malikshabazz

Jul 23, 2017
has it been said what for?
Per his main site, Epoch has been out on bail for some time. But no computer access or working on projects was part of the condition of his release. The charges are still pending, but any guessing as to what they are would be pure speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: eeee

malikshabazz

Jul 23, 2017
Went over to his site, and it turns out he posted a long letter about his current state. It's worth a read, but also, it's not good news. He never overtly says it, but he can't do his CG art even once he's out. Here's the money paragraph:

"Xipomus has mentioned to me repeatedly that email inquiries and comments are piling up with questions about my whereabouts and, more importantly, when I might be returning to the fold and making comics again.

Unfortunately I don’t have answers for you. I wish I did. I want nothing more than to return to my life in comics, writing interesting stories and creating wonderful art for all of you fine people. But I don’t honestly know if/when that will ever happen again.

As most of you are aware, I am in federal prison. I did something stupid that earned me 78 months as a guest of the Bureau of Prisons. I’ve been incarcerated for a little over a year at this point, minus the four months I was out on bail over Christmas and the beginning of this year. I’ve served a total of around 8 months so far, and with good time behavior and a drug and alcohol abuse treatment program, I’ll probably end up serving around 3-4 years here in prison before going to the halfway house and then to home confinement. Hopefully I can go to home confinement right away after I get out but that will depend on a lot of things. When I finally complete my halfway house/home confinement term, that’s when I go into 8 years of supervised release (of which I am required to serve 2/3), which is when the real test of my fortitude will begin."

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
That clears it up. They only do that kind of stuff if he's a either a repeat drug user or he did something really stupid while under the influence. It could be as simple as buying a bunch of drugs and getting caught. Or being high, driving erratically then get pulled over and start arguing with the cops.

malikshabazz

Jul 23, 2017
It's been a while.
Any news about what's going in the world of Epoch Art?
I checked in about a month back. He's still in jail, Xipomus is still pecking away at site maintenance, some re-renders. It's worth noting that Xip was the website/online store guy, and didn't have any rendering/artistic experience. It's only been since Epoch was jailed that he tackled some of it, and the work is strictly part-time outside of IRL work. So there's no real expectation that anything new is coming.

Reactions: Deleted member 8085

BatmanNinja

Apr 12, 2020
I checked in about a month back. He's still in jail, Xipomus is still pecking away at site maintenance, some re-renders. It's worth noting that Xip was the website/online store guy, and didn't have any rendering/artistic experience. It's only been since Epoch was jailed that he tackled some of it, and the work is strictly part-time outside of IRL work. So there's no real expectation that anything new is coming.
Sad emoji(ran out of the limit for using emojis - weird rule made by F95zone admins).
Thanks for the detail reply.I kind of feel sad that we lost a guy with great potential to some crime he committed.I thought he might have come out by now from jail plus i don't know what's the reason behind why he ended up in jail. I hope he ends up getting some leniency for his good behaviour against his crime punishment duration in jail.

ashwani2659

Jul 18, 2017
Sad emoji(ran out of the limit for using emojis - weird rule made by F95zone admins).
Thanks for the detail reply.I kind of feel sad that we lost a guy with great potential to some crime he committed.I thought he might have come out by now from jail plus i don't know what's the reason behind why he ended up in jail. I hope he ends up getting some leniency for his good behaviour against his crime punishment duration in jail.
Anyone knows what crime he committed ?

malikshabazz

Jul 23, 2017
Anyone knows what crime he committed ?
No, and there's not much to base speculation on. Like a commenter mentioned above, it points to something drug related. I just checked the website, and they've deleted the post with Epoch's letter. All we know is that he's now served 2 years, 8 months of a 6 1/2 year sentence, which might get knocked down to 4 with good behavior. So at least another year before release, then halfway house and home confinement.

• Wow
Reactions: BatmanNinja