Kontralta

Sep 28, 2023
A slip of the tongue (~'I don't care that you're different') led to scrambling for an excuse, which Vernalcash pointed out that Ashe gave Delilah by saying only her family and Fiona knew, so she improvised an explanation that Fiona had told her, which was possible, when the alternatives of Ashe's family telling her were even less likely, and telling the truth of how she knew, would look badly.
Why she make that stupid mistake?

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Why she make that stupid mistake?
Which part is a stupid mistake?

It was an unplanned encounter, some of her interior thoughts slipped into her actual speech (this is a very common occurrence, often called a "Freudian Slip" as someone says something that reveals their internal thoughts that they weren't intending to reveal) and then, as I said, she tried to cover and improvised a plausible lie on the spot.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Like Hungover said she fucked up and then latched to what Ashe gave her. She was probably nervous cause she was reading her convo with Ashe and found her right in her face.
Yeah, I hadn't considered/remembered she was likely looking at the gym pics Ashe just sent her (or if that's out of order, reading over/planning the next text messages). Getting a bit tongue-tied after your crush, who you blackmailed for pics, walks up to you when those photos are open on your phone is to be expected.

Reactions: Temuu and Darthcrop

Kontralta

Sep 28, 2023
Which part is a stupid mistake?

It was an unplanned encounter, some of her interior thoughts slipped into her actual speech (this is a very common occurrence, often called a "Freudian Slip" as someone says something that reveals their internal thoughts that they weren't intending to reveal) and then, as I said, she tried to cover and improvised a plausible lie on the spot.
She was able to find out Ash's secret, it is unclear how. She organized a whole blackmail campaign, with a new phone number, insults, threats, and found out all of Ashe’s contacts. And now she suddenly screwed up just because it was a unplanned encounter? This looks as stupid as possible, especially for this game. Keeping your mouth shut and not revealing yourself as a blackmailer in an unexpected situation is not some super impossible skill.

Kontralta

Sep 28, 2023
Why? What evidence do you have that the blackmailer could never make a mistake? This axiom of your comes from outside the story, from your own beliefs, and that assumption could (and in my opinion, will) be incorrect.
I already said why. This is too ridiculous a mistake for someone who found out someone else's secret and came up with blackmail.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Fuck off.
Take your own advice sugar plum. You're bashing your head into a brick wall arguing against what almost every single person who played this game clearly saw. Does it mean that Delilah's the blackmailer? No. But you arguing that there's no reason to think she is just shows that you didn't understand a very clearly telegraphed dynamic from the dev. Why would she make that mistake? Because regardless of intelligence she's socially inept. Why would the blackmailer go to such efforts to blackmail Ashe? Probably because she's socially inept. There's a connection even you should be able to understand.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
She was able to find out Ash's secret, it is unclear how. She organized a whole blackmail campaign, with a new phone number, insults, threats, and found out all of Ashe’s contacts. And now she suddenly screwed up just because it was a unplanned encounter? This looks as stupid as possible, especially for this game. Keeping your mouth shut and not revealing yourself as a blackmailer in an unexpected situation is not some super impossible skill.
A) This whole blackmail campaign was 2 texts at ~3am, a few days of quiet, then more texts that resulted in 2 photos in gym clothes. Not exactly planning the D-Day invasion.
B) A new phone number? Like a burner you can get at most convenience stores or any phone shop? Or spoof a number using computer/internet, like every scam telemarketer does? This takes brilliance?
C) Insults and threats don't show off intelligence, any playground bully can use those.
D) There's no evidence they actually have Ashe's contacts, Rachel even brings this up, but the threat is enough for Ashe to err on the side of caution.
E) Unplanned is exactly that. The blackmail was all on the blackmailer's terms, controlled time, medium, prepared scripts. Not having that prep time would exactly explain the slips and awkwardness we see in the Delilah bus scene.
F) Ashe's secret, yes that is the question. Ashe had been so careful until recently, so how could they find out? Maybe the night of the first text when Ashe was naked around multiple people, in someone else's house?

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Ummm I don't know that expression either so I'll assume it's just a way of speaking, anyway I already corrected the mistake so there's no problem.
Sorry, "piss in your cornflakes" basically means 'to ruin your day/morning.' Often said like "Who pissed in your cornflakes?" if someone seemed grumpy when you met them.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I personally find it hard to believe Fiona would tell Delilah even by slip of the tongue because of how good of friends they are at least that quickly anyhow. I think either 2 things when it comes to whole blackmail thing. Either Delilah isn't the blackmailer at least not the only one. I feel like there might be 2 Delilah and someone else. No reason or proof as to why but just a gut feeling I have. Or the blackmailer told Delilah at some point / Delilah is being blackmailed herself and she found out while doing something the blackmailer told her to do. Either way Delilah is sus to me.

Reactions: MadfireMonkey

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
You'd expect a more advanced blackmailer to push harder and sooner for more explicit pics or actions.
As a blackmailer fan ( :4Head:) you have to start with little things and then push harder and harder. You don't start by demanding a sex tape.

Delilah is sus imo, but I don't think she's the blackmailer, I think it's a red herring. Though she probably learned by herself that Ash is a duplo (maybe she watched her with Zoey).

4.90 star(s) 101 Votes