ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
View attachment 3355692
If whipping his dick out and measuring to level up was a thing...
He would lose, and very badly. This could be his reaction upon seeing the protagonist's manhood:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Ungawa and MAGO-DAG

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Who remembers the early days of AVN's when the devs would get blasted for not meeting a monthly release date?
Yeah yeah quality takes time but 6+ months for an update screams the current system of doing things needs to change.
Older one gets the less interested and able one becomes in following/paying for such projects, no matter how good they are.
Life speeds up so fast the time and inclination fades away.
Love this game and will continue to follow it , but I really think the dev process of AVN's really needs to change.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Who remembers the early days of AVN's when the devs would get blasted for not meeting a monthly release date?
Yeah yeah quality takes time but 6+ months for an update screams the current system of doing things needs to change.
Older one gets the less interested and able one becomes in following/paying for such projects, no matter how good they are.
Love this game and will continue to follow it , but I really think the dev process of AVN's really needs to change.
/sighs and taps post below

Screenshot_20240204_110057_Patreon.jpg

...yeah, I'll take slow and steady dev speed over speedy updates that lead to eventual crash and burn due to burnout, thank you very much...

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Tho.... I thought 0.7 almost done right? Or is it just me....
Check post above. Prog bar recently updated to 89%, and Cari mentioned in latest sneak peek (Sneak Peek #4) that he plans one more sneak either at the end of this month or early next month. And based on past releases, the update follows the week after.

So regardless (and assuming the Demon Lord beta gets leaked here early again), we're getting a March release.

Reactions: misteriousy

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The market will regulate it. If development becomes to slow and people will abandon the games, then the developer have to change their ways. If not then they don't have to.

Also AI will likely change things a lot in the coming decade. The old way of rendering scenes might soon be gone.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The old way of rendering scenes might soon be gone.
That's assuming every dev adapts to it and not, say, be so enamored with the hands on development process that they eschew faster ways to make stuff in favor of doing shit on their own.

Not to mention there are renderers out there that might remain incompatible with AI, HS2 being one of them (and yes, I am suggesting that such a program will likely remain in use a decade from now unless a better competitor program enters the scene).

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
The market will regulate it. If development becomes to slow and people will abandon the games, then the developer have to change their ways. If not then they don't have to.

Also AI will likely change things a lot in the coming decade. The old way of rendering scenes might soon be gone.
I don't think rendering is the problem per se right now either. The problem lies in that no project manager stops the dev from improving their game all the time in every instance, thus making development time longer and longer consequently.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
That's assuming every dev adapts to it and not, say, be so enamored with the hands on development process that they eschew faster ways to make stuff in favor of doing shit on their own.

Not to mention there are renderers out there that might remain incompatible with AI, HS2 being one of them (and yes, I am suggesting that such a program will likely remain in use a decade from now unless a better competitor program enters the scene).
The question is, how much could it accelerate the development.

And I don't think you would need HS2 anymore. You will tell the AI (yeah, it isn't real AI, whatever) who the characters are supposed to look or you might even give it a photo and the AI will do the rest in accordance with description by the developer. You might have to do small corrections here and there, but that will be it.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Will the game be released at 100% or wil the polishing fase start?
The next update will be released for top tier patreon supporters at 100%. It might leak here within a few days, but we might have to wait a bit longer until more patreon tiers have it.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The question is, how much could it accelerate the development.

And I don't think you would need HS2 anymore. You will tell the AI (yeah, it isn't real AI, whatever) who the characters are supposed to look or you might even give it a photo and the AI will do the rest in accordance with description by the developer. You might have to do small corrections here and there, but that will be it.
Again, depends on the dev.

Like Cari himself is pretty much a workaholic who likes the process (sometimes even to the detriment of his sanity that he has to deliberately pace himself more so than usual). Having all that be reduced to writing and refining prompts and just sifting through the results for the best pic is likely going to be boring for him.

(Also he has repeatedly mentioned on Discord that he would continue to use HS2 even up to his next game so I doubt he's gonna jump on the AI rendering train for at least another decade or so lol)

Or a certain dev with lots of Patreons who treats his work as a coding challenge and has ignored pretty much every helpful suggestion that would allow him to do his work faster and more efficiently. If that person shuns the help of others, what makes people think that he would accept the help of an AI?

Reactions: Maviarab

Fyrwulf

Oct 16, 2018
I would actually appreciate if the pirate episode won't referencing Once Piece too much, since I never watched that and I know pretty much nothing about it. :HideThePain:
This game is basically a VN version of Ready Player One. The whole point of Ready Player One was that it was a love letter to geek culture. Hell, the Headmaster at the Hogwarts realm was a meta joke reference to that one crazy dude who accused JKR of stealing his work. Ion is the Tron world. I'm pretty sure the realm that you break into to steal Calypso was meant to be the North from ASOIAF. I've seen at least two weapon assets from the Destiny franchise.

The point is, there's all kinds of references in that game that you will pick up on if you are in the know. If you don't, this is still an awesome game. Don't let the lack of understanding detract from your enjoyment.

Apr 2, 2021
It depends.

In the case of Eternum, I can bear with the 6+ months updates cycle (although we used to get 3-4 months update cycle at the early stage) because the game is clearly improving. First of all, the contents we get each update is comparable to the size of two updates of other AVNs (3 to 4 fully animated H scenes with multiple events). Second, this game commission a lot of custom assets that are not pre-made HS2 assets. So you see a lot of scenes and locations and costumes that cannot be found in any other games and it takes time. The renders quality, animation quality and the amount of custom assets clearly outperform the earlier versions of this game. When I play this I can feel the amount of work and thoughts that went into the dev process, so it is excusable.

Also for this game I remember there was a voting for patreon where dev asked if they wish for bigger update with longer dev time, or shorter but frequent one, and people opt for bigger update with longer dev time.

What I cannot bear is some games where it took the same amount of time for one update, got delayed when the deadline comes close, and then we get a half-baked, lackluster, clearly put together last minute type of update, with the most generic scenes that you have saw 1000 times already. Those are the ones that need to change. I can name a few here but will refrain from doing so.

Anyway, 0.7 is close and I have faith that this game will surprises us with its quality again.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes