ninkpt

Nov 16, 2017
Madodev bringing another great game :p

It is also funny that this initial version have more content than some Finished games already :D

Best tactic I found: Get initial group: Double Guard Double Cleric and clear novice-adept dungeons while spending money to upgrade recruit station as much as you can (can upgrade inn few times). Get your main group as strong as you can. All equipment you get from dungeon, test on recruits.

After your main group is "maxed out", start sending your novice adventurers to get addition H-content

baduserexp

Feb 11, 2021
How do I fire my adventurers?
it's pretty cruel, but you can fire an adventurer by stripping her gear, going into a dungeon with her, letting her get kidnapped, and then abandoning the recovery quest.
wouldn't you rather re-class her to maid and put her on permanent maid duty? It raises morale which has bonuses like lighting does in DD.

Vagic

Aug 31, 2021
Good start, but I don't know if the game is supposed to be difficult?
Enemy blocks and dodges simply do not allow you to put a magician on the team
Unlike the previous game, there is constant confusion with sets. And why the parasite limit is only 1?! >:
So far, I’ve managed to beat the second difficulty with a fresh squad and lose with second-level ones (but with heavy debuffs) against the first difficulty.
Enemy aggro and dots kill any build :(

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
It looks good so far, though trying to run the game using the web version on Android is a little clunky. Wish there was a downloadable version that would run on mobile.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
This is great!

Now I feel like the UI needs a massive revamp, there is a lot of micromanaging to do and a bad UI can kill the enjoyment of those games.

Also I am getting huge freezes that become quite frequent as the game goes on, and disappear once I restart the game, maybe memory leaks?
Especially at the start of battles, sometimes between turns (the token counter triggers a freeze, maybe loading assets for the animation?), at the end of battles, sometimes in the UI... etc

Anyway, I love it! thanks!
Any things you'd like to see changed in the UI?
I don't know of any memory leaks, but if there are, that's a Godot problem and not something I can fix.

So I want to ask, will the pregnancy content mostly remain at the spider enemy you shown earlier in the thread? or will it be something expanded on as the game goes on?
I want to add an actual pregnancy system. But it might take a while since it would require a lot of additional texture work (all equipment needs to have pregnant sprites). The incubation is mostly a test for it.

Jun 19, 2018
Good start, but I don't know if the game is supposed to be difficult?
Enemy blocks and dodges simply do not allow you to put a magician on the team
Unlike the previous game, there is constant confusion with sets. And why the parasite limit is only 1?! >:
So far, I’ve managed to beat the second difficulty with a fresh squad and lose with second-level ones (but with heavy debuffs) against the first difficulty.
Enemy aggro and dots kill any build :(
I agree that sometimes I am getting really strange encounters in Novice (lowest difficulty) dungeons, like 3 of those Ratkin warriors that apply bleed and usually a fourth rat that keeps applying Heat debuff. The dots get out of control really quickly and party members end up faltering every turn and eventually proccing kidnap on the dot damage.

Reactions: Arkus86

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
Any things you'd like to see changed in the UI?
So I'm a terrible UI designer, tried my hand at it a while ago and it turned out crap (mostly because I didn't put much effort in it, but at least I learned making a good UI is hard)

Having said that, there are a couple things that I feel can use some improvements.

- click and drag is terrible on a trackpad, on the guild (home, not the building), when you need to drag people around, it's pretty annoying to do

- right clicking on a adventurer to get a status only works if you right click the image, not the adventurer card (prob just a bug to be fair)

- the boxes needs to be styled, as in feel like it's just not some rectangle with rounded corners (the boxes I am talking about are a bit everywhere, but one example is the adventurer party in the guild/home screen). Maybe a custom art or whatever (I am aware that it takes a lot of time to do...)

- sometimes tokens are not hover-able, in a move description for example (which make it hard at the beginning of the game when you don't know what they mean just yet, I am aware there is a tutorial screen with them all listed, but having to go back and forth makes it a chore)

- font needs to be changed I feel, this looks like the placeholder default and makes the game feel unpolished (please don't go for an unreadable font)

- being able to 'favorite' adventurers, the adventurer list seems to get scrambled every time you return from a dungeon, and it makes it quite hard to find who you are looking for when you have more than 8 (on my screen, might be 6 for FHD)

- better display of equipment screen, trinkets are kinda sorted randomly, yes you can sort them with the buttons, but they still feel a bit confusing to search through, I don't actually know how you could fix this, maybe with delimiters between categories? but you would need to scroll then... idk

- better way of seeing who is a debuff applied to, for example, bloody crown says it forces bleeding 1, which from the context you can assume to be the wearer, but from the UI itself, it doesn't say. Maybe a way to differentiate if a debuff is on a target or on the wearer through an icon?

- In the same vein as the one above, an icon to differentiate received damaged from damage done, this way you could have -10% (icon: sharp) (icon: attack) or -10% (icon: sharp) (icon: defense)

- if you can condense the descriptions of the items, maybe have them appear on the item image, and hovering would give you a more verbose description.. making it easier to tell at a glance which is which

- better audiovisual feedback when clicking on a button, you already have some visual, but it's not always consistent (sometimes it looks like a button is being highlighted, sometimes it looks like it's actually clicked depending on the specific button, but no audio cue). Your buttons, or any actions a player does, needs to have some feedback in both audio and visual, to confirm that the button has been pressed and give a weight to it. RPGM has that built in with the sounds it makes when you move your button cursor around (which I am eternally grateful for, the amount of games that wouldn't have had that otherwise would have been staggering) but here you don't have much audio feedback.

Anyway, plenty of ideas, although some of them were probably on your TODO list... this is still an alpha, and it's already insane the amount of content you already have for an alpha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madodev

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
Also, as a separate note, maybe make curse items a bit more powerfull when the cruse has been lifted? kind of as a reward for putting in the work?

That would allow an interesting challenge for the player as they would have to make runs with suboptimal equipment multiple times to match the conditions to lift the curses.

Example: the warrior armbinder, still force the move tackle but allow idle actions liike move, masturbate, wait, etc...

for the ones that do 'maximum 12 stat' maybe after the cruse is lifted, change it to minimum 12? since the orignal artifact is minimum 16, it's not making it irrelevant, but still somewhat useful.. tho maybe it needs a bit more

Reactions: Arkus86

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The blindfold is actually part of a Prisoner set. Once your character gets more items of that set applied to her, the class will automatically be forced into Prisoner. (I don't know if it needs to be number of items or just specific item slots such as weapon, etc...)

Basically the premise is that you have to deal with that cursed item for now and accept it as longer term consequence until you can afford to de-curse it either organically or via the luxurious way.
Getting more pieces of the set equipped takes even longer than getting 50 mana, particularly since my unit is massively crippled the whole time and can't be reliably used as a unit. Also, consider what happens when you get multiple cursed equipments from different classes, especially once more cursed classes get added to the game (and there seem to be about five or six of them planned in the roadmap). They can end up preventing you from ever getting enough equipment to transfer into a certain class. And even then, getting to level 3 is a huge endeavor compared to some of the other curse-breaking requirements.

I think there should be some kind of alternative means to remove cursed equipment at camp, without actually uncursing the equipment, and then add some sort of incentive to actually uncurse and use the equipment.

So anyway, I've got a questions about equipment. What happens when a character is dismissed, abandoned, kidnapped, and/or corrupted? Does their equipment get sent back to your inventory, or deleted? I've been reluctant to equip my people with pretty much anything rare or worthwhile because I don't know if it gets lost forever when they "die". Even if you rescue a kidnapped character, they have a completely different set of equipment than they did before, and I'm not sure what happens to the old set. No manual saving and loading means I can't risk experimenting, either.

AngelGrace

Nov 1, 2022
Voice acting, a bold choice~

I'll be sure to carefully savor this gift, but so far it looks interesting.

Voices are a bit unsettling. Hopign we can get an option for something less loli-sounding in future builds.
Loli is what comes to mind hearing that? ...I mean, I guess, but...

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
Madodev in the future, please settle on a distinct tone for your game; the narrator being all grimdark while upbeat techno battle music plays is making my head hurt lol

Reactions: EmeraldKhopesh

Cat Boy

Oct 19, 2017
Cat Boy and maxuser
You are aware that you can retreat from combat or dungeons right? You don't need to get your entire party killed.
i am but it seems like i been doing that for the last 20 try's plus before you ask i been using the bar to make there lust go down but its still to hard maybe its bad luck on my part i have no idea but its kind of hard to play a game that fuck you over every time you try

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What kind of mind control is in the game?
Some enemies can use hypnosis-themed attacks to increase your Suggestibility and add Suggestions, but all it seems to do is add a random chance to get a debuff on any given turn. says something about a personality system and a building that lets you alter your characters' personalities with hypnosis, which is planned to be added around the same time the Ruins dungeons are added (two dungeons away from where the game's at now). There's also some kind of system involving cursed crests, but I haven't gotten far enough to interact with that system yet.

There's also a brain parasite that doesn't seem to do anything mind control related despite being a freaking brain parasite. Maybe the parasite mechanics just aren't fully implemented yet, though. They seem to be the most recent thing added to the game.

Reactions: themagiman

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
What kind of mind control is in the game?
Some enemies can use hypnosis-themed attacks to increase your Suggestibility and add Suggestions, but all it seems to do is add a random chance to get a debuff on any given turn. says something about a personality system and a building that lets you alter your characters' personalities with hypnosis, which is planned to be added around the same time the Ruins dungeons are added (two dungeons away from where the game's at now). There's also some kind of system involving cursed crests, but I haven't gotten far enough to interact with that system yet.

There's also a brain parasite that doesn't seem to do anything mind control related despite being a freaking brain parasite. Maybe the parasite mechanics just aren't fully implemented yet, though. They seem to be the most recent thing added to the game.
For a more concrete example of how I want to implement it, look at . Your adventurers will get sliding bars of personality values, and their crests, quirks, and innate personality will move those daily. Suggestibility will make it easier for you to modify it.
Of course, it's hard to make stuff like the brain parasite work if the system isn't in though. And since the Patrons preferred big boobies over personality it won't be the next update.

Reactions: Xypster

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
Madodev in the future, please settle on a distinct tone for your game; the narrator being all grimdark while upbeat techno battle music plays is making my head hurt lol
I also want to say that this game has the opportunity to make some (even all) moves in the game explicitly sexual instead of the generic fighting, stabbing and spellcasting. Even a super heavily modded Darkest Dungeon still has you attacking enemies the regular way.

The dog animation is a good example of this. More of that please!

Reactions: kamapalutza
4.30 star(s) 51 Votes