Others Abandoned Esoteric Erotica [v0.149 Alpha] [EsoDev]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Details, I'd love to see what's up with that. If your game crashes to desktop there's a stack trace. Provide them if you can.
There was no crash dump and I don't know how to get a stack trace without one.

You mean like if what? They DLed a free game from a different source where someone modifies the installer to do something malicious? What you are saying makes little sense in practice. You're trying to sound security savy, but that's not how things work, especially since you likely have multiple games installed on your system with ring 0 permission.
You are trying to sound security savvy, but saying that users should feel free to give administrative access to unknown executables downloaded from unknown sources is just nuts. The games that I have installed with ring 0 permission are all from trusted sources.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Additional observation. This should only possibly happen if you play the new version without playing the new intro. If this wasn't the case, I'd like an explannation on what you did/how this happened.
I'm not sute what the "new intro" is, but I'm pretty sure I played it, since I only first encountered this game a few days ago. I'm not entirely sure what the exact sequence of ebvvents was, but it was approximately that I visited the landlord, did some flirting that he seemed to like (and a few that he didn't), and then asked for headpats and kisses, upon which it crashed.

I've not encountered it again, and can't seem to duplicate it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Lovecraftian erotica eh? Interesting, gonna check this out!

OakWhoYell

Nov 28, 2018
Wow, such a hot discussion in comments. Well, I see the dev doesn't make the game for those who might by chance play it. Sad for me, but let's respect dev's opinion on that for he's the one who creating this.
Then I'll just say that was one of the best character creation sequences I've ever seen. Love writing pretty much too. Hope it will be finished someday, probably with more options for MC (as all of us P&P games appreciators want in any game).

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
Hope it will be finished someday, probably with more options for MC (as all of us P&P games appreciators want in any game).
I'm really not sure if this will happen. At least not in some kind of major way. While I've thought about maybe doing some kind of misc traits pool for things that don't neatly fit with the current systems, I'm neither going to do that right now, nor thing it would be that important anyway.

The two main things people seem to ask for is:
a) male characters
b) dominant characters
Neither of which I'm interested in doing, since I find it to absurdly bloat the scope of the game while also constituting something I'm not that fond of writing from a player character perspective.

Were you thinking of something in particular?

Kheru

Feb 23, 2019
Maybe some people ask for male and/or dominant characters, I don't. I ask for things to do with the characters I made, because right now, it seems I can't find anything to do in this sandbox, except new characters.
It's really nice to have a character creator to this extent, but you get the vibe, that these stats will be deciding factors in the game space, which is,right now, not true. No matter what kind of characterI make, I couldn't find more content, than the arrival, and the creation.

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
Maybe some people ask for male and/or dominant characters, I don't. I ask for things to do with the characters I made, because right now, it seems I can't find anything to do in this sandbox, except new characters.
It's really nice to have a character creator to this extent, but you get the vibe, that these stats will be deciding factors in the game space, which is,right now, not true. No matter what kind of characterI make, I couldn't find more content, than the arrival, and the creation.
It's... an alpha build released for testing specific implemented features, not version meant for you to play and have content. I've went over this multiple times already. These builds are released for people who follow the project to test and give feedback on things, not to be a game you play.

Kheru

Feb 23, 2019
It's... an alpha build released for testing specific implemented features, not version meant for you to play and have content. I've went over this multiple times already. These builds are released for people who follow the project to test and give feedback on things, not to be a game you play.
Then why not post it on your blog, or itch, or patreon page? Or put in the name that Hey folks, this is a tech demo, no gameplay, just public test for the implemented character creator.

• Angry
Reactions: IvoryOwl

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
Then why not post it on your blog, or itch, or patreon page? Or put in the name that Hey folks, this is a tech demo, no gameplay, just public test for the implemented character creator.
I did exactly that. IDK what you're on about, do you think I posted it here or something? Because no, it was posted here expressely without any kind of consent on my side. And I think even by mirroring my files from Mega on multiple platforms, despite the files always being available for free for anyone who was interested.

• Haha
Reactions: Darth Sidious

Melongirl3

Feb 6, 2019
Can you tell me which where the registry-entry is being created so that I can remove it if I decide to remove the game from my PC?

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
Can you tell me which where the registry-entry is being created so that I can remove it if I decide to remove the game from my PC?
Code:
a) for 32-bit machines
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
b) for 64-bit machines
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
It's already in the thread.

Reactions: Melongirl3

Melongirl3

Feb 6, 2019
Code:
a) for 32-bit machines
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
b) for 64-bit machines
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
It's already in the thread.
Thank you! Couldn't find it :)

Melongirl3

Feb 6, 2019
As a side note, I reinstated information about this in the installation instructions and also will be providing an uninstaller for people concerned about it.
Thank you very much! My game doesn't seem to look like in the pictures, just like a text document. I just arrived at the coloured text section and they are all black. :eek:

EsoDev

Mar 4, 2020
No I am not currently, I can try though.
You shouldn't. I was just asking because I've only heard of this issue once and it was from someone from Japan having it. Unless you actually give me some details on what's happening (system is a good start) there's little more I can do than guess at it.

Melongirl3

Feb 6, 2019
You shouldn't. I was just asking because I've only heard of this issue once and it was from someone from Japan having it. Unless you actually give me some details on what's happening (system is a good start) there's little more I can do than guess at it.
Okay, so it could be because I am still using Windows 7, 64-bit. That's the system. I extracted the files and installed as an administrator.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote