Shinima

Oct 6, 2019
Found another bug. "Clear dungeon with suggestibility >30" goal seems to have triggered on the second turn of the first battle in the dungeon, rather than waiting until the dungeon was cleared. Strange that it didn't trigger on the first turn, though...

...Okay, this one might be VERY significant. It seems that the passive class bonus for being a certain level in a certain class *only* applies to the current level. That is to say, a level 3 warrior will no longer get the level 1 or 2 buffs (such as the free Block at the beginning of every fight). I'm fairly certain this isn't intentional, as it would be strange to give a lower level character a buff that they lose when they level up.

I don't know anything about the ring or a set, but I've seen an item called Thick Latex Suit, or something along those lines. I'd assume the Drone Mask is related as well.
Thats latex ring. And yes, its works. Latex set appear)
1696686024556.png

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
The most annoying thing is when it's just down to one mob left, the "ratkin paladin" and then it just spams heal every turn to heal 10 HP and give itself block. You can legitimately go through dozens of turns just attacking this one mob with your whole party while it spams heal and blocks your attacks just hoping for a lucky crit, and if you're using a group of lv 1 adventurers this can take forever. Like, why is this a thing. Darkest Dungeon doesn't have aggressively-healing mobs for exactly that reason, it's just annoying.
You might still be having PTSD from previous versions. Nowadays the Paladin can only use that move five times (for the exact reason you posted).
Darkest Dungeon had Pelagic Guardians (and the Collector and other mob spawning bosses) btw.
Is the latex set already in the game? I only get a latex ring, and in battle only the duplication effect works; no new items from the latex set appear. Or am I just that unlucky?
It will only replace broken or missing equipment. That might be the reason.

Reactions: Xypster

ohsnapdragon

Feb 23, 2020
You might still be having PTSD from previous versions. Nowadays the Paladin can only use that move five times (for the exact reason you posted).

I'm playing alpha 2.6.2, is that an earlier version? I can say with absolute certainty that I've seen the paladin use heal way more than five times. I've had fights take dozens of turns just because the Paladin would keep spamming the heal, interspersed MAYBE with a bite if I was lucky. It's just super annoying to try to break the stall, especially since they get the guard boost too.

Darkest Dungeon had Pelagic Guardians (and the Collector and other mob spawning bosses) btw.
No, Pelagic Guardians don't heal, only guard. They do guard Pelagic Shamans (which do heal), but that's two mobs not one. Half of the DD classes have a stun or guardbreak to deal with it. And even if you had none of those, the Pelagic Shaman doesn't spam heal, it only gets used like ~30% of the time.

The Collector isn't comparable, that's a boss whose whole gimmick is to be a dps check - if you can't kill the mobs fast enough, you'll get overwhelmed and die. This is just a generic enemy mob that appears (quite often) and has an annoying tendency to stall you out.

Like, imagine if Pelagic Guardians COULD heal, and every heal heals them for almost their whole health bar while also giving them a protection buff. And they spammed it every turn after you killed all the squishy mobs. That would be so annoying.

Reactions: EmeraldKhopesh

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
how do i save my game?
The game should save automatically. I don't know if it waits until you close the game or is just saving constantly, but you'd be hard-pressed to close out of the game fast enough to undo anything that just happened. I've had the game pick back up in the middle of a battle.

ReasonableDaemon

May 28, 2020
I do find it odd that I can find weapons that are exclusive to what I think might be a patreon only class in the free version. Or if there is a way to unlock a Noble to use this Epee de Confiance I'm having trouble finding it.

Overall though, I like it, though it could stand to use a little more class variety, and preferably ones that lean more into the lewd side of things. Prisoner and Maid are great, but the others don't really really have much of a lewd feeling to them. Also, at least with the classes in the free version, options for the middle two rows feel kind of lacking, while Rogue and Ranger both work there, they feel a little antisynergistic, at least in the start, in that you really don't want your rogue pushing your ranger out of their ideal range. That basically narrows the middle of the party line down to either ranger + cleric, or rogue + cleric, with ranger + cleric also feeling a bit antisynergestic, since the cleric's ranged attack is (marginally) better than their melee, but if you have a mage in the fourth slot, which are quite good, that means ranger has to be in third, and thus clerica has to be third.

Fake Count

Jun 4, 2017
From the description of heat and what gives heat, it seems like it should do lust damage and not HP damage.

Edit: Estrus gives lust damage as well. Just trying to figure out why the equipment pieces that give heat do so and not a lust DoT or bleed DoT.

Aphrodisiatic Spit gives heat. Posture Heels that inject aphrodisiac give heat.

Last edited:

AngelGrace

Nov 1, 2022
Had some fun with this one, but unless I am missing something, the combat is just brutal. I can't even get through the easiest missions without 2 clerics spamming heals just to prevent half my party from being kidnapped. And even the easy fights can take 10 rounds or more. I wish it was less grindy feeling.
I'm not too far into the game yet, but I will agree it does feel really grindy. What's worked for me is to focus down one enemy at a time (And know what enemies do what), as well as knowing party placement. Like you, enemies have a range on their attacks, so repositioning allies can help a lot. Also, there's, I believe a quick action item that heals 5% HP in combat and clears negative tokens (not effects, sadly, but I would really recommend also having items that clear punishment, since the AI doesn't seem to have access to burning at least in the early game)

Apr 16, 2019
This game is unexpectedly fun, also the art is simple and have a lot of varieties. Some goals and enemy really makes the game so annoying tho like yea the paladin quite annoying if I dont bring my adept+ ranger with me. Also prisoner goals to kill (the one who last hit) 5 ratman/human with 1/2 dmg feels too grindy? especially I need to do it in adept+ dungeon, anyone have solution to make this easier? I dont see any easier solution than to just reroll the goal

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
This game is unexpectedly fun, also the art is simple and have a lot of varieties. Some goals and enemy really makes the game so annoying tho like yea the paladin quite annoying if I dont bring my adept+ ranger with me. Also prisoner goals to kill (the one who last hit) 5 ratman/human with 1/2 dmg feels too grindy? especially I need to do it in adept+ dungeon, anyone have solution to make this easier? I dont see any easier solution than to just reroll the goal
Ranger is great early on for breaking defense and evasion, as even lv1 archers can not only bypass those buffs but erase them. You can also rain arrows to clear a lot of buffs off of all enemies.

Cleric starting at lv2 also becomes a buff machine, they can just toss 1.5x damage on allies.

Rogue and Mage lv2 also get DoTs. You can stack effects like Burning and Bleed with themselves so that every turn enemies take 4, 8, 12, 16 damage. Even if your upfront damage is low, the DoTs will rapidly kill whatever you're fighting.

Drone mask is a double edged sword and uses valuable slots, but giving 20 str to a physical damage dealer will also beef up your damage output. Same thing for the blinding visor that limits you to 1 move. You can only use 1 move but you do it insanely well.

You can instigate situations where enemies will just have 1 or 2 health left for your prisoners to pick off.

Reactions: RazielaMonarch

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
as someone with literally over a thousand hours of dd1, i can say this with upmost confidence:

this game is literally the meme "We have DD1 Lustiest Lair at home"

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
This probably isn't the best forum for asking for tech support for the game...but here goes:

The audio for the game is playing with a very "crackly" echo effect. Double of every thing for dialogue, music, etc. Sounds way too awful to try to play, and something is clearly broken.
I've already tried reinstalling from a different link(itch), just in case the download was wonky, but same problem.

Worth noting the dev's previous game (also made in Godot) sounds perfectly fine! Does anybody have a clue as to what the problem could be? I have up-to-date video and audio drivers, and the problem does not occur for any other game I've played (including others from the same game engine). Is audio being compressed and then multiplied somehow? I haven't the foggiest what could cause it.

Last edited:

Eskella

Dec 9, 2018
as someone with literally over a thousand hours of dd1, i can say this with upmost confidence:

this game is literally the meme "We have DD1 Lustiest Lair at home"
It's funny, because I think I'm having more fun with it than I did with Lustiest Lair (which, granted, I haven't played in a while) since the game seems to be built up a little more for the lewds from the ground up. It might just be because I can 'feel' the direct nature of a lot of the swaps from DD1 and this stuff feels different *enough*. I'm really liking this right now. (Edit: Oh boy I took a look at DD modding and yeah it has gone *places* hahaha.)

w.r.t. the game itself, it does feel a bit grindy, but I think that's because I've been playing a little more passive than I usually did in DD1 - starting to push harder content and it's hitting that sweet spot. Some of the 'hard' fights threw me for a loop and it was fun to pivot - kind of like when I first ran into them in DD1 haha.

For comp, I'm curious as to what people are running. I've settled on Mage/Cleric/Rogue/Warrior comp as that seems to work out so far - though I am tempted to do a Ranger over the Rogue to be better able to e.g. mass clear Dodge/Block stacks and stuff. Some fun party comp experimentation for sure.

I'm also a fan of how several "negatives" having windows where they can be positives - via some perk combo or perk + gear combo. My favourite goofy scenario was when I had a warrior w/ some +dmg gear and the drone mask get the cursed armbinder and just start bludgeoning enemies for 20 damage tackles lmao.

Wondering if there's any consideration for modding down the road - I see everything is packed up atm but much like DD this could be fun to mod when it is 'finished'!

Last edited:

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
I don't know about you guys but for me, this game seems to be harder than Darkest Dungeon

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
I'm playing alpha 2.6.2, is that an earlier version? I can say with absolute certainty that I've seen the paladin use heal way more than five times. I've had fights take dozens of turns just because the Paladin would keep spamming the heal, interspersed MAYBE with a bite if I was lucky. It's just super annoying to try to break the stall, especially since they get the guard boost too.
No, it should work in that version. It's probably bugged, so I'll fix it.

Mobile version when? I think it should be pretty easy in Godot.
While there are plans for it, making a mobile version is more than pressing the export to Android button in Godot. Stuff like right-clicking for adventurer info, tooltips on hovering, and shift-click to remove items, all need to be reworked. It's not impossible, but not trivial either.

Wondering if there's any consideration for modding down the road - I see everything is packed up atm but much like DD this could be fun to mod when it is 'finished'!
Someone is actually working on mod support in the . It isn't hard to implement modding in Godot (especially if it's just modding in new items with pre-existing effect combinations), in fact recently Henry1887 did something much more complex for Ero Witches.

I don't know about you guys but for me, this game seems to be harder than Darkest Dungeon
The lack of permadeath allows me to make the game less fair. The ratkin lancer squad (Legio Lanciarii) would be completely illegal in Darkest Dungeon, but since adventurers don't die for real, I can get away with it.
Add to that the fact that dungeons aren't as level gated, and you get saves with a lot of kidnapped girls.

Last edited:

Ranos

Aug 24, 2018
So... First time writing here because THIS is so going to be my DD2 so i cant just keep lurking, I would probably even pay the same price if it gets finished and with Madodev I have high hopes that it gets finished.

Probably the first time that I am going to support something on patreon once I have some spare money.

..And people that havent finished DD2 reminded me that I have to finish DD1 for once atleast.

LagOps

Jan 29, 2018
Okay i have a really dumb question... what happens to my inventory after a quest? where does the stuff (including dungeon rewards) go? when i get to the next dungeon i just got an empty inventory apparenty...

salaciane

Apr 2, 2023
Okay i have a really dumb question... what happens to my inventory after a quest? where does the stuff (including dungeon rewards) go? when i get to the next dungeon i just got an empty inventory apparenty...
mana stuff and jewels get converted into mana and money respectively, equipment goes into your equipment screen, unused bread and stuff like that gets sold back

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes