Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Yeah, I got sidetracked yesterday smoking briskets and updating another VN I had on my plate that I didn't mind rushing. I do mind rushing this one so that wasn't an option. My dumbass didn't realize it would take me 18hrs working straight to update that other VN though... so I had a bit of brain fry hangover this morning.

Basic rough status of update progress:
  • Core full update - done
  • ChoiceGuide - done
  • SanchoGallery - pending
  • SanchoCheats - done
  • Stat screens including recoding - done
  • Verified latest Core features working - done
  • Choreographing of MiniStat - done but needs speed runs to tweak details (to get it exactly correct)
  • That fucking free roam - skipped for now so I could knock out all the other update requirements for the moment
  • A ton of other coding requirements necessary each update - mostly done, resolving any not known as I go
ETA? ... dunno. The cake will be pulled from the oven when it's done. Otherwise you know I always make a post when I see light at the end of the tunnel.

This new free roam is pissing me off though. I read the replies above from those who had ideas on technique of coding it... but that's NOT the issue, I have the technical theory as I want it... the problem is the amount of hand holding balance. Think of last update's Halloween Party free roam as that took quite a bit of time for me to find what feels like an appropriate balance of a bit of unknown yet way more information that you would have had going in blind. Of course if you don't want hints I'm not going to code human presumption in lieu of simply allowing the user to press one hotkey to toggle the FR hints as they deem necessary.

Anyway... thought I'd take a few minutes break and at least give some perspective of where I'm at rather than folks thinking I'm slacking off, ignoring them, or otherwise leaving you in the dark. I've always been as transparent as possible, so there you have it. Now, time to get back to it.
what's the other avn you are rushing if you don't mind me asking

Reactions: Kayrahan91

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sir, where do you see any consequence with Baek on that choice? It doesn't force you to vote for her
SanchoMod's guide is dynamic but regardless:
  • If you choose Anna during Rnd2 then Baek is killed and you can't get her Eternums (money).
  • If you don't choose Anna then you don't see her outcome... so it's a mini-award fork (think path split).
That's a consequence in my book.
Do you not account for all of the possible Player's choices and previous decisions when creating your code?

Kenzie1122

Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, I got sidetracked yesterday smoking briskets and updating another VN I had on my plate that I didn't mind rushing. I do mind rushing this one so that wasn't an option. My dumbass didn't realize it would take me 18hrs working straight to update that other VN though... so I had a bit of brain fry hangover this morning.

Basic rough status of update progress:
  • Core full update - done
  • ChoiceGuide - done
  • SanchoGallery - pending
  • SanchoCheats - done
  • Stat screens including recoding - done
  • Verified latest Core features working - done
  • Choreographing of MiniStat - done but needs speed runs to tweak details (to get it exactly correct)
  • That fucking free roam - skipped for now so I could knock out all the other update requirements for the moment
  • A ton of other coding requirements necessary each update - mostly done, resolving any not known as I go
ETA? ... dunno. The cake will be pulled from the oven when it's done. Otherwise you know I always make a post when I see light at the end of the tunnel.

This new free roam is pissing me off though. I read the replies above from those who had ideas on technique of coding it... but that's NOT the issue, I have the technical theory as I want it... the problem is the amount of hand holding balance. Think of last update's Halloween Party free roam as that took quite a bit of time for me to find what feels like an appropriate balance of a bit of unknown yet way more information that you would have had going in blind. Of course if you don't want hints I'm not going to code human presumption in lieu of simply allowing the user to press one hotkey to toggle the FR hints as they deem necessary.

Anyway... thought I'd take a few minutes break and at least give some perspective of where I'm at rather than folks thinking I'm slacking off, ignoring them, or otherwise leaving you in the dark. I've always been as transparent as possible, so there you have it. Now, time to get back to it.

been using your mode for various VN game and frankly speaking the best mode when it comes to decision making.. have used it on Eternum 0.5 as well and it helps a lot especially crossing all the girls path.. keep up the good work yo! take your time bruhhh.. I don't mind waiting for the 0.6 mode to be out and most importantly it must be polished like how you did before bruhhh..

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
it must be polished
This is the reason it takes so much time tbh. I'm not actually taking my time, I'm working my ass off nonstop... just so you don't think I'm slacking. Minimum 16hrs/day right now... minimum. I'm done with that fucking Clonk free roam though... It's got a good balance of guidance and mystery still left in there for the Player's experience if they choose the guide. I've also populated additional stats that are almost certain to become relevant in future VN updates (and the outcome of that particular free roam event is one such outcome). There are no less than five different outcomes of that one free roam... but I got that sucker by the balls.

I'm on to populating SanchoGallery and tightening up the MiniStat choreograpy (which this VN is the most difficult due to the animation/transform methods of playthrough). It's a shit-ton of work, but I'm getting there. The other free roam looks easy enough to code so I don't expect the same conditional brain cripple as the first in this update.

Anyway, gotta get back to it. Thank you for your patience. I assure you it'll be worth the wait for those who manage to not play the VN update until the mod update is done. I've got you on this one... but it takes time to do it correctly... and polished :p .

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
SanchoMod's guide is dynamic but regardless:
  • If you choose Anna during Rnd2 then Baek is killed and you can't get her Eternums (money).
  • If you don't choose Anna then you don't see her outcome... so it's a mini-award fork (think path split).
That's a consequence in my book.
Do you not account for all of the possible Player's choices and previous decisions when creating your code?
I see, but I'd think that fits more into a hint for voting. And one can vote for Gemini in the 2nd round to keep Baek alive.
Not often, no. I don't aim to make the mod very complicated, just providing hints and trusting that people will choose the correct ones if they want them. I can't imagine investing so much time into it like you seem to do.

Even though you like shit-talking other modders, your mods are unique. Shame that multiple mods of the same type can't be listed in OPs anymore, I much preferred that.

Reactions: drashypoo

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I see, but I'd think that fits more into a hint for voting.
Well, you're forgetting that what if they Player wants to keep Gemini as a final ally. You see, the final contestant does matter... so a split with Anna's offer is relevant (imo) depending on what the Player wishes to choose as the outcome of the overall event. The final contestant chosen will matter in the future, dollars to doughnuts.

you like shit-talking other modders
Sorry you see it that way. I will always call bullshit when I see it, and it has nothing to do with anyone's category (such as "modder"), but rather the product of the effort. In the case of many so-called "coders" there are plenty of those that hack shit into making a dev's product into literal garbage, not taking into account the Player's experience, the dev's intentions, nor having the real technical abilities to understand what they are doing since they don't even understand the fundamental coding language.

If calling that out periodically is "shit-talking" then so be it, I see it as calling out inferior work at a minimum. If other folks can express their review and/or post criticism (positive or negative) of a VN in it's thread, then why not third-party add-ons? It's the same thing... I'm simply expressing my opinion. If that opinion is negative then that doesn't automatically classify is "shit-talking" imho. But that's okay, you have your opinion as well and that's fine. I respect that and other's opinions as well. My intent has never been to start flame wars, but I do care to express my opinion from time to time... I just don't generally sugar-coat it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since there are multiple possibilities there, I doubt it will be something more than a flavor appearance. But anything can happen, sure.
I'm noting the contestant's final summary, where each mention being in dept to the MC... and it's associated variable. Maybe nothing, but likely something. I'm hooking it for now... just like the XenoGun, etc. Better to account for it now than to have the Player required to restart from some previous update location when that can be eliminated (another reason I have suggested save points)... where to draw the line is certainly debatable though, so yeah, anything can happen.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Shame that multiple mods of the same type can't be listed in OPs anymore
Also... this is not the reason SanchoMod isn't listed. It's because it's me, there's way more to that situation than meets the eye. For example, I promise you that if a particular "someone else" listed a new mod today for the VN then you're OP listing would be out, and theirs in. It's happened to me on more than one occasion.. and to Joker as well as others. But when it's me, I'm out by default... because I call out the bullshit :ROFLMAO:. If I have the only mod listed in an OP and someone else posts one later in the thread (even though mine has the same feature already, probably even better quality such as a gallery or original music add-on) then they are added, no problem. Again, happened to me on more than one occasion.

It's a viscous circle of dirty laundry shenanigans behind the scenes. I'll leave it at that though. Reckon I've said more than I should. Good luck.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
yo im getting error from mega cant download the save remover
It's likely your firewall or ISP blocking it then... I'm not seeing any issues through several different VPN's:
1690848122031.png

But, if you give me a few more hours I'll have the mod update out most likely (if nothing else around my property doesn't have a massive malfunction like the 4" water line that ruptured a couple hours ago... I'm in bit of trouble here in the middle of nowhere).

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes