VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.6.18] [KKChar]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
It's most definitely not 20+ gameplay for chapter 6 alone, and most of chapter 6 is fighting.
C6 Is a 20+ hr game if you actually explore the different paths and try to finish the side/meta quests (storylines that don't appear as quests in the journal). Will also take longer if you do try to maintain a high number of Erland stash in preparation for future Chapters.

Ever since C4, it takes me at least two weeks to finish one chapter just cause I like being comfortable with the quantity of my resources.

If you speed through it, you can probably finish in 10 hrs, but you're gonna be missing a lot.

It is shorter than C4 though. C6 has ~25,000 lines of code, while C4 has ~27,000.

Reactions: Ryostorm

RaulPa

Aug 6, 2023
It's most definitely not 20+ gameplay for chapter 6 alone, and most of chapter 6 is fighting.
Jezz, how are you playing? By day15th I already got everything I need, just have to play until day 11th to get all the drones, the things from Erland you can start storage them since CH3 And have play almost all the routes

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
C6 Is a 20+ hr game if you actually explore the different paths and try to finish the side/meta quests (storylines that don't appear as quests in the journal). Will also take longer if you do try to maintain a high number of Erland stash in preparation for future Chapters.

Ever since C4, it takes me at least two weeks to finish one chapter just cause I like being comfortable with the quantity of my resources.

If you speed through it, you can probably finish in 10 hrs, but you're gonna be missing a lot.

It is shorter than C4 though. C6 has ~25,000 lines of code, while C4 has ~27,000.
I always do every side quest in C6 and, in all of my 12 playthroughs, none of them came close to 20+ hours, I'll give it 6-8 hours top because I usually finished C5 and C6 on the same day, with all of the sidequests and characters' quest, and even got supplies from all of them, and all of the none buggy CG, and maxing the influence with all of factions, every single playthrough. Unless, of course, you meant trying C6 with every single main quest route in one playthrough, then maybe, but I already did all of the main quest route, only in different playthroughs so I can't really count that. It's not like you have to anyway, I only do Hacker when I play Alf Britt or Persuasion when I played Seidr Britt, and trading maps (which I'll admit take longer) with Valkrye (the quickest way is just brute force). But most of the time I spent was on the battle itself.

Granted do, I stop caring about stacking resources once I understand how each "classes" work, Valkrye, just stack valhalla since earlier chapters and in C6 just focusing in processing war supplies in between battles, and Seidr is always the easier, I never had problem with stashing in Erland even with Seidr character because I usually stock enough from C4, you can get a mass amount of compost for valhalla enzyme and a lot of woods in the Valley. So I just breeze through C5 and C6.

I'm about to play Ch6 but what are the bugs? Will I miss out a lot of stuff? Should I hold off until Ch 7 comes out?

This game is really addicting ngl.
Depends, if you play on Henry Poly route and want svend, I say hold off, if you play Erland route at all I say hold off because one Erland Cg and Odger Cg cannot be obtained in this version. That is what I remember on top of my head.

Jezz, how are you playing? By day15th I already got everything I need, just have to play until day 11th to get all the drones, the things from Erland you can start storage them since CH3 And have play almost all the routes
C6 is easy once you understand the mechanics of each class and the resources they need, and because it is the most combat-focused chapter, you'll get an advantage if you stack resources in Erland's stash (mainly valhalla). Always stack valhalla whenever you can. Then I just breeze through everything because the items for one quest you'll get from another quest anyway. It's especially easier than C5 for Valkrye build because processing war supplies are free and you don't need war supplies to do so, so I'll just stack on Valhalla, process war supplies in between, and continue on fighting. Seidr doesn't need power so use all of the wood to get incense and Valhalla serum, and I usually stack enough Potent Huldra essence from earlier chapters where resources to make them much easier. C4 and C5 you're rolling in money, literally. Alf is the hardest because you need power, and it was hard to make power in C6, but once you have enough, like 10-20 power, even less if you have good luck, one battle will enough to get you stacked with power. I think Alf is always the longest for me to take C6 because I got down to around 10 or 9 in the countdown when I managed to finish main quest, not counting the asking for supplies.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
I always do every side quest in C6 and, in all of my 12 playthroughs, none of them came close to 20+ hours, I'll give it 6-8 hours top because I usually finished C5 and C6 on the same day, with all of the sidequests and characters' quest, and even got supplies from all of them, and all of the none buggy CG, and maxing the influence with all of factions, every single playthrough. Unless, of course, you meant trying C6 with every single main quest route in one playthrough, then maybe, but I already did all of the main quest route, only in different playthroughs so I can't really count that. It's not like you have to anyway, I only do Hacker when I play Alf Britt or Persuasion when I played Seidr Britt, and trading maps (which I'll admit take longer) with Valkrye (the quickest way is just brute force). But most of the time I spent was on the battle itself.

Granted do, I stop caring about stacking resources once I understand how each "classes" work, Valkrye, just stack valhalla since earlier chapters and in C6 just focusing in processing war supplies in between battles, and Seidr is always the easier, I never had problem with stashing in Erland even with Seidr character because I usually stock enough from C4, you can get a mass amount of compost for valhalla enzyme and a lot of woods in the Valley. So I just breeze through C5 and C6.

C6 is easy once you understand the mechanics of each class and the resources they need, and because it is the most combat-focused chapter, you'll get an advantage if you stack resources in Erland's stash (mainly valhalla). Always stack valhalla whenever you can. Then I just breeze through everything because the items for one quest you'll get from another quest anyway. It's especially easier than C5 for Valkrye build because processing war supplies are free and you don't need war supplies to do so, so I'll just stack on Valhalla, process war supplies in between, and continue on fighting. Seidr doesn't need power so use all of the wood to get incense and Valhalla serum, and I usually stack enough Potent Huldra essence from earlier chapters where resources to make them much easier. C4 and C5 you're rolling in money, literally. Alf is the hardest because you need power, and it was hard to make power in C6, but once you have enough, like 10-20 power, even less if you have good luck, one battle will enough to get you stacked with power. I think Alf is always the longest for me to take C6 because I got down to around 10 or 9 in the countdown when I managed to finish main quest, not counting the asking for supplies.
How are you with rations? That's usually what takes me a lot of time cus I have to balance making those with making boosters as a Seidr.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
Oh I do finish the quests early, I just spend the extra time maxing my rep with each sector (even with Exiles) + making rations and boosters. By the time C6 comes I almost deplete my stash from C3 cause of how combat-heavy C6 is.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
How are you with rations? That's usually what takes me a lot of time cus I have to balance making those with making boosters as a Seidr.
For C6? As a Seidr, I usually stocked myself tons of serums from Chapter 3, save scumming my way every day on Study room and the woods to make sure I got Genome then converted those to serums, then used my free time, I usually have around 6 days I think to make serums, that is AT LEAST 6 fights in chapter 6 alone, and in Chapter 4 because you got tons of composts which you can turn into enzyme in Himinborjg and Wood in the Valley to make Asbru (not as much as the compost) so I stock up tons of valhalla there. And since in C4 and C5 you'll be rolling in money if you do all of the battle everyday in C4 and from that side quest in C5. (which is easier if you do it in Civil War, you won't even need a single serum as long as you have around 10 health), I got myself stocked on PHuldra there too. In C6, all I need is to spend my enzymes and money on rations.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1smth

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
It still boggles my mind that the class that this forum recommended when I first stumbled here was Alf when it was the most painful one out of all of my playthroughs, especially in chapter 4, and Seidr was the not recommended one when it was the best and easiest one. I am still postponing my Alf Freya Tyr playthrough and a redo of Alf Freyr Kirk playthrough because I miss some CG that seems to require you to be on loyalty path.

Jul 31, 2021
It still boggles my mind that the class that this forum recommended when I first stumbled here was Alf when it was the most painful one out of all of my playthroughs, especially in chapter 4, and Seidr was the not recommended one when it was the best and easiest one. I am still postponing my Alf Freya Tyr playthrough and a redo of Alf Freyr Kirk playthrough because I miss some CG that seems to require you to be on loyalty path.
Alf is hard as shit in the start but when you progress chapters it becomes one of the easiest. That branch is practically all prep though, so you better be prepping lol

Jul 31, 2021

You ain't lying, I feel that if you play legit all routes the game drags on forever. Its a fun long ass game :)

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
Alf is hard as shit in the start but when you progress chapters it becomes one of the easiest. That branch is practically all prep though, so you better be prepping lol
Yeah,that's right. I always took the longest with Alf. It's especially hard when you have rotten luck like me, even in the later chapter because I have rotten luck. Just imagine, my mechas didn't crit once despite 98% chance of crit, and even in Valkrye built, Jorgen's shield still miss despite 0.1% miss during the C4 Ancient fight which was very easy with other build. Fun note, I literally win without a single crit with Alf build in that fight once, and I never do the easy fight.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
I'm about to play Ch6 but what are the bugs? Will I miss out a lot of stuff? Should I hold off until Ch 7 comes out?

This game is really addicting ngl.
I'll hold off until C7 if I were you. It'll probably come out in a week or two anyway.

The reason is that there are a few bugs that might make you miss out on some lore things that might snowball into something big in the future.

Or, you can just scout the chapter if you wanna get messy and explore in the first run, then just go through it again cleanly later on a second run.

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes