Aug 15, 2021
Because they're not written that way?

Alex is pretty much guarded despite having a wild side because experience has taught her that anyone who approaches her is only going to be a kiss ass due to her status as a Bardot. Penny likes to party but doesn't want to be seen as your average Instagram whore who would sleep with anyone or blow guys for likes.

If your character is written that way from the very start then it'll be OOC for them to quickly jump on Orion. Compare that to a girl like Annie who - despite her innocence - is the one more likely to have the earliest scene because she's been with Orion the longest, so that's a lot of pent-up feelings left unsaid that was bound to escalate into something more.

With Nancy it's more or less handled as a joke and as setup. You have two people who obviously want to fuck each other's brains out, but couldn't because real life is a bitch. So by the time it DOES happen, having them bang like animals is not only understandable, it's pretty much expected (only issue I had with the scene is that I wished it was longer and rougher to further illustrate how much pent-up sexual frustration is being unleashed at that moment).

[/SPOILER]
To me it feels like many of the characters are written that way to deliberately make the progression feel slow. I would have liked more variation which is partly why I like the addition of nancy. I wish there was at least one other character like her (as in an older experienced character) in the main cast. It would have added more variation I think.

In the case of Alex and Penny by the time we get to their lewd scenes they both have a crush on the MC. Alex already knows the MC is not kissing her ass because she is a bardot - he would not pick a fight with William if he was trying to do that. Similarly penny already knows the MC does not think of her as a dumb blonde bimbo. She is fine with all the teasing, nudity etc. Maybe you feel differently but to me it felt like the scenes were deliberately cut short just to fit the trope of going slow in the beginning.

As for Nancy yes I know it is a joke and I think it was a bad one - it is an overdone trope and I feel like the setup was unnecessary.

Last edited:

fasdfaq123

Sep 6, 2020
I'm sure like a lot of other players, I am loving the overall concept of this game. Whilst the conceit is a familiar one in sci-fi, I can't think of something I've seen that is quite the same as this in terms of how it's all put together. I guess Ready Player One, maybe, is the closest I can think of, though clearly different in tone and direction? Is anyone aware of any major influences, concept and story-wise, for the game, either openly stated by the dev or implied? My blindspot is anime/manga, so would be interested if it is drawing on something from that side of things.
I would add "eXistenZ" (1999), "Tron". Maybe to say another "Gamer". There are probably a ton with this style of storytelling in virtual reality and video games, but I don't recall seeing anything like dead humans transformed into NPCs.

Reactions: Pendrell

An known

Sep 16, 2021
To me it feels like many of the characters are written that way to deliberately make the progression feel slow. I would have liked more variation which is partly why I appreciate the addition of nancy. I wish there was at least one other character like her (as in an older experienced character) in the main cast. It would have added more variation I think.

In the case of Alex and Penny by the time we get to their lewd scenes they both have a crush on the MC. Alex already knows the MC is not kissing her ass because she is a bardot - he would not pick a fight with William if he was trying to do that. Similarly penny already knows the MC does not think of her as a dumb blonde bimbo. She is fine with all the teasing, nudity etc. Maybe you feel differently but to me it felt like the scenes were deliberately cut short just to fit the trope of going slow in the beginning.

As for Nancy yes I know it is a joke and I think it was a bad one - it is an overdone trope and I feel like the setup was unnecessary.
You're thinking it's slow? There are 7 Lis in the game and every character has a different personality and a different approach to the MC.

If you think Alex and Penny should already had fucked the MC you're missing out.

Alex is romantically involved with the MC. We know Alex is a sly girl but she isn't as horny and sexually frustrated as Nancy that if there's a opportunity she'll engage and fuck if she wants. There are only 2 solo events with Alex and the MC during the updates (The house assignment and the Party in Eternum) if you think within this interactions they had already fucked you don't know how character development works.

And Penny also had 2 solo events with the MC ( The Photoshoot and Costume Party) and this isn't enough interactions for a plot wise VN game to have fuck scenes for the game. Penny is showed to be a horny character in this update but if you'll try to recap the game in 0.3 where she drank the potion, she seems to be shy about what type of sex she wants when she's asked she looks open minded about it but by the number of interactions she had in the game she wasn't ready to engage yet ( if you rewatch the Penny scene in the update, she covers her eyes when she saw the MCs dick that proves that she is still isn't ready yet it just seems like she's ready for it but she's just a tease).

The game is still in early stages that's why you think it's slow, in some games 5 updates isn't enough to make each 7 LIs in the game to have sex scenes. And from what people said 7 isn't the final number if LIs in the game, so still a lot of progress.

The process looks slow for you but maybe after 2 updates and by the situation where every LIs is it will most likely to have a lot and more erotic and wild scenes within the last updates. If you played the OiaL when the sex scenes already started the game escalated so fast for every character.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Man I get what you're going for with the analogies, but if DPC wrote like the guys who wrote CM and Edgerunners I probably would have stayed with it longer.

And Caribdis' style doesn't match any of what you said (apart from Shadow Garden I suppose). If you're gonna compare it to anime, the closest title that best resembles it IMO would be...

...Ufotable's 'Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks' (has 2 distinct "settings" (modern day SOL daytime - in Eternum this would be the 'Real World' - and magical otherworld night-time - which in Eternum this would be the 'Ingame') but as time goes on the distinctions start to blur, has an air of mystery surrounding it, has clues and hints that goad viewers to speculate (particularly in regards to the identity of a certain white-haired dude), has humor, has SOL moments that are then followed by shit-hits-the-fan-real-quick moments, has sakuga...lots and lots of glorious fucking sakuga, and has harem elements.

Brain: ...UBW doesn't have harem elements-

Me: The "Sunny Day" Special Episode.

Brain: ...But that's an animated version of the original UBW's 'Good End,' not the 'True End.' And that thing doesn't have a hare-

Me: Saber and Shirou are part of Rin's Harem. It IS a harem.

Brain: ...

Me: Deal with it.

Brain: ...And you tell me I'M the unreasonable one...).
Fate/Stay? , Well, I have not played the "games", and only saw the main show Fate/stay, , the Unlimited BladeWorks and the Fate/zero, which is the best :cool: (y)
But personally, I wouldn't really use it as an example, however, Eternum is inspired by various popcultural medium , for sure.
I used my examples mostly because most of it are Isekai animes, that is definitely one of the main inspiration theme of Eternum.
If I really have to name one of the Anime, and I dont wanted to say it, because it's a bit controversial, as I heard, for some reason :LOL: . despite I personally really love it(y)

That would be Sword art Online:cool:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
you really count kissing?
I counted that because the argument was that scenes were progressing in a linear fashion and it counted it as a scene (i.e. handholding -> kissing -> handjob/blowjob -> vaginal -> anything goes) when in actuality it isn't the case.

To me it feels like many of the characters are written that way to deliberately make the progression feel slow. I would have liked more variation which is partly why I appreciate the addition of nancy. I wish there was at least one other character like her (as in an older experienced character) in the main cast. It would have added more variation I think.
You say slow, but coming to this game after playing OIAL I'd say it's pretty fast as far as progress is concerned.

As for variation, I suppose that's fine to ask. But if the variant you're asking for is the kind of character who is not an exclusive partner to the MC...well then good luck trying to get that idea past Caribdis' supporters without triggering the forbidden N word alarm (no not the racist word, the OTHER N word, the one that starts flame wars and causes messy thread cleanups). They're pretty much vanilla lovers for the most part, which was why I think that bad end with Lauren being introduced in OIAL was such a big deal back then.

With Alex there's an excuse: they're at the party to investigate Ulysses and possibly learn more about Benjie's death, maybe even meet the Founder in the process. The scene with her is basically just a quick diversion. Also, you're forgetting that MC is basically the first time she probably had a genuine friend of the opposite sex and one she is attracted to, so despite her bravado she obviously will have trouble trying