DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
To be fair to other games on this site when comparing them to Eternum/OIAL. The "game" aspect of them is as simplistic as you could possibly get and still call it a game. The most complicated behind the scene's aspect of coding this thing is an if statement. Other games get slightly more complex.

I generally find the games that have the most reliable update schedules are more just VNs with images from 3D engines and less actually games.

Bravo for how reliable Caribdis is with his updates and how fun it is, but I think it's an unrealistic standard to use to compare to many games with some actual gameplay.
Yeah, but there's plenty of Visual Novels on this site that have irregular updates and/or set unrealistic expectations, even if they aren't mechanics heavy. Caribdis... knows what this is, knows how to pace themselves, and knows how to set expectations. This is something that should be applauded, especially since while it may not have the mechanical complexity of other games, or visual novels that try to shoehorn in mechanical complexity (i.e. Hero's Harem Guild), this game does have really well done visuals and it's very clear the author is upping their visual game compared to their previous work Once in a Lifetime. The animations that they do, as well scene setup, take a fair amount of investment, much like mechanical complexity might.

Though yeah, if someone is comparing this to some sort of 1st/3rd person 3D unity exploration/adventure game, that's like an apples to oranges sort of thing.

Overall it's refreshing to see an author that is... dare I say... professional?

Anyhow, there's a lot of work with mechanical complexity but I don't want this to be taken as a means of saying that the animation and artwork that they're doing is "simple" in comparison, because it's not.

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
I'm jealous of the person who stumbles across Eternum after its development is done and gets to play through the game without waiting on updates. This VN is incredible.
Its cool to know that this game might be done in 3 years...
This week I came across a game that has like 6 years in the making and considering that it have like 5 sex scenes I dont think its any close to an end.
Also this metaverse premise its pretty unique right now. I think there isnt any other game with this trope

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yes. Yes… Luna, Nancy, Penelope… all wonderful as well. All the girls in Eternum are top tier, and superior to most of the best girls from other games.
Yeah, same for Once in a Lifetime, i'm normaly rather picky about the LI's, reject at least half of them.
But caribdis makes really good characters, be it LI's or side characters, like stabby Mike or Panzer VI Tiger Heavy Tank Jack, terror of the german steppes.

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Yeah, same for Once in a Lifetime, i'm normaly rather picky about the LI's, reject at least half of them.
But caribdis makes really good characters, be it LI's or side characters, like stabby Mike or Panzer VI Tiger Heavy Tank Jack, terror of the german steppes.
Stabby > Chang > Chop Chop > Swole Jack > Every girl

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Isn't there that saying that the last 1% of work takes the longest?

Don't wanna kill the excitement, but just curious about devs work.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020

Well, so far Caridbis has worked at a very steady pace. I believe you might see the chapter by the end of next week or any time the week after.

Reactions: Kinky Bully

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020

Please be patient, young one! Quality is more important than rushing work.
Besides the pacing is quite well from the dev. And he mages to deliver.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020

on the 6th they posted:

My next post (probably during the weekend) will be the changelog, where I'll specify the release dates for each tier. However, I can already say quite safely that Eternum v0.3 will be released next week, so I give you permission to start getting hyped!
so it's due any day now. Probably around the 15th for demon lords maybe?

4.80 star(s) 918 Votes