RPGM Erohazard [v0.8] [w0wthatscool]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Kmon13

Jan 31, 2018
Okay, I just got around to trying out this Demo just now and I must say it's quite good with how it had me either running around either avoiding or gunning down Zombies and Hellhounds or Remembering clues to puzzles that are Homages to the original RE2 game.

Aside from that, I'm surprised the developer of this game didn't create a character sprite for the Main character (Soldier) yet but the one for Clara looks good.

However, aside from that, this game demo was good to try out, and really look forward to seeing the improvements made in the later updates.

BlueAce

Nov 10, 2019
Say dev do you plan on adding touch controls to this game? Not everyone has functioning arrow keys and its a shame cause this looks like a fun prospect. Or have at the very least allow use to customize keyboard controls?

Reactions: w0wthatscool

w0wthatscool

Apr 6, 2022
Okey, then. Where should i take key for east wing?
Yeah I messed up there. I have updated the main page with a new link to a walkthrough that, hopefully, has no mistakes.

Say dev do you plan on adding touch controls to this game? Not everyone has functioning arrow keys and its a shame cause this looks like a fun prospect. Or have at the very least allow use to customize keyboard controls?
I'm sorry I didn't know that would cause an accessibility issue. I'll remove the plugin that restricts touch controls next update.

I cant do anything in evidence room someone help?
Nothing to do there yet!

how long is the this version gameplay ?
About 30 - 60 minutes.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
The combat needs to be worked on. The second enemy shouldn't be able to deal hundreds of damage to you as you miss multiple shots in a row and bleed out from high bleed chances. And the hellhounds definitely move too fast, especially for the itty bitty hallway you first encounter them in. Other than that, the game seems decent for the moment. Once I manage to get past the itty bitty hellhound hallway, I'll be able to give a better opinion.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
The combat needs to be worked on. The second enemy shouldn't be able to deal hundreds of damage to you as you miss multiple shots in a row and bleed out from high bleed chances. And the hellhounds definitely move too fast, especially for the itty bitty hallway you first encounter them in. Other than that, the game seems decent for the moment. Once I manage to get past the itty bitty hellhound hallway, I'll be able to give a better opinion.
I've now gotten past the first hellhound with an amount of damage I deemed acceptable. And it feels even weirder how fast that hellhound moves because that's the only one I've encountered (I've basically cleared out the entirety of the west wing) that moves that fast. And then there's the damage. Knife says it does 3 damage, but I've had zombies that die in 3 shots averaging 6 damage apiece. And fighting the exact same zombie and shooting it twice and knifing it twice doesn't kill it. That wouldn't be so weird if I happened to roll 5 both shots, except then the third doesn't kill it. Sometimes the fourth doesn't kill it. The only other issue I can think of with the combat is the green herbs, which don't heal enough. Green herbs in RE typically heal roughly 33% hp, and the herbs rn only heal maybe two hits worth of damage. Against regular enemies that's not quite so bad since, with the exception of that first hellhound, every overworld enemy I've encountered so far has been avoidable, but bosses would, or at least should, shred that 15% from the green herbs almost immediately. Something that isn't an issue, but is a little weird, is why do we have poison knives? I can kind of understand our guns being able to apply bleed and I'd definitely understand our knives being able to apply bleed, but I don't understand the poison knives.
But besides my issues with the combat, I have been enjoying the game. The art's decent, Claire with a fat ass is always appreciated, and the puzzles have been good so far. Not too challenging, but not baby easy. Excepting that one 4 digit password, but I can chalk that up to the in-universe password's creator being lazy.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes