ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
i judge it off time spent on the update. it was 8 months for that update, when the previous two were much richer in content and had less time spent on them. i just really hate seeing wegs nowadays take over half a year for a single update
I guess you don't approve of vacations and taking time to recharge? If so, I expect you to be working 60-70 hours a week, no time to yourself on weekends, and no vacation days. Ever. You need to work at least half days on holidays, as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
I guess you don't approve of vacations and taking time to recharge? If so, I expect you to be working 60-70 hours a week, no time to yourself on weekends, and no vacation days. Ever. You need to work at least half days on holidays, as well.
I saw Luffy's hat for a moment there :HideThePain:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
i judge it off time spent on the update. it was 8 months for that update, when the previous two were much richer in content and had less time spent on them. i just really hate seeing wegs nowadays take over half a year for a single update
Except 0.5 nearly burnt Cari out that he had to switch to a longer schedule* and with 0.6 he powered through while he was sick just to make the Collector whodunit event work due to the myriad of variables present. 0.7 was likely a sort of breather for him since he took nearly a month of vacation time during the Christmas and New Year holiday period - something that he never usually does but is long overdue given the amount of people on Discord telling him to actually take a break or a short vacation - before he went back in the saddle. That left his animator to do the heavy lifting this update as we've seen with the jump of the scene quality this time around.

Screenshot_20240425_125259_Patreon.jpg

At the very least he has promised in the last 0.7 progress report that he will see 0.8 released with a shorter dev time (or at the very least similar to the dev time of 0.7) and with 4 scenes instead of 3. Whether he manages to go through with it remains to be seen, but given that he's a fucking workaholic that had to be reigned in, I wouldn't be surprised if he is indeed capable of going faster (at the cost of his sanity).

Screenshot_20240425_130104_Patreon.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
No, seriously, it was horrible...

We only got....

/s
hmmm..... double /s means serious, right? :LOL:

Only thing I can slightly oppose is Luna being best girl. All the LIs are the best. It's like comparing infinite, they are all infinite you can't compare them. For me the best girl is whichever LI on the screen. When we have Luna scene she is the best, when we have Alex scene she is the best and so on. Tbh, this is weird for me. Usually I choose one immediately and stick with her.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
hmmm..... double /s means serious, right? :LOL:

Only thing I can slightly oppose is Luna being best girl. All the LIs are the best. It's like comparing infinite, they are all infinite you can't compare them. For me the best girl is whichever LI on the screen. When we have Luna scene she is the best, when we have Alex scene she is the best and so on. Tbh, this is weird for me. Usually I choose one immediately and stick with her.
yeah I like all the LI about equally in this expect when Nova and Luna are on screen at the same time as another girl as I find I enjoy their interactions the most.

Karla Jean

Oct 5, 2022
No, seriously, it was horrible...

We only got....

/s
I kinda agree with him. This chapter wasn't bad, it's a world away from being bad, but it is probably my least favorite of the updates. Sex scenes are great, but they're not why I play the game and the closer he gets with these girls the more skeezy it feels for him to be running around on them. The Gothic Horror world is a nice concept, but we didn't spend a lot of time there (especially since it was split in two) and dropped the horror for goofy humor for most of it (which again was good but not what I was looking for).

So... Yeah. I can't complain he's taking his time, mental health is important and it's not like I'm paying for something I'm not getting. Being impatient is my problem, not his. And it's great content even if it's not specifically what I wanted in the amounts I wanted. But for me it is the longest wait for the least satisfying chapter.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I kinda agree with him. This chapter wasn't bad, it's a world away from being bad, but it is probably my least favorite of the
Eh, I guess you can't make everyone happy.

I personally don't see the issue of splitting Gothic horror into two, loved the goofy humor, feels it's kinda inevitable that you're skeezy if you're trying a harem.

Also, pro tip: If you don't wanna be skeezy, I think there's plenty of options to lock yourself out of some of the girl's routes. You may even want to try locking out of everyone's routes except for your personal best girl (cough, Luna, cough) so you can role-play a "pure love" scenerio.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Also, pro tip: If you don't wanna be skeezy, I think there's plenty of options to lock yourself out of some of the girl's routes. You may even want to try locking out of everyone's routes except for your personal best girl (cough, Luna, cough) so you can role-play a "pure love" scenerio.
haha I thought about doing this when I replay the game next but don't know if I have in me to say no to Penny , Nova , Luna , and maybe Alex. The rest I could probably say no to easier

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
haha I thought about doing this when I replay the game next but don't know if I have in me to say no to Penny , Nova , Luna , and maybe Alex. The rest I could probably say no to easier
When in doubt, make four saves :)

One save per one route/gal.

Or use the almighty...

Also, WTF no Annie (2nd best girl)?! WTF Bro! Heathen! What is this sacrilege :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
When in doubt, make four saves :)

One save per one route/gal.

Or use the almighty...

Also, WTF no Annie (2nd best girl)?! WTF Bro! Heathen! What is this sacrilege :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
haha I know im a monster but Annie is actually my least favorite main girl ( I still like her just not in comparison)

PS: that fidget spinner hates Nova over 30 spins she didn't win once and chang won most of the time.

Karla Jean

Oct 5, 2022
Eh, I guess you can't make everyone happy.

I personally don't see the issue of splitting Gothic horror into two, loved the goofy humor, feels it's kinda inevitable that you're skeezy if you're trying a harem.
Yeah, but there's "We're in a casual relationship and haven't had a conversation about whether we're exclusive" skeeze (Nancy, Penelope, Alex, Dalia) and there's "This girl is clearly very serious about this relationship and I'm not telling her" skeeze (Nova, Luna, Annie). Especially since Nancy straight up asks him if he's fooling around with other women and he says no. That's fucked up and while I think Caribdis is going to do something with that over the next few chapters in this one it just feels gross.

fearjam

May 5, 2019
is there really no new content between 7.0 and 7.5? changelog just says bugfixes... that'd be super lame for a .5 update

4.80 star(s) 878 Votes