VN Unity Ren'Py Errant Kingdom [Ren'Py Remake Part 4 & Unity Chapter 5] [Lunaris Games]

Aug 30, 2022
I used to love these devs but it seems they change their minds about stuff every other week.
They permanently banned me on their Steam page because I couldn't stand their bullshit and provided links to a pirated version of Errant Kingdom.

EK.png

Anyway, at this point EK's a gigantic scam. They promised bi-monthly updates and after two years since the last update and many promises, they still have the audacity to delay the final release. Don't buy this game, I'll gladly leak it if it's done.

As a side note, they'll also block you on Twitter if you inquire about EK.

Jul 11, 2019
Lesson learned: Never buy a game in EA.
I usually don't but I did happen to get in a charity collection like a year or two ago (wow it's been that long huh)
They permanently banned me on their Steam page because I couldn't stand their bullshit and provided links to a pirated version of Errant Kingdom.

View attachment 2248143

Anyway, at this point EK's a gigantic scam. They promised bi-monthly updates and after two years since the last update and many promises, they still have the audacity to delay the final release. Don't buy this game, I'll gladly leak it if it's done.

As a side note, they'll also block you on Twitter if you inquire about EK.
I did notice that they turned off comments and I tested a friend to tell about and they were oh that studio and I was like oh fuck so they have reputation lol. Also sorry about replying the same notice you did I had seen your reply when I posted it. I mentioned in a another thread for another game and I was like I have seen games small devs that take a while but no updates in a year is kind of sus.

Last edited:
Reactions: sweaterweather4327
Jul 11, 2019
I feel a bit sad about how they have done this.

I've really enjoyed all the work they have put out so far and loved this one until they started messing us about.

Sucks when a dev I like kills my trust.
Me too. I loved WTNC and I was looking forward to it. It's kind of funny a game that released around or a bit before, Andromeda Six, has been really consistent with at least releasing episodes and updates--and it's ukw not early access. While the patch for episode six was uploaded like 90 days ago, they respond well to tech trouble and feedback. Even their dlc's don't cost much if you'd like buying them imo.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Can you give a little more details about this dev that's problematic?
They aren't problematic they just messed those of us that bought the game around.

When they first launched they set episodic release dates. A bit later they extended the dates on those. At some point they told us they were scrapping the staggered releases and they were going to release the game whole at the end of this year or early next year. Now they are telling us they are going to stagger release dates again.

We just get pushed from pillar to post and don't know whether things are going to change one minute to the next.

Up until this they have been really good and made some enjoyable content but they change their minds on what they are doing every 5 minutes with this game and it's got a bit frustrating.

Me too. I loved WTNC and I was looking forward to it. It's kind of funny a game that released around or a bit before, Andromeda Six, has been really consistent with at least releasing episodes and updates--and it's ukw not early access. While the patch for episode six was uploaded like 90 days ago, they respond well to tech trouble and feedback. Even their dlc's don't cost much if you'd like buying them imo.
I was pleasantly surprised with Andromeda 6, it's a pretty good story with great characters. Devs seem really good so far too.

Aug 30, 2022
They aren't problematic they just messed those of us that bought the game around.

When they first launched they set episodic release dates. A bit later they extended the dates on those. At some point they told us they were scrapping the staggered releases and they were going to release the game whole at the end of this year or early next year. Now they are telling us they are going to stagger release dates again.

We just get pushed from pillar to post and don't know whether things are going to change one minute to the next.

Up until this they have been really good and made some enjoyable content but they change their minds on what they are doing every 5 minutes with this game and it's got a bit frustrating.
While EK's plot is excellent, Lunaris' project management is trash.

I was pleasantly surprised with Andromeda 6, it's a pretty good story with great characters. Devs seem really good so far too.
Andromeda Six's one of my favorites. Why can't Lunaris just be like Wanderlust?

At least we have to give Lunaris some props for consistency. Consistency at breaking promises and disappointing their customers. :WeSmart: :KEK:

Jul 11, 2019
Can you give a little more details about this dev that's problematic?
I just only heard from a few people a couple years years ago there was some expose on a game dev on the being racist but I couldn't find anything on so I took it with a grain of salt.

A6 is pretty enjoyable I haven't played the most recent release since uni has been hectic but I figured I'd play it during winter break.

What makes me more irritated about Lunar Games is that they always announce delays last minute or day of.

Last edited:

DivineNight

Nov 18, 2022
It's a shame, though I had concerns when their Patreon only seemed to focus on Call Me Under as of late. They mentioned on Twitter that they were working to finish this and then CMU and had no plans for anything else right now - which I guess means the vampire game that was in early planning isn't happening either (or at least, not anytime soon.)

The staggered release thing is weird because other than switching it to Renpy, it's clear that nothing about the chapters/game has changed, so if you already played Prologue - Chapter 5, there's nothing new for you until the full game release at the end of February (if it does come out by then.) When I bought the demo it was straight after having played and enjoyed When the Night Comes. I hadn't realized this one had been waiting to be released for so long until I went looking for info about today's release and found it had been delayed.

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
And yet, they are making the new game which I hope they will finish it on time.

Aug 30, 2022
It's a shame, though I had concerns when their Patreon only seemed to focus on Call Me Under as of late. They mentioned on Twitter that they were working to finish this and then CMU and had no plans for anything else right now - which I guess means the vampire game that was in early planning isn't happening either (or at least, not anytime soon.)

The staggered release thing is weird because other than switching it to Renpy, it's clear that nothing about the chapters/game has changed, so if you already played Prologue - Chapter 5, there's nothing new for you until the full game release at the end of February (if it does come out by then.) When I bought the demo it was straight after having played and enjoyed When the Night Comes. I hadn't realized this one had been waiting to be released for so long until I went looking for info about today's release and found it had been delayed.
It's been nearly two years since Chapter 5's release – 01/03/2021.

DivineNight

Nov 18, 2022
It's been nearly two years since Chapter 5's release – 01/03/2021.
Yeah, it wasn't until today that I looked more into it that I realized when the last update was and how long it has floundered for, I only really got into VN's a month ago so when I picked up the demo for this I didn't realize how much time had passed (and was focused on the release date, not knowing all the delays before it.) Which makes their focus on Call Me Under rather than Errant Kingdom lately, a little concerning.

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah, it wasn't until today that I looked more into it that I realized when the last update was and how long it has floundered for, I only really got into VN's a month ago so when I picked up the demo for this I didn't realize how much time had passed (and was focused on the release date, not knowing all the delays before it.) Which makes their focus on Call Me Under rather than Errant Kingdom lately, a little concerning.
yep the only thing im thinking is that perhaps it's making me money for them? they had a huge kickstarter too.

Reactions: DivineNight