Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I could be wrong but I believe the reason you can't *sell* HS games is that their EULA gives THEM ownership of stuff created in it. So that could technically be an obstacle too. Though if you're not making money I don't see why they'd care - but I am not a lawyer. :shrug:
Yeah, that's true, but I'm not going to sell nor creating any copy aside for a single one and that would be it. :)

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
In her Glory Holeness? Oh wait... :KEK: :KappaPride:

-----

And I would love to participate in those wild story speculations but after around 8hs of learning, my brain is like "Na bro, I've closed for the day and you're on your own with those text walls... :cool:" :HideThePain:
ROTFL!!!
Just you wait when I will create the statue of Luna..... and post the pics here....
ANGEL.gif

Paladin_76

Jan 18, 2022
-Updates progress tracker every 8-10 days

-Has one of the most consistent release schedules among AVN devs at the moment (6 to 6 and a half months of dev work per update)

-Consistently posts previews and wallpapers on his Patreon Page for higher-tier subscribers to enjoy

-Still gets accused of abandoning his game

View attachment 3124346
I don't recall accusing anyone of anything. I think one or two of you folks are just a smidge too sensetive. Relax snowflake, it'll be ok. It was a simple question that got answered politely like 57 times.

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
Just some corrections: what I was proposing in the theory post about the state of Eternum is that the "natural" cycle used to be Birth of Soul -> Life -> Death -> Afterlife, so basically a linear progression. After Acheron was sealed though, it became an "unnatural" cycle of death and rebirth, where the soul is used up as material for reincarnation until it breaks down to the point that it can no longer reincarnate. So once all is said and done, the original state of Eternum will likely return and all of the souls trapped will be sent to their respective afterlives instead of faffing about in Eternum/the Astral Plane.

Originally that theory comes with the idea that said soul gets rebooted again once the Founder reboots the universe (which to a spirit is likely a living hell of sorts). But after some reruns with the game and the revelations of Caly's tale, it could be that I might be wrong about the Founder and that he instead might either be the Eldari or Y'liar (more of that in this post) and that the souls that can no longer reincarnate are doomed to wander Eternum as noncorporeal voices in the wind...or alternatively, as the Lady in Black tells it, "they all go back to the same box."

I still think that the Gems are the Caribdiverse version of the Sephirot tho. The similarities in their descriptions are just too damn close to be considered a coincidence.
Yup I get it, my theory that it works the other way (souls are trapped within Eternum and can't be reborn) is just to consider other options, I didn't actually went into deep to check if it makes sense ;) For now I think we can only be sure that Eternum is disturbing the natural order/flow of souls, but it's anybody's guess what's this order actually is.

As for Gems - my knowledge about Sephirot is minimal, so I won't try to write something about it just for sake of writing and wasting everybody's time :p a question though - wasn't each Sephirot described deifferently? I mean each had different meaning, while Gems are simply 10 similar pieces (or at least that what we are told by now). I can be wrong though, as that's the knowledge I gained during playthrough Witcher 1 ages ago (there were also Sephirs which were kinda based on Sephirots I guess).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Huh interesting :D the longer I think about it, the more mysterious and interesting these two are. But I'm still convinced that Luna is somehow connected with Lady in Black :p

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
As for Gems - my knowledge about Sephirot is minimal, so I won't try to write something about it just for sake of writing and wasting everybody's time :p a question though - wasn't each Sephirot described deifferently? I mean each had different meaning, while Gems are simply 10 similar pieces (or at least that what we are told by now). I can be wrong though, as that's the knowledge I gained during playthrough Witcher 1 ages ago (there were also Sephirs which were kinda based on Sephirots I guess).
Each Sephirah (just to clear confusion: Sephirah is for the individual gem while Sephirot is for the group) has a different name and attribute associated to it, yes. But the physical characteristics/descriptions about them are that they're ten in number and that they're associated with sapphire*.

*Yeah I know that the individual attributes have associated colors, but the name itself is derived from Sapphire...

Screenshot_20231129_092153_Samsung Internet.jpg

...and knowing how Cari basically created his own version of Astaroth in OIAL (which, if you look at the source texts (mainly the Kabbalah and the Lesser Key of Solomon...and no, contrary to what Lord Magnus said in OIAL he does NOT exist or is identified in Christian texts as a demon, but rather as a foreign god like Baal in the Hebrew Bible), is a faaaaar different beast compared to his original iterations), I wouldn't be surprised if he just lifted the most basic aspects/info of the Sephirot and cobbled his own version out of it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

somedude0190

May 9, 2020
So if it's just shy of 60% does that mean a good thought of a possible release is in the next 2 to 3 months (maybe mid Feb). Not trying to rush by any means I am loving this game it's on my short list for best one I have ever played. I won't lie though I wish I was super rich and could send a bunch of money to help hire more people of quality to speed up parts he would be able to outsource. Patience has never really been my virtue but I am also a week to week anime guy so I will deal with the pain of the wait lol. I hope everyone had a great holiday and has an amazing week :)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
So if it's just shy of 60% does that mean a good thought of a possible release is in the next 2 to 3 months (maybe mid Feb). Not trying to rush by any means I am loving this game it's on my short list for best one I have ever played. I won't lie though I wish I was super rich and could send a bunch of money to help hire more people of quality to speed up parts he would be able to outsource. Patience has never really been my virtue but I am also a week to week anime guy so I will deal with the pain of the wait lol. I hope everyone had a great holiday and has an amazing week :)
February is the likely release month if Cari keeps up with his current work pace, yes (unless he pushes himself hard in the last stretch, in which case we might get a late January release but that's just wishful thinking IMO). No way he's gonna delay beyond that unless IRL shit happens. /knocks on wood

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I remember Caribdis saying no sneak peeks for a while because they are all massive spoilers
Well the month's not done so he could sneak a few at the last minute, lol.

And IIRC he specifically said he can't post sneaks of what he's making at the time because they're spoilery so he has to wait until he collects enough sneaks of the non-spoilery sort. That was a week ago though so who knows if he already has acquired enough for a sneak peek post by then, lol.

...On the other hand he could just post the sneaks on the 24th or 25th next month as some sort of Christmas Gift to the subscribers...:unsure:

An known

Sep 16, 2021
I feel like this theory should be discarded in light of 0.6's revelations but I suppose the Ulysses connection is still apt if it's revealed that the Founder is indeed Y'liar and Idriel is Anima...if only because I think their relationship somewhat mirrors Ulysses and Circe (and to some extent, a reverse of Ulysses and Calypso's relationship) in the Odyssey story.
Do you think that Caribdis written some plots in Eternum as a kinda reversed version of Odysseys?

From Ulysses (Odysseys) being the antagonist,
And instead of Calypso trapping Ulysses in the Ogygia
it's Ulysses trapping Calypso in Ogygia.

Also from what I remember the one of the most known thing about Circe is she turned Ulysses (Odysseus) men into pigs.

And if your gonna think of it (if your theory that is Idriel the Caribdis version of Circe) if roles reversed it will be Ulysses (Odysseus) turning her people into something else (not pigs) maybe the Praetorians or NPCs?

Maybe there's a possibility that if there are some plots in Eternum that will be added it will be also reversed... Maybe?

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
February is the likely release month if Cari keeps up with his current work pace, yes (unless he pushes himself hard in the last stretch, in which case we might get a late January release but that's just wishful thinking IMO). No way he's gonna delay beyond that unless IRL shit happens. /knocks on wood
Man, February is when the next slew of games are coming out. So not only will our wallets tank but our balls will be emptied...

Dangit Cari, you really know how to cliffhang the Eternum crew.

>_<

4.80 star(s) 893 Votes