VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
For archival purposes, i'll be adding one of the progress banners for each version here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This post will be updated with each new version banner.

Last edited:

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
For archival purposes, i'll be adding one of the progress banners for each version here:

Great idea to have them in one place, but don't you want to add these banners from Thorin's post? So the archive is complete.
It probably wouldn't be on this site - but I didn't search for a development thread. I did run across a couple of things related elsewhere though.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Totally requesting this to be added to the OP

Reactions: Redd23

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

So the new one will likely be Dalia, if that patch actually contains her birthday.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
We don't know, what kinda loop it is or if there are like clones are different Orions from different dimensions (that's, why left that kinda open), but I don't think they are happening simultaneously, since the coin example seems to indicate that there is one attempt after another, just as you would throw one coin again and again and not 1,000 simultaneously. But we will see.
It's not clones. It's basically different realities happening simultaneously, but with different choices made, different permutations, but same outcome. However, there is basically ONLY ONE reality that we're focusing on, which is our POV. Again, kinda like Infinite.

Again tho, the heads and tails question exists in Infinite (down to "heads" happening more often than usual when a flip is made), and that definitely didn't focus on a timeloop but rather "constants and variables," how despite divergent choices and multiple alternate realities there seems to be a "fixed" outcome of events that leads to a whole lot of suffering, and the overall story is the two protagonists' quest to break that outcome. Which is not that far off from what seems to be happening at the moment (and what Idriel wants Orion to do).

See, this is why I said earlier in this thread that Limbo's existence basically opens a can of worms regarding the story. Cause the existence of a realm displaced by time and space basically allows the possibility of what I've mentioned above to happen (even more so if you have a character that is essentially a dead ringer for a "blind seer" archetype to be trapped there). :HideThePain:

• Thinking Face

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Great idea to have them in one place, but don't you want to add these banners from Thorin's post? So the archive is complete.
added the promo banner with annie but not the praetorian one as i rather have the post mainly be a "progress banners" archive.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020

I can believe I'm saying that but 0.5 it shouldn't have been Nova again.

Reactions: Takkatakka

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
See, this is why I said earlier in this thread that Limbo's existence basically opens a can of worms regarding the story. Cause the existence of a realm displaced by time and space basically allows the possibility of what I've mentioned above to happen (even more so if you have a character that is essentially a dead ringer for a "blind seer" archetype to be trapped there). :HideThePain:
That is not really the main point of my posting though. That's why I don't really care what kinda loop or parallel dimensions it is. The point rather was that Orion really screwed up big this time and that might be the simple reason why Idriel might be angry at him. Like he was so far the most promising of...whatever it is and pissed it all away. Her best horse in the race, so to speak.

Reactions: Redd23 and McSinyx

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That is not really the main point of my posting though. That's why I don't really care what kinda loop or parallel dimensions it is. The point rather was that Orion really screwed up big this time and that might be the simple reason why Idriel might be angry at him. Like he was so far the most promising of...whatever it is and pissed it all away. Her best horse in the race, so to speak.
Thing is I don't really get that vibe from the dialogue. To me it sounds like someone saying:

"Oh noooo, you screwed up!! Too bad, guess everything is gonna end now!! And to think I was rooting for you!! It's not as if I've been telling you all this time to defy fate and move forward or anything so that you can be motivated to get up there and prove me wrong!! Guess I'll just leave you now!!

...Teehee."

And then when Orion DOES survive this, she'll be like "Oh would you look at that!! Guess there's hope for you after all!! :sneaky:" as if she didn't plan all of it or foreseen it. :cautious:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Thing is I don't really get that vibe from the dialogue. To me it sounds like someone saying:

"Oh noooo, you screwed up!! Too bad, guess everything is gonna end now!! And to think I was rooting for you!! It's not as if I've been telling you all this time to defy fate and move forward or anything so that you can be motivated to get up there and prove me wrong!! Guess I'll just leave you now!!

...Teehee."

And then when Orion DOES survive this, she'll be like "Oh would you look at that!! Guess there's hope for you after all!! :sneaky:" as if she didn't plan all of it or foreseen it. :cautious:
Sure, could be...might be...I just wanted to point out a potential alternative.

Reactions: MagnusTempestus6
4.80 star(s) 876 Votes