too perfect. Nobody is that perfect (minus the seemingly missing digit.)

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
Make-up can get rid of many blemishes, true. But everyone has something. Crows feet. Bags under the eyes. Wrinkles. Frown lines. Etc. That pic of the AI girl is too perfect. Nobody is that perfect (minus the seemingly missing digit.)
tbh I don't know why I'm arguing about AI copying real people, I find it disgusting to begin with, I just like ai helping with 2d art

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
tbh I don't know why I'm arguing about AI copying real people, I find it disgusting to begin with, I just like ai helping with 2d art
I hope you don't think I'm arguing. I'd like to see it as a friendly debate. I can agree with you on the first part of this statement you made. But, honestly, I like it better when someone does it by hand like this Dev as it makes it feel more personal to me. He takes his time to put out a quality, hand-drawn project out for us to enjoy. But, you have your opinion and I have mine. That's what great about the human race. We can come together and enjoy the differences.

• Red Heart
Reactions: quandin

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I hope you don't think I'm arguing. I'd like to see it as a friendly debate. I can agree with you on the first part of this statement you made. But, honestly, I like it better when someone does it by hand like this Dev as it makes it feel more personal to me. He takes his time to put out a quality, hand-drawn project out for us to enjoy. But, you have your opinion and I have mine. That's what great about the human race. We can come together and enjoy the differences.
I see all back and forth talk to sway the other person's thought argumenting friendly banter or not :KEK: , either way the reason i wouldn't mind ai on this is because the game is clearly not the devs main priority, I like elvensang mainly for its story and I'm quite invested in it, if he one day decides "fuck it I can't deal with the drawing" I'd genuinely feel disappointment when ai could've took the workload off.

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
Nah, I haven't seen anything to suggest that it won't be completed. It just will take quite awhile yet.
I'm just being realistic and don't plan on living to 100+ years. The release schedule is simply way too slow since it's just a side passion project. All this time and we are only on EP5, the story did not even get off the ground, all the major plot points seem to be far off into the future. I've seen my fair share of games on this site, and most of them follow a pattern. I'll just say this game is not on a good one.
As for AI, I think I already suggested it to the dev in the past to help speed things along but that did not happen.

4.50 star(s) 74 Votes