Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
I have read this argument a couple of time now, what problem had steam with HS(2) games?
There have been other posts put up since I typed this, but I'm not letting this typing go to waste! lol

HS2 is an actual GAME made by Illusion that has a studio in it, where you can set up characters, make poses, record scenes, and more. Add some mods and you've got quite a thing to make your own projects. It's a scene and character creator all rolled up into one nice package. That being said, technically speaking you own nothing you make in the game... Illusion does. The best way to equate it would be to compare it to making Machinma... a lot of game companies are fine with you making your own stuff with their property so long as you don't attempt to fully sell it as a big product. Things like youtube vids and patreon typically run in a gray area that's fine.

By comparison, games made with other programs like Daz, or if you make your own characters and backgrounds in Blender or Maya... those are YOURS. Or if you paid for them. You can do whatever you want with them. RPGMaker and Unity (and even Unreal) have similar things where you can use their game engine for free for small projects but if you want to go mainstream then they need a slice of that pie.

The only way to take a game made using HS2 mainstream is if Illusion themselves was willing to publish it, or grant permission for someone else (like F!) to do so.

skryks

Mar 16, 2018
WOW , after some months waiting , realy got an very big and interesting update .
Same time with AWAM , 4 months of update = 2 scenes = 7 min max
Eternum i played more than a hour , even skiped some dialogues ... Briliant game and Developer
I do realy need to subscribe to him :)

4.80 star(s) 876 Votes