An known

Sep 16, 2021
At this point I'm definitely going on Pitrik side, man.... That would would be, yeah no, no thanks...
I don't have enough good bleach available for that....
I mean worse would only be a Regina/Axel scene...
Micaela - Chang won't happen because it's gore.
No one wants to watch a live coverage of Death by snu-snu.:KEK:
Especially because I agree with Dorf suggestion that Nova and Annie would have worked fantastically as a single character
So you are saying we can remove Nova and have Annie as Nova's character?
Seems like a good idea to me. :Kappa:

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Also, funny you mention RPGs to justify having a larger harem because the optimal party in a DnD campaign is usually 4 to 5. 8 is usually JRPG tier and even then you have problems trying to juggle them from a narrative perspective, with some instances showing some not being developed like the others (i.e. Amarant, Quina, and Post-Cleyra Freya from FF9).
I think you have misunderstood me here. That wasn't to justify a larger harem, but to point out that it's uncommon for characters to develop both weapon and magic combat skills (or thieving and healing, or...). Not unheard of, sure. But characters that do this will need to put in twice as much time as someone focusing on one of those skills. They advance slower than someone focusing on a more limited set of skills. That was my justification for a larger group to take on the mystery of Eternum, which is entirely separate from whether they are all also LIs (i.e. being an LI is not a necessary condition for being part of the quest group).

I agree that juggling a larger collection of characters is more difficult, 4 to 5 is easier. But I think Eternum does it very well. I don't get the feeling that any of the main cast is less developed than the others, except perhaps where they were introduced later (Calypso).

I think part of the disconnect here is you're looking at the story on a per update basis. I'm not. I came in late (started playing at 0.5). I'm not even sure where the boundaries between updates were before the end of 0.5. So to me, no one is benched because they're all still part of the story and all contributing to figuring out what's going on. None of them are ever sitting on the sidelines. Is the whole group together in every scene? No. That doesn't mean the characters not in the current scene are benched.

And I think you'd lose a lot by merging characters. Nova's cuteness is very different to Annie's. Annie's adorable status wouldn't be the same if she had Nova's off the wall wacko behaviour.

We can't know what Eternum would have been like if there had been fewer characters from the start. It might have been better. Or not.

I wonder if you will see it differently when the story is done and you're not having to wait for two updates to spend time with all the girls because there's only so much space in one?

Look, the reason why I even made the comment about merging (or even trimming) isn't just about the "benching" issue. For all my criticisms about it, OIAL actually did one thing better compared to Eternum: and that was Lauren and Judie's constant presence and development throughout ALL of the entire story. Those 2 never got benched, and they always were with the MC in just about every step of his quest to take down the SoA. And that's something (likely the ONLY thing) that I miss from that game, and is why I was advocating for a smaller harem so that ALL of them get enough screentime per update.

Again, this is simply just my opinion on the matter. You can disagree, it's fine. And at the end of the day, this is Cari's work and this is how he wanted the story to be, so I respect him enough to not be anal about it and I sure as hell don't want him to course correct or anything. All I suggested was that maybe in the next game he would consider having a smaller cast so that all of them gets enough screen time and development per update, just like how Lauren and Judie did back in the early days.
I still have to finish OIAL. I was distracted by other AVNs. While I love Judie and Lauren, the rest of the characters haven't grabbed me the way the Eternum ones have, and nor has the story. But I played enough that I think I understand what you mean about Judy and Lauren being a near-constant presence. I do like that. But I also like the more sprawling group we have here, even if I'd trim it a little (but definitely keep Luna, Nova, Annie, and Alex; and Dalia and Penny because sisters).

Like you, I'm not suggesting anything change. It's way too late for that and I'd miss the current group. As for what will come after Eternum is completed, we'll see when we get there. Caribdis may agree with you. He may choose a main cast sized somewhere between OIAL and Eternum. I trust that whatever he does we'll enjoy it. We may like and dislike different aspects, but hey, that's life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
But in what we have now, the girls are unique but if you haven't noticed, Nova takes a GOOD chunk of screen time and either Penny or Dalia suffers and gets shoved a bit to the side in an update not focused on them. Right now, it's Luna.
I can't say I noticed this, either on my first play through from the beginning to 0.5, or when replaying from the beginning through to the latest update.

You are probably right that it's not perfectly balanced*, but at no time has it seemed as unbalanced as this makes it sound.

* and I see no reason it should be. Forcing every significant character to have the exact same amount of screen time isn't a good way to write a story.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
I can't say I noticed this, either on my first play through from the beginning to 0.5, or when replaying from the beginning through to the latest update.

You are probably right that it's not perfectly balanced*, but at no time has it seemed as unbalanced as this makes it sound.

* and I see no reason it should be. Forcing every significant character to have the exact same amount of screen time isn't a good way to write a story.
yup. some of the girls are more eternum relevant than the others

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
...Not really.

I have made my peace in accepting that I love the ass (and maybe the floof that she calls her hair)...

...That doesn't extend to the rest of Nova tho. :BootyTime:
Daaaaw! :love: :love: :love:
Though Annie's butt is peachy and bubbly as well man... I mean..
It's pretty huggable and kissable in my opinion....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
View attachment 3213424
View attachment 3213426
View attachment 3213428
View attachment 3213429
I swear guys i almost fell down my chair laughing during this entire scene it was fuckin hilarious..these two are crazy insane and sooo fuckin funny i wish Luna summons them and their brother Triangle Head again in the upcoming update lmao..:KEK::KEK::KEK:
And apart from Penny's photo where she appeared with her, that was just her entire screen time in v0.6. But the upcoming update will have her put on the spotlight again, perhaps she might summon somebody new, and it'd very amusing to have Luna, just like how Calypso was brought to Warthogs, summoning Pyramid Head doing something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
View attachment 3213424
View attachment 3213426
View attachment 3213428
View attachment 3213429
I swear guys i almost fell down my chair laughing during this entire scene it was fuckin hilarious..these two are crazy insane and sooo fuckin funny i wish Luna summons them and their brother Triangle Head again in the upcoming update lmao..:KEK::KEK::KEK:
Hey... how about Penny?
Everyone forget that Penny could summon too...:HideThePain:
IMG_20231229_111728.jpg
IMG_20231229_111745.jpg
She summoned:
Kermit, the frog with Jerry's will.
I hope Penny will also summon something next update.:)

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes