Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Are the "SanchoNotes" supposed to be blank in these menus during this freeroam? I noticed the purple parenthesis and I thought maybe there wasn't a variable or something. It showed the same way during the first round vote. Thanks bud.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yep, I hadn't found a conditional type I preferred and that particular SanchoNote only displays at Round 3+ so if you are on Round 2 or less then it's blank but the damn prefix stays. I'll have to figure another way to resolve nulled SN's. Same goes with the Event guide (notice in your pic the purple parenthesis), this is the same issue I've never really sorted but I need to.

Reactions: BrockLanders

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Yep, I hadn't found a conditional type I preferred and that particular SanchoNote only displays at Round 3+ so if you are on Round 2 or less then it's blank but the damn prefix stays. I'll have to figure another way to resolve nulled SN's. Same goes with the Event guide (notice in your pic the purple parenthesis), this is the same issue I've never really sorted but I need to.
Thank you. I get a little choice paralysis sometimes because I don't often like replaying VNs to backtrack my choices. I hoped it didn't quite matter who was left at the end of the game (except Nova).

I really do appreciate you. It's definitely been worth the wait for your mod so far!

Henry_of_Skalitz

Jun 1, 2019
Sancho, I'm guaranteed to die in the Andromeda section even though I chose the pendant in Ch1. I tried this save in an unmodded version of the game using the save fixer and the issue persists there as well. When I play through the game in the unmodded version this does not happen. This is in a new game started in version 0.6 with the newest version of your mod.

Thank you for all the great work you do!

Andromeda Death.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho, I'm guaranteed to die in the Andromeda section even though I chose the pendant in Ch1. I tried this save in an unmodded version of the game using the save fixer and the issue persists there as well. When I play through the game in the unmodded version this does not happen. This is in a new game started in version 0.6 with the newest version of your mod.

Thank you for all the great work you do!

View attachment 2818006
That's.... that should be impossible. That SanchoNote is tied directly to the MiniStat. The MiniStat says you chose Pendant, the choice guide HAS to reflect the same. The only way that's possible is if you changed ChopChop in SanchoCheats while on that menu choice (it's a RenPy thing, RenPy does NOT update choice menu text on variable changes while on-screen). If that's what you did then you will not "die" as the variable is changed hard via SanchoCheats. If you want to be certain I'm not bullshitting you then rollback one screen prior to that choice, then in SanchoCheats change ChopChop to "Pendant", then go forward in the game one screen to get that choice menu and the menu text will refresh. This is not a mod issue but the way RenPy works internally (It's like this on every RenPy VN, Menu text does NOT change according to variable changes while on-screen, it's basically hard text while displayed).

Make sense? I'm betting you used SanchoCheats while on that menu choice... that's the only way that's possible to have the MiniStat say "Pendant" and the ChoiceGuide to not refresh text.... unless you're playing in a black hole... or in Australia.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you. I get a little choice paralysis sometimes because I don't often like replaying VNs to backtrack my choices. I hoped it didn't quite matter who was left at the end of the game (except Nova).

I really do appreciate you. It's definitely been worth the wait for your mod so far!
I think it might matter who is left at the end of Clonk but WTF do I know, I certainly ain't the dev and we don't correspond like I do with other dev teams (or I'd know and keep it a secret, simply not saying anything about it). But if it does in the future then I'll code a new SanchoCheat for it for those who don't wish to replay if it becomes a significant thing in the future (like the ChopChop purchase noted in the above Player's issue). Some of these things we just don't know if they matter or not until they do in the future... but we'll always find a way around it as needed.

Henry_of_Skalitz

Jun 1, 2019
That's.... that should be impossible. That SanchoNote is tied directly to the MiniStat. The MiniStat says you chose Pendant, the choice guide HAS to reflect the same. The only way that's possible is if you changed ChopChop in SanchoCheats while on that menu choice (it's a RenPy thing, RenPy does NOT update choice menu text on variable changes while on-screen). If that's what you did then you will not "die" as the variable is changed hard via SanchoCheats. If you want to be certain I'm not bullshitting you then rollback one screen prior to that choice, then in SanchoCheats change ChopChop to "Pendant", then go forward in the game one screen to get that choice menu and the menu text will refresh. This is not a mod issue but the way RenPy works internally (It's like this on every RenPy VN, Menu text does NOT change according to variable changes while on-screen, it's basically hard text while displayed).

Make sense? I'm betting you used SanchoCheats while on that menu choice... that's the only way that's possible to have the MiniStat say "Pendant" and the ChoiceGuide to not refresh text.... unless you're playing in a black hole... or in Australia.
That makes a lot of sense, only the chop chop cheat is somehow not available in this save. I guess that means I'm in Australia *shudders*. I started a new save though and the cheat is available there, so I guess that's problem solved? Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That makes a lot of sense, only the chop chop cheat is somehow not available in this save.
What the...

