Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Ralkey

Nov 10, 2020
What does the "DevCon" toggle do in the menu?

i cant find an explanation in the feature's section,
nor does it have a hover description in game

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What does the "DevCon" toggle do in the menu?

i cant find an explanation in the feature's section,
nor does it have a hover description in game
It's there for me. It works in association with my custom IDE. Nothing to worry about.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So this would definitely be a low-priority request, but the whole white text/white background thing -- specifically in this case the questions you're asking Idriel as you're about to fully enter Eternum for the first time -- any chance you could mess with those? Add a black shadow or just flip the text color to black?

Just a thought.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So this would definitely be a low-priority request, but the whole white text/white background thing -- specifically in this case the questions you're asking Idriel as you're about to fully enter Eternum for the first time -- any chance you could mess with those? Add a black shadow or just flip the text color to black?

Just a thought.
It's a good thought. It has bothered me too in the past. That was a dev call but yes, I can sort that barring me forgetting to do so. Regards.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
That is as intended. The Halloween FR guide lists the choices you currently have and where they are... it does NOT tell you what to do. There's no specific order when two choices are listed in the MiniStat during that FR... if the player wants both LIs then simply include Nova. Pay attention to the Hotspot info... it will tell you what will occur if that FR choice is selected. This is no different than the non-FR guide... letting you know basically what will occur but not what to choose (regarding LIs).

Edit: Here's the layout so we're all on the same page. In the below example the player has a Task list with two options separated with the word "or" NOT "first, then, next, ect". It's not order specific. Now, in the same example the player has the mouse cursor over the "Wait" icon. The Hotspot clearly shows what will occur if chosen (clicked). Notice "FreeRoam Exit" in red. If the player does not want to exit the free roam then they obviously don't have to choose "Wait", there's two choices in the Task List... simply choose the other one.
I'm assuming Hotspot is what's available to be done in Current Location?
So if I visit Nova, I can still get the Penny scene? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm assuming Hotspot is what's available to be done in Current Location?
So if I visit Nova, I can still get the Penny scene? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.
Think of Hotspot as being the ChoiceGuide in VN mode... it dynamically changes to let you know what will occur if you choose that choice. The Item list in all SanchoMod's gives you (dynamically) all the things you CAN do at that particular moment. That's basically how it works.. a list and a guide (different things) all on the same screen while in FR.

Reactions: Phase_01

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
OK, so first of all, even if it's not the place, Eternum is clearly one of the best games around here. Period.

I just finished the 0.5 update late night yesterday, and I must say, your mod enhance the experience even further. Choice guide and Ministat are a blessing and are very well integrated, the fact they are fully customizable is just the icing on the cake (yeah, I'll stand by that baking ongoing joke for much much longer, bear with me). Very neat and nice job there, Sancho1969 (y)

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018

Just a thought.
As someone who used to fansub animes a long time ago (some of the animes my team subbed are of legal age to vote or drink... at least in my country), it's a subject I worked on for some time trying to find the best solution (as there is no perfect solution). Our solution in the end was outline 2 px in black for all our subs, adding a shadow in scenes where the background was on the same color than our font (i.e. white). 9 times out of ten, the easiest solution would be just outlining the whole thing (just my personal humble opinion ^^ )

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Just a thought.
It's a good thought. It has bothered me too in the past. That was a dev call but yes, I can sort that barring me forgetting to do so. Regards.
As someone who used to fansub animes a long time ago (some of the animes my team subbed are of legal age to vote or drink... at least in my country), it's a subject I worked on for some time trying to find the best solution (as there is no perfect solution). Our solution in the end was outline 2 px in black for all our subs, adding a shadow in scenes where the background was on the same color than our font (i.e. white). 9 times out of ten, the easiest solution would be just outlining the whole thing (just my personal humble opinion ^^ )
I'm tagging these posts as they are applicable to the issue.

Apparently this is on me. Before dicking with it I looked at all the dev's existing formatting code and found that menu text is indeed drop-shadowed by default but wasn't showing up with the ChoiceGuide code hijack. I dug a bit deeper and found a very odd issue with RenPy that I'm not sure I knew existed before. See, the ChoiceGuide uses an outline but it's not your average outline, it has a transparent element to it. I found (by accident) that if I shorten the color code from Hex8 (which includes transparencies to Hex6 or less (which is color only) that the dev's formatting "magically" came back:
1674563165886.png
This is very odd. So, I thought that maybe it was in this particular version of RenPy and loaded up an older version and a newer version of RenPy compile and.... they act the same fucking way. This is a bug somewhere deep in RenPy's core so I'll have to document it properly and report it to Tom.

Bottom line: I can make changes to restore the dev's original text formatting at the expense of some SanchoMod "cool" factor. Bummer, but it is what it is. I'll keep you informed and can have this available in a maintenance update.

Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
  1. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
Shift+s is making quick saves instead of screenshots.
screenshot0003.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Shift+s is making quick saves instead of screenshots.
Hmmm... I see the dev took Shift+s/F5 for QS and Shift+l/F9 for QL. Use Alt+s as an alternative. I'll update the VN's "Help" screen in the next maintenance update.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Hmmm... I see the dev took Shift+s/F5 for QS and Shift+l/F9 for QL. Use Alt+s as an alternative. I'll update the VN's "Help" screen in the next maintenance update.
Yeah, I used alt+s to take a screenshot of what happens if you use shift+s. I just wanted to point out that the FAQ here was wrong for this particular game.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v0.5)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - Added the MiniStat auto-Hide/Show code. Note: It's heavy-handed in this VN due to the presentation of the base A/V itself, it's kind of crazy tbh.
  • New feature - Enhanced the MiniStat to automatically get out of the way during FreeRoam if there's a right-navigation arrow, hidden object, etc.
  • New feature - Rename alt-character (currently just Nancy). Functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, absolutely all of it.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Remastering of the entire U1-U4 SanchoMod code (includes enhancement of the ChoiceGuide, FreeRoamGuide, and a massive choreograph overhaul of the MiniStat)
  • Updated feature - Added more SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Improved the FreeRoam guide within the MiniStat.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
And just caught up with the Dev on this one, talk about a ghost in the machine. ;) But didn't come across any problems from the mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Hey Sancho, thank you for your hard work and amazing mod as always. I have a question, are you planning to make this updated mod compatible with JoiPlay or is it not a priority for now?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, thank you for your hard work and amazing mod as always. I have a question, are you planning to make this updated mod compatible with JoiPlay or is it not a priority for now?
Good morning. There are several posts regarding it, one of them above on this page here.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I've heard there was at least one update to the public release which came out today. If this is true, will there be an update to the mod, or did you already take them into account?

Edit: I don't know if the f95 thread has been updated, I just saw that it was released on itch.to and had heard about at least and additional scene at the party.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've heard there was at least one update to the public release which came out today. If this is true, will there be an update to the mod, or did you already take them into account?

Edit: I don't know if the f95 thread has been updated, I just saw that it was released on itch.to and had heard about at least and additional scene at the party.
Well, I don't know bud. Considering v0.5 came out less than a month ago then there must be some sort of maintenance update or something. I'll keep my eyes open but if you find a changelog that will be of great assistance... whether I've already fixed the issues or if there was something that slipped past me too.

Edit: I see that post. That's just the "public" release of v0.5 where it was previously "supporter" only. It's the same v0.5 :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes