quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Random question. Do you guys read Orion's lines in an English accent or American accent in your head?
I think he didn't live long enough in England to adopt an English accent. A person's accent is, I believe, formed early and from their surrounding environment, though it can adapt a little over time in the right circumstances. I know people who have lived in England for many years, arriving as adults, and do not have more than maybe a hint of an English accent, their original accent almost completely intact. Their daughter, born in England, has a very English accent, not influenced by that of her parents but by her friends as she grew up. Orion was young enough that his accent is probably mostly American with an English influence.

Then again, somehow Orion forgot what miles were while living in England, so who knows what goes on in that weird brain of his :ROFLMAO:.

The true question would be: which English accent. There are many. He lived in London but that doesn't narrow it down. London is filled with people from all over the UK.

I read the accents sort of neutral, as I do with most things. Consistently doing an accent you don't know well is difficult.

Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer
4.80 star(s) 930 Votes