Bud, I'm not sure what the heck you've done at this point. SanchoCheats for this VN doesn't populate according to Update Version (like some of my other mods that populate cheats as you progress). All cheats for the VN are available from the very start so it's impossible for any one of them to be hidden (in the code). I think you should call an exorcist if strange things start happening around your place bud, something really fucked up is going on...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I looked at the code again and I see zero issue with ChopChop.

Whatever is going on can't be worse than this guy... who could have easily fucked up his windoze registry dicking around with the mod files. Some folks that dig around files on their machines are basically striking matches at night around an overturned fuel tanker so they can see the damage. Shit's not going to end well...

• Haha
Reactions: Tarakis

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
First.. Don't question my current "path".. :p This is only one of my 11 playthroughs. :p
(possibly end up with more later. And this is why I love your Mod Sancho!)

However.. Sancho1969 not sure if you made a boo boo here.. but...

As seen in the screenshots, it's mentioned in the choice "tool tip" that it's +2 for Annie..
However... Annie is not there(and I don't know if it'll affect her later, as I'm in middle of playing RN.)
Alex gets a +2 at the choice of ganking this individual though.

I'm far from half way through my planned playthroughs, so dunno if there's any other "flukes" yet.
But so far, 3 of my "paths" up until start of chapter 6(plus this one), I've seen no other "boo boos"(or noticed at the least).

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
First.. Don't question my current "path".. :p This is only one of my 11 playthroughs. :p

As seen in the screenshots, it's mentioned in the choice "tool tip" that it's +2 for Annie..
However... Annie is not there(and I don't know if it'll affect her later, as I'm in middle of playing RN.)

I'm far from half way through my planned playthroughs, so dunno if there's any other "flukes" yet.
But so far, 3 of my "paths" up until start of chapter 6(plus this one), I've seen no other "boo boos"(or noticed at the least).
This should have already been fixed and the OP updated (been a couple so far) ... but it is Alex getting the points, it's just a typo.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

See post here bud. Just re-DL and reinstall if desired. It's non-critical, Alex gets the relp, I just had the wrong character var associated previously but that's been resolved now. Regards.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
This should have already been fixed and the OP updated (been a couple so far) ... but it is Alex getting the points, it's just a typo.
Good good.. :)

Guess I'll redownload the mod and update after I'm done with this run. ><
A little typo, shouldn't bork any of my playthroughs in any case upon reinstalling the updated mod. ><

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
See post here bud. Just re-DL and reinstall if desired. It's non-critical, Alex gets the relp, I just had the wrong character var associated previously but that's been resolved now. Regards.
Yeh.. I was just slow on the trigger. :LOL:
Between lots of iRL BS, and what little time I've had so far to put into the game past couple days,
I've been slacking! ><

Will clean up my install and slap in the updated mod after this run! :)

And Thank You for your magnificent work on the mod btw! :D

Being the "idiot" I am and do way too many playthroughs in certain "games",
your mods really helps me a lot to keep track of my "non-pure" playthroughs.
In-fact, I even wait for your updates before even doing my pure ones.
(cuz usually by the time you've done your work of art, the games would have had an update, if there's any critical bugs.)
As it's so easy to turn off the features of your mods for those runs any way,
and then turn on the features I want for my "what if scenarios".

Cheers! :)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Between lots of iRL BS, and what little time I've had...
I'm in this same boat. I've so much IRL shit going on the last few weeks it's amazing I'm able to keep these updates going. Well, not amazing, I just miss some hours of sleep I rekcon. Busy days, busy nights. Thanks for the kind words and glad mods I actually make for my personal use have benefit to you and others as well. Now, if I could just get that dang good karma bump... :ROFLMAO:

NedaiEel

Dec 28, 2018
SanchoMod Update (v0.6)
View attachment 2815915 View attachment 2815916 View attachment 2815917
Go get you some.

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Been patiently waiting for this thank you sancho love your work :PogChamp::PogChamp::PogChamp:

Reactions: Sancho1969

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just to got caught up with the Dev. The humour at times on this game cracks me up. And don't blame MC, William kinda gives me the creeps too. However, no problems I could see from the mod, and the mini stats, now that I've gotten use to using it for the Freeroam sections of the game, it has been LOADs of help. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Someone's probably mentioned it but all the new gallery scenes are listed as being Regina rather than the actual character in them.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Someone's probably mentioned it but all the new gallery scenes are listed as being Regina rather than the actual character in them.

plot twist, Regina comes in to every scene and fucks us over with each girl, getting them to hate the MC and end their path :Kappa:

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes