Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
Deja vu of this VN drop... minutes before I finished BaDIK. Ugh.
Real footage of Sancho1969 at that moment...

45ekm1.jpg

More seriously man, if you need a break, just do it. We can't thank you enough for the work you and all the modders are doing, but you really don't owe us nothing. It works the other way around : we owe you and are grateful for the time you "waste" helping us having an over-the-top experience with those games (at least for the non-jackass/entitled members of this forum).

PS : Sorry if my english is a complete mess, not my native language :p

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
Sarcasm? This is the third day... I like to be 24-48hrs. But yeah, I'm a bit slower after this and BaDIK Redux. I'm getting word that another VN I mod just dropped an update too. Deja vu of this VN drop... minutes before I finished BaDIK. Ugh.
no sarcasm, i didn't know you were even faster, i'm not knowledgeable about modding and this kind of work but to me it felt super fast, and thank you again! About the other updates, well, take care of your health too! if you can...

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Sarcasm? This is the third day... I like to be 24-48hrs. But yeah, I'm a bit slower after this and BaDIK Redux. I'm getting word that another VN I mod just dropped an update too. Deja vu of this VN drop... minutes before I finished BaDIK. Ugh.
I dunno about that person, but imo, considering the amount of work you're putting on the mod, even re-writing some of it from previous updates of it, 3 days is fairly short.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
no sarcasm, i didn't know you were even faster, i'm not knowledgeable about modding and this kind of work but to me it felt super fast, and thank you again! About the other updates, well, take care of your health too! if you can...
I was only asking. I'm a bit tired so didn't know if we were joking around or being serious. My bad, just asked. I appreciate your kindness.

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
I dunno about that person, but imo, considering the amount of work you're putting on the mod, even re-writing some of it from previous updates of it, 3 days is fairly short.
please re read my message, it wasn't sarcasm, i'm genuinely surprised by Sancho's work, it's amazing! i can't thank him and the rest of modders enough

Reactions: Soulafein

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
please re read my message, it wasn't sarcasm, i'm genuinely surprised by Sancho's work, it's amazing! i can't thank him and the rest of modders enough
Understood, I was simply asking. We're all good bud. Hell, even if it were joking around (I know, you weren't) I wouldn't be offended, I joke all the time. Sometimes folks are assholes though so I was just checking. Don't sweat it bud, I'm tellin' ya we're solid and I appreciate ya.

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
Already played .22
Hope you enjoyed, I haven't played the latest update yet. I'm waiting to play this first from the beginning again to get immersed. Then ill head back to check on Nana see if she has anymore work for me to do ;)

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
Understood, I was simply asking. We're all good bud. Hell, even if it were joking around (I know, you weren't) I wouldn't be offended, I joke all the time. Sometimes folks are assholes though so I was just checking. Don't sweat it bud, I'm tellin' ya we're solid and I appreciate ya.
thank you, i'm sorry if it look like sarcasm, and if it look like i was mad about anything, english is my second language and even in my first language i suck expressing myself, but the truth is that i discovered Eternum a couple of days ago and it's been long since i liked a game so much, so i'm really grateful for your work and the rest of the modders. Thank you very much for the effort and the great mod!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've got 98% of the code cleaned up... I have a few minutes so I might make Nancy my bitch (alt-char renaming):
Done. She's "cooked" too. For folks not in the know: like other SanchoMods with deep-rooted alt-char renaming all stats, dialogue, etc is changed accordingly. All of it changes in real-time except the on-screen dialogue at the moment of change (it's a RenPy thing, always has been, just proceed to the next scene and it's changed) but that's minor. It's non-destructive meaning I don't change any in-game variables so your saves are just fine... it simply changes what you see on screen, not what is written to disk. That's how we roll.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay... time to get the beast compiled and integrity checked. I'll make a post when the OP has fresh links. I'll do that before I edit the FAQ since there's all the new features in Core v7 that really need to be included in it so folks know what's what.

Everything I can think of is taken into account: One example out of literally dozens - want a ChoiceGuide but don't like the FR guides? Simple, while in FR simply toggle Off the ChoiceGuide (via the new HotKey "g" or via the MiniMenu/SanchoOptions screens). The MiniStat will then automatically revert back to it's standard form. Once out of FR simply re-toggle the ChoiceGuide back On. Etc, etc, etc.

I'll be back with a post when I'm done packaging this up... prepare to get you some.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Your message wasn't showing up when I posted mine. It only showed up, for me, after refreshing the page. We must have posted at the same general moment, with only a few seconds interval.

Reactions: Ericopa12
Nov 19, 2021
Hurray! I might end up just starting the game over again just in case there were a lot of things I missed or got changed. Um...I didn't know pregnancy was in the game. That's kinda interesting.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.5)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - Added the MiniStat auto-Hide/Show code. Note: It's heavy-handed in this VN due to the presentation of the base A/V itself, it's kind of crazy tbh.
  • New feature - Enhanced the MiniStat to automatically get out of the way during FreeRoam if there's a right-navigation arrow, hidden object, etc.
  • New feature - Rename alt-character (currently just Nancy). Functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, absolutely all of it.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Remastering of the entire U1-U4 SanchoMod code (includes enhancement of the ChoiceGuide, FreeRoamGuide, and a massive choreograph overhaul of the MiniStat)
  • Updated feature - Added more SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Improved the FreeRoam guide within the MiniStat.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes