Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I am not badmouthing the dev,
I didn't say you were badmouthing the developer. That was a comment on the members who feel entitled to talk bad about the developer.
As you say, you are concerned for him. I understand you. ;)

PS: I edited my prior comment; sorry if you mistook my intention. I'm not bashing you. :giggle: Peace, brother.

Reactions: cholus69

Savadekah

Oct 14, 2020
Hm... im always paying for new updates from TrashPanda. I really like both of his Games and im happy to support him.
It is the first time i feel a little dissapointed, because this update was extremely short.
Maybe it would be better if he takes more time, and give us bigger updates like before.

Anyway. Thanks for your games TP.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
It is funny how others complain about whining on here. In my opinion, it is good to know if a game is worth downloading. Two minutes, :ROFLMAO: I can now understand why the women keep complaining to some people :ROFLMAO:, is a short time for a download that takes longer than that!

Reactions: Allafterne

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
could you make the next update longer than the download?
facepalm_picard_riker-1_0.jpg

It is funny how others complain about whining on here. In my opinion, it is good to know if a game is worth downloading.
It's funny you're defending the whiners. You say (others complain about whining on here.) It shows how out of touch you are.

(In my opinion, it is good to know if a game is worth downloading.) Yes, it is good to know. But, when it's said in a whinny entitled manner. Then you are a whiner.

How about this: Is this update worth downloading?

Yeah, Yeah, delete for off-topic. :poop:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DanLong

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Is it just me or wasn't this game abandoned at one point? I'm glad to see it updated and I can honestly say Trash Pandas skills at least in the animation and art department keep improving and are actually getting to be really good. I remember the early renditions of The Prison Guard and another versions of this game that were sad as fuck.

I consider both of these titles Adult Cartoons with a loose outline of a story concept. If your looking for a gripping story of Esra growth or the Prison guard for that matter you will be sadly let down. I am NOT let down because again I consider these titles as Adult Cartoons. If you like corruption and getting to the next sex scene with as little fan fair as possible, you will enjoy this and The Prison Guard as they are today.

The Problem I see with these two VN's is the consistency. Devs like support, Awesome so do we all. However If we support ESRA will this game get fairly regular releases or are we waiting for The Prison Guard to get an update and MAYBE we will re visit Esra sometime in the future or vice versa? People like consistency especially when it comes to real world money. I don't think most people who actually have the ability to support and would spend real world money, want a ton of uncertainty and poor communication as to the development cycle they are being asked to support. Is the Dev projecting updates every 3-4 months with small monthly status updates to supporters? Fine, take our money. Is the Dev asking for 7-8 months for a substantial update with small monthly status updates to supporters? Fine, take our money.

It's up to you as a DEV to run your business in the most efficient economical way possible, It's not up to us as the viewers to tell you how to run a business. For Example, I support Desert Stalker but I haven't touched the VN in over a year... WHY? I love that VN because it has an amazing story and graphics and it dings all of my checkboxes. I love a huge update that I can get immersed in the story instead of itty bitty teeny updates. The DEV provides consistency and is great at communication with his supporters, I haven't been playing it in over a year but I have a good idea where the story is headed and what the characters are getting up to just by the Devs communication and consistency.

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Guys, this update was small, mainly because I was moving my house and I had a lot of RL stuff to do.
I didn't work on Esra a lot, just wanted to get the new version out with SS links, which I should've done long time ago, but it is what it is.
I've been working on PG tirelessly recently, I can see the criticism here and value everybody's opinion.

I agree with wildride's opnions, a VN can lean heavily into story side or adult cartoon side, there's no rule that a VN should be exactly like this or that, it's dev's preference in the end.

I cannot deliver a good story, because I choose not to. Otherwise I won't be able to deliver shit ton of sex animations and lewd stuff like I want. Using logical conclusions don't always give "fun" outcomes, I know that and use this as excuse in my works. I want my readers to know this too about my works. It almost become child's play to write an intriguing story thanks to thousands of AI tools on the internet, but I believe that instead of relying on AI storywriting, using my own imagination in my perverted head would give me more satisfaction in my work and make it more... 'organic'.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
Guys, this update was small, mainly because I was moving my house and I had a lot of RL stuff to do.
I didn't work on Esra a lot, just wanted to get the new version out with SS links, which I should've done long time ago, but it is what it is.
I've been working on PG tirelessly recently, I can see the criticism here and value everybody's opinion.

I agree with wildride's opnions, a VN can lean heavily into story side or adult cartoon side, there's no rule that a VN should be exactly like this or that, it's dev's preference in the end.

I cannot deliver a good story, because I choose not to. Otherwise I won't be able to deliver shit ton of sex animations and lewd stuff like I want. Using logical conclusions don't always give "fun" outcomes, I know that and use this as excuse in my works. I want my readers to know this too about my works. It almost become child's play to write an intriguing story thanks to thousands of AI tools on the internet, but I believe that instead of relying on AI storywriting, using my own imagination in my perverted head would give me more satisfaction in my work and make it more... 'organic'.
Glad to hear that you do not rely on AI, I hate that crap. I mostly love your perverted stories ;)

Reactions: wildride69

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
1716477646165.png

For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet. The laughing Emoji is the new faceplam for the sad members that get called out on something. They are really hating the fact that the Faceplam was taken away. Using the angry Emoji would indicate you got to them so they won't use it.

Just calling them as I see them.
DanLong

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023

I haven't played this since 0.1 as I thought it was abandoned. I am seriously impressed on how far your skill in animation and renders have improved. These are two very good looking titles now.

I was annoyed at the paywall but I was so impressed with the graphics I decided to Sub just to see what I'm missing an honestly it wasn't much but I am not upset as the quality on both games is enough I feel they deserve some support.

Also (non spoiler) I like the ending of the story and the connection that was made, I think if you proceed sown the path I think your taking the story your development time will be faster and your output may increase. Overall this is just my assumption to where I THINK the story is going and I could be as wrong as pineapple on pizza!

Keep up the great work and good luck.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
View attachment 3663348

For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet. The laughing Emoji is the new faceplam for the sad members that get called out on something. They are really hating the fact that the Faceplam was taken away. Using the angry Emoji would indicate you got to them so they won't use it.

Just calling them as I see them.
DanLong
I completely disagree I use the laughing emoji when I think a post is humorous. It is nothing like the old facepalm imo.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
For me the laughing one is definitely NOT a replacement for the facepalm. Unfortunately there isn't a single one you could use for it now. Changing facepalm to angry was imo bullshit, these are two completely different emotes you normally use.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I completely disagree. I use the laughing emoji when I think a post is humorous. It is nothing like the old facepalm, imo.
I'm glad you think that. That's what I use it for, also.

For me, the laughing one is definitely NOT a replacement for the facepalm. Unfortunately there isn't a single one you could use for it now. Changing facepalm to angry was imo bullshit. These are two completely different emotes you normally use.
A coin always has two sides.
That's exactly my point. Think about it: if you are called out for something and don't have the facepalm, which shows disrespect to your comment. You can't use an angry emoji because that would show being called out wounded you. What's the alteritive?
Laughing, Emjoi. (Haha, You didn't wound me, seeing I'm laughing at you) It's a mask to cover the pain.

I agree the angry Emjoi is bullshit.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes