Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

OUndrAnt

May 18, 2021
Man, I'm not here to lick your balls or something but HOW IN THE WORLD your mods are no in the op in the game threads? (Eternum and BAD, the ones I used) just don't make any sense, you just have the more complete and datailed features that anyone would want and even extra things like the SanchoTranslator nice name btw for some lines that are in spanish please do that for the russian gym professor to, I really want to know what he is saying, and that savefixer thing? it's just a perfect feature for everyone that don't to want to wait for the mod update, we can just play first time blind and them use the mod when he is updated It's just to perfect, theres no other mods that offer such thing and all off that for FREE, not even a patreon and that early access for 36h bullshit. I guess you really pissed someone off in this site to be so ignored...

Last edited:

ghosthog

Feb 21, 2019
I've noticed this as well for a few games, figured politics and/or amount of ass kissing or lack of.

Eversmann122

Jul 11, 2018
From what I have noticed and as per "guidelines?/proceduralBS" of the forums/website only 1 walkthrough-mod/multi-mod is to be linked in the main OP and as Sancho's mods are significantly more complex (feature heavy) than a standard WT mod. Which means they are usually posted first and added to the OP by the mods/thread owner first and are usually not changed unless a mod is abandoned making the likelihood of Sancho's stuff ending up there.

Other factors probably play a part for many of the games Sancho makes mods for.
Also if the "guidelines" thing changed I am not aware but most OP's still follow that procedure from what I have seen.

Last edited:

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Didn't expect there to be an update yesterday.
I... think I need an early drink. No spoiler but there's a "mystery / who-done-it" free roam that I'm having hell finding a balance in giving a guide to... a who done it without some suspense is pointless (if I just tell you where to go and what to do exactly). I have to think of something that guides the Player but doesn't have me not only holding their hand but dragging them along behind me in the guide... that feels very cheap and amateur. I'm certain I'm overthinking it so a sip of whiskey might just give me a Eureka moment...
My internet isn't the greatest either, so I don't have the game in front of me. Without knowing exactly what's going on... is it the collectors house mentioned in the walkthrough?

Are there one or more fail states?
Are there one or more "win" states that might not be as desirable? (i.e. because they don't trip all the flags the player wants)
Can you "reset" the player to the beginning without fucking up their saves/flags?

If the answer is yes to all of these...
1.) Auto-save and/or remind player to make a save at the beginning
2.) Pop up notification explaining it's a whodoneit; give option to explore or to enable guidance to "bestest" route.
3.) If they choose explore, give them a button to return them to the beginning if they reach a failstate or lesser win state.
4.) Loops until they finish whodoneit normally or they choose guidance and finish it optimally.

Or something along those lines. Not being a major coder or whatever, challenges are probably having to do with keeping all changes to be self-contained within the loop. Other challenge is if a bunch of new flags are introduced for shit that isn't known yet (which is why a save before it starts is necessary in case user needs to go back to redo it later).

Last edited:

Zappyboi

Oct 1, 2018
We can wait for months for game update, why we can't wait just few days for the mod? (Beside my ballz is empty after last night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) so I can wait)

jakeal

May 11, 2021
As a reminder to anyone who wants to play before Sancho has a mod available, there is a Save Fixer in the OP to use so that are saves from the modded versions work in the meantime.

• Red Heart
Reactions: P3ltier

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
damn i sued lightp mod thinking it was the usaul mod..when i try to load save i got this error...
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'OOOOOO0O00O00OO00'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 768, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.6
Sat Jul 29 20:52:44 2023
[/CODE]

didn't know was sancho mod yet to be released..any info on when?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
damn i sued lightp mod thinking it was the usaul mod..when i try to load save i got this error...
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 768, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.6
Sat Jul 29 20:52:44 2023
[/CODE]

didn't know was sancho mod yet to be released..any info on when?
easiest thing would be to re-unpack the 0.6 zip and then either wait for Sancho to update or use the Save Fixer:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
As a reminder to anyone who wants to play before Sancho has a mod available, there is a Save Fixer in the OP to use so that are saves from the modded versions work in the meantime.
I forgot that I used this mod before, because it's not listed in the game page.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, I got sidetracked yesterday smoking briskets and updating another VN I had on my plate that I didn't mind rushing. I do mind rushing this one so that wasn't an option. My dumbass didn't realize it would take me 18hrs working straight to update that other VN though... so I had a bit of brain fry hangover this morning.

Basic rough status of update progress:
  • Core full update - done
  • ChoiceGuide - done
  • SanchoGallery - pending
  • SanchoCheats - done
  • Stat screens including recoding - done
  • Verified latest Core features working - done
  • Choreographing of MiniStat - done but needs speed runs to tweak details (to get it exactly correct)
  • That fucking free roam - skipped for now so I could knock out all the other update requirements for the moment
  • A ton of other coding requirements necessary each update - mostly done, resolving any not known as I go
ETA? ... dunno. The cake will be pulled from the oven when it's done. Otherwise you know I always make a post when I see light at the end of the tunnel.

This new free roam is pissing me off though. I read the replies above from those who had ideas on technique of coding it... but that's NOT the issue, I have the technical theory as I want it... the problem is the amount of hand holding balance. Think of last update's Halloween Party free roam as that took quite a bit of time for me to find what feels like an appropriate balance of a bit of unknown yet way more information that you would have had going in blind. Of course if you don't want hints I'm not going to code human presumption in lieu of simply allowing the user to press one hotkey to toggle the FR hints as they deem necessary.

Anyway... thought I'd take a few minutes break and at least give some perspective of where I'm at rather than folks thinking I'm slacking off, ignoring them, or otherwise leaving you in the dark. I've always been as transparent as possible, so there you have it. Now, time to get back to it.

T1NKYW1NKY

Nov 25, 2020
Yeah, I got sidetracked yesterday smoking briskets and updating another VN I had on my plate that I didn't mind rushing. I do mind rushing this one so that wasn't an option. My dumbass didn't realize it would take me 18hrs working straight to update that other VN though... so I had a bit of brain fry hangover this morning.

Basic rough status of update progress:
  • Core full update - done
  • ChoiceGuide - done
  • SanchoGallery - pending
  • SanchoCheats - done
  • Stat screens including recoding - done
  • Verified latest Core features working - done
  • Choreographing of MiniStat - done but needs speed runs to tweak details (to get it exactly correct)
  • That fucking free roam - skipped for now so I could knock out all the other update requirements for the moment
  • A ton of other coding requirements necessary each update - mostly done, resolving any not known as I go
ETA? ... dunno. The cake will be pulled from the oven when it's done. Otherwise you know I always make a post when I see light at the end of the tunnel.

This new free roam is pissing me off though. I read the replies above from those who had ideas on technique of coding it... but that's NOT the issue, I have the technical theory as I want it... the problem is the amount of hand holding balance. Think of last update's Halloween Party free roam as that took quite a bit of time for me to find what feels like an appropriate balance of a bit of unknown yet way more information that you would have had going in blind. Of course if you don't want hints I'm not going to code human presumption in lieu of simply allowing the user to press one hotkey to toggle the FR hints as they deem necessary.

Anyway... thought I'd take a few minutes break and at least give some perspective of where I'm at rather than folks thinking I'm slacking off, ignoring them, or otherwise leaving you in the dark. I've always been as transparent as possible, so there you have it. Now, time to get back to it.
nice. never a bad thing to take a break to smoke some briskets. now i want a brisket. cant wait to see the mod tho. been using it since 0.4 and it just made playing the game an overall better experience for me since I like to be hand held (I am a baby). was considering just playing 0.6 but seeing as saves get broken and I dont want the hassle of using the save fixer, id rather just wait it out. anyways, hope you're doing well. save some brisket for the rest of us.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
If it's too difficult to find a hot spot between being too descriptive and giving vague hints, I would say scrap that and opt for the first choice. After all, this is still a walkthrough mod (among other things)

Reactions: goonerfandango

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If it's too difficult to find a hot spot between being too descriptive and giving vague hints, I would say scrap that and opt for the first choice. After all, this is still a walkthrough mod (among other things)
Well, free roams are walkthrough requirement as well... only most modders can't code them or do a poor job at it (imo) so that's why I generally do it for these types of VN's. It's kinda what the mod is most recognized for... dynamic information in real time as you progress through complex free roams which, I admit, is a bitch to pull off. This isn't BaDIK difficult in those regards but it's technical enough... but I'm chipping away at it:
1690742719061.png

I'm even going into extremes by auto-switching the MiniStat from FR Guide to normal during extended scenes in between the FR events (easier to understand during playthrough, it'll be natural and aesthetic... you might not even notice it which is the point really).

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes