RPGM Complete [English Translation] [Patch] SEQUEL blight [1.3.0]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I have a problem with the necklaces... non of them works any ideas?
I assume you are talking about the status resistance necklaces. There are two levels of them and the first one only has a 50% chance of blocking statuses. For example, Damage Guard has a 50% chance of blocking poison, fatigue and deadly poison while Slip Stop completely negates those. You can check the description to confirm this with the A button.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Too loli for this site.
lol and shortly after my question both of the others are nowhere to be found on here xD rip. i'm glad i got them all before i guess, only just learned of these games. i feel bad towards those like myself that had never herd of them before, and probably wont now since they are no longer in the feed and don't actively search other places

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
lol and shortly after my question both of the others are nowhere to be found on here xD rip. i'm glad i got them all before i guess, only just learned of these games. i feel bad towards those like myself that had never herd of them before, and probably wont now since they are no longer in the feed and don't actively search other places
Wait really? Holy shit.

Sep 27, 2020
I tried to change the filenames the first time I realized what was going on, but it doesn't work. The text display function uses the sprite filename as one of the arguments, so changing the file name makes it throw an error. Of course, it's possible to edit the code in the RPGMaker editor so the argument is "Rabi" instead of "ラビィ", but that takes as much effort as using \NAME[]. Additionally, it would mean doing the translation in the RPGMaker editor, which is not a good idea for multiple reasons like the cumbersome UI, bad search options, poor version control, and incompatibility with possible (but unlikely) future patches to the game.

Considering that there's 429 different maps in the game, I'd be using Translator++ instead of the editor just for the search function if nothing else.

And as much as I hate it, Translator++ is the best software for translating RPGMaker games that I could find. The search works, I can easily go from one file to another, building patches is easy, and the Japanese lines are clearly laid out next to the input fields for English. It's just that it lacks a few features that would be *really* useful, like character count, and has a few awful bugs. And the developer seems to be more interested in adding support for more online translation services, instead of making fundamental improvements to the program. Oh well.

Why RPGMaker Trans doesn't patch the event descriptions is a mystery to me. They're laid out in an array like this:
Code:
SUBEVENT_TITLES = {

101 => ["001:ハートを求めて",
"\\C[1]イベント発生場所\\C[0]
中心街ヘイヴェン・ラビィ

\\C[1]詳細\\C[0]
ラビィはハート石というものを探しているらしい。
それを見つけるべく、ベーレテリア大平原を探索しよう。",
"\\C[1]イベント発生場所\\C[0]
中心街ヘイヴェン・ラビィ

\\C[1]詳細\\C[0]
イベント達成!"],

102 => ["002:冒険者の需要",
"\\C[1]イベント発生場所\\C[0]
中心街ヘイヴェン・ウーラ

\\C[1]詳細\\C[0]
ウーラに一つ仕事を頼まれた。
ヘイヴェンの宿の冒険者にある質問をするというものだ。
何人かに話を聞いたら、その結果をウーラに報告しよう。",
"\\C[1]イベント発生場所\\C[0]
中心街ヘイヴェン・ウーラ

\\C[1]詳細\\C[0]
イベント達成!"],
going on for dozens of events. RPGMaker Trans patches the event names correctly, (here 001:ハートを求めて and 002:冒険者の需要) but cannot figure out how to do it for the descriptions. In the Scripts.txt translation file produced by it, the corresponding entries for the descriptions just say "> CONTEXT: None < UNUSED". I don't know why this happens. So these ones I'll have to do in the RPGMaker editor. I just don't want to do it again every single time I post a patch.

I agree that the game's great. It's a JRPG that respects your time. No grinding unless you want to, the fast mode for combat is really fast, lots of warp points, no pointless game overs or content locked behind losing battles. The writing can get pretty funny too.
Thank you so much man

CIover

Sep 28, 2019
seems like they are back now no clue weren't showing on feed and searches now they are xD
Wait, Blight isn't here though. I've been a Pirate for years now so i know my way around the sea ^.^. Hints? Japan loves Cats and they make cute sounds. Gonna be tricky but just keep digging.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
Wait, Blight isn't here though. I've been a Pirate for years now so i know my way around the sea ^.^. Hints? Japan loves Cats and they make cute sounds. Gonna be tricky but just keep digging.
We were talking about Colony. If you want Blight you had to go to the usual place *wink*.

sub-par

Jan 8, 2018
I feel obliged to perform a token effort of maintaining this thread. . OP is updated, etc etc etc.

This is absolutely the final version of the patch, for real, no jokes this time. Let me be free. It's practically just miscellaneous fixes, but there's a lot of them.

I don't have a changelog but I have some rambling that doesn't fully make sense without my previous posts on ULMF accompanying it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
Stuck at the very beginning - "lets search for the village that is supposed to be there past the flooded cave"
Cant find anything except 2 passes blocked by rocks. Am I missing something?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Stuck at the very beginning - "lets search for the village that is supposed to be there past the flooded cave"
Cant find anything except 2 passes blocked by rocks. Am I missing something?
Just go through the cave, ignore the boulders and you'll find a warp sword with some vines you can climb behind it. You'll come out past the broken bridge in the plains. Village is to the north and cat village is to the west if you have that quest.

Reactions: aklik

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
HELP!! Where can I find event 92?
Event 92 requires the completion of event 91 which in turn requires the completion of events 77, 78. 79. and 80 which are the 4 mana fights. Once you've completed 91, 92 is in plain sight outside the house in Ashvale near Anisa.

da jungler

Jan 8, 2019
Event 92 requires the completion of event 91 which in turn requires the completion of events 77, 78. 79. and 80 which are the 4 mana fights. Once you've completed 91, 92 is in plain sight outside the house in Ashvale near Anisa.
Ahh, ok then. Any tips how to beat alma and nosh then? these two are the only incarnation of mana I havent beaten due to their difficulty

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Have not played the game in a long time but IIRC, Alma is not too bad if you just stack regen like persistent plan, nympho and Heal field and debuffs/buffs like most bosses. Nosh requires a physical damage dealer due to reflect and also moves that deal multiple hits so you can wake her up easily. For multi-hit purposes, there are drill break(has a cooldown) from mechanic, brandish(sword) from queen, arrow rain(bow) and assault pain(dagger) from assassin. Also consider taking the elemental resist shields from valkyrie that counter whichever mana you are fighting, earth and ice for Nosh and water and fire for Alma. Queen has passives to reduce all elemental damage as well and there are physical resist passives from valkyrie for Alma and magic resist passives from nightmare for Nosh. Nosh can inflict coma and stun while Alma can inflict stun and silence.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes