Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
You can't report every reviews just because they have 1-star rating. It is freedom of speech. He wasn't trolling or something. He gave 1-star because he didn't like the game. That's it. There is not a rule that EVERYONE must love Eternum.
That doesn't mean it should get a 1-star review though. Something being bad and not liking something are two different things.

If you don't like a game, that objectively is at the very least good, but doesn't cater to your taste, you shouldn't review it or if you do it anyway, you should be grown-up enough to still realize that it is good, even if it isn't what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a 6-seater with 3 tons of towing capacity and you somehow end-up testing a Bugatti Chiron and a Rolls Royce Phantom for that purpose, both cars don't become bad cars just because they don't do what you're specifically looking for. You were simply looking for the wrong thing.

In no way is Eternum a bad VN, no matter what kinks or expectations you have of it. The writing and the art stay top-notch, even if you don't like to read that much or you don't like the more manga style HS 2 comes with.

Sure, if you take "reviews" simply as a statement of taste, than you can give 5 stars to whatever you like the best, but that is not how I understand reviews.

Last edited:

Steuan

May 3, 2024
That doesn't mean it should get a 1-star review though. Something being bad and not liking something are two different things.

If you don't like a game, that objectively is at the very least good, but doesn't cater to your taste, you shouldn't review it or if you do it anyway, you should be grown-up enough to still realize that it is good, even if it isn't what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a 6-seater with 3 tons of towing capacity and you somehow end-up testing a Bugatti Chiron and a Rolls Royce Phantom for that purpose, both cars don't become bad cars just because they don't do what you're specifically looking for. You were simply looking for the wrong thing.

In no way is Eternum a bad VN, no matter what kinks or expectations you have of it. The writing and the art stay top-notch, even if you don't like to read that much or you don't like the more manga style HS 2 comes with.

Sure, if you take "reviews" simply as a statement of taste, than you can give 5 stars to whatever you like the best, but that is not how I understand reviews.
Yet it is still super subjective, isn't it? Everyone has their own taste and can review a game anyway they want. I mean, ofc, trolling or insulting cannot be tolerated but that dude said he didn't like the game and rated 1-star. That's all. It's freedom of speech. Eternum is def a 5-stars game for me but obviously not for him.

4.80 star(s) 915 Votes