5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Sometime... in the future. Probably.

What would people think if I released the next update (which again, will be very small) with a weird mish-mash of the old style filtered images, and the VaM models above?

Or should I wait until I actually make a decision?
It's up to you entirely really, but maybe I am the only one that was ok with the filtered version.
The problem with the 3D models is that are overused.

SilverMeringue

Mar 6, 2018
Sometime... in the future. Probably.

What would people think if I released the next update (which again, will be very small) with a weird mish-mash of the old style filtered images, and the VaM models above?

Or should I wait until I actually make a decision?
I'd be happy with any sort of release. Like Dysphorika, I had no issue with the glazed-glass images. And I'd agree that the 3D model route is a heavily-used one, while the abstraction of the current style prompts a bit more imagination fill-in, which fits well with the strength of the writing. As long as the images are there to serve the writing, and not the other way around, though, things should be more than satisfactory.

Mar 18, 2020
Soo... not sure if anyone is still following this, but...

I spent an hour or two writing new content, then spent 4 days messing around trying to figure out a new art style. And ended up with this weird, faceless sketch thing. Is this kinda cool and unique? Or is this terrible and creepy, and I should cease it immediately?

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Soo... not sure if anyone is still following this, but...

I spent an hour or two writing new content, then spent 4 days messing around trying to figure out a new art style. And ended up with this weird, faceless sketch thing. Is this kinda cool and unique? Or is this terrible and creepy, and I should cease it immediately?
Not my thing (maybe with some kind of filter?) but I advice you to use what is more comfortable for you.

KayDraemon

Jun 1, 2017
I was honestly a fan of the pixelated real pics you used first, but as long as you focus mostly on your writing, the quality of the images shouldn't matter to much. They are there to assist the imagination mostly in this case. So, as Dys said, do what you're comfortable with.

Mar 18, 2020
Pretty much. I thought I was going to have some time to properly focus on it a few months back, then the universe intervened again.

And whenever I do get inspired, I end up focusing on the reworking the 'art' again. If someone wants to take that part off my hands, it would really move things along. ;)

• Sad
Reactions: Dysphorika

adoltin

Oct 22, 2021
Pretty much. I thought I was going to have some time to properly focus on it a few months back, then the universe intervened again.

And whenever I do get inspired, I end up focusing on the reworking the 'art' again. If someone wants to take that part off my hands, it would really move things along. ;)
Have you considered abandoning the art aspect altogether? This hits on so many of my kinks with just what's here right now and I would love to see more.

Reactions: GuySavage
Mar 18, 2020
Maybe. I started looking at it again a couple of weeks ago, and I just ended up playing with the art again. I initially intended to have no art, but it looked so completely bland. Though maybe with the background images it wouldn't be so bad.

Also, I've now been procrastinating on this for over a year and a half. That's quite impressive, even by my standards.

adoltin

Oct 22, 2021
Well, if you are able to look past the lack of art and concentrate on the writing aspect, after a few more updates, it might make it easier to find someone interested in contributing an art aspect?

I honestly have no idea, I've certainly never made anything like this before, I'm just a random horny guy on the internet who wants to lose the bet with the sister.

Mar 18, 2020
Oh fuck, I have to write content for the loss as well? I've already written a little for the win side, I don't think I'd even thought about what I'm going to write for the loss.

Wait, never mind, I got something. Carry on.

adoltin

Oct 22, 2021
All I heard was that there might very well be some amount of work being done on a possible update. Maybe.

Sep 14, 2023
Every now and then I think about coming back to it... Then I don't.
If you don't mind, and since you're not working on it anymore, could you tell us about what some of your plans were for the game? Was there going to be some larger plot developing, was there going to be a larger number of characters introduced, was MC going to end up with superpowers ruling the world? Etc.

Reactions: Dysphorika
Mar 18, 2020
I still may come back to it sometime... I think about it a lot. I've wondered about converting it to some other format (like Renpy or something) where I can just focus on the dialogue, as it was all the in-between stuff that was really taking me a long time, especially with all the slight variations I'd inflicted upon myself that no one would even realize are there.

Plus I'm a terrible, terrible visual artist, but I keep forgetting. Every now and then I come up with a new idea for the style, spend a few days playing around with idea, then remember how bad I am at it and give up.

As for plans - I had so many ideas for characters and scenarios, getting to them all was going to be a problem. The overall idea was for a sort of open world with tons of different stories that you could complete, continue or ignore at your own pace. But no grinding or randomly clicking on locations trying to find something to do next, because that annoys me.

The main focus was going to be the random events along the way, but I had an overarching story to explain what was happening in mind - no superpowers for the MC other than everyone wanting to fuck him, but everybody in the city has those powers so I don't think they count. I've actually written a scene for the morning of day 2 that starts to hint at the overall story, if you're interested:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Am I the only one who was fine with how the game looked? I think the art did a fine job of complementing the text, which is all I really need in a Twine game.

To me, the strength of text-based games is that they can give the player a lot more freedom in choices/branching paths or what's happening in the scenes since they don't have to worry about all the extra art required, unfortunately too many of them are poorly written glorified slideshows.

When I play a game like this what I'm looking for is this:

- Good writing, obviously.
- Agency. That's why I'm playing a game and not just reading a story or watching a movie.
- Interesting characters. Too many games, especially text-based, go for quantity over quality. I want characters with actual personalities that I want to get to know and care about, not have a ton of shallow characters with 1 scene each.
- An interesting setting and plot. Not yet another school setting slice of life, I want something more engaging than my own day-to-day life, and no, just adding a ridiculous amount of sex is not enough.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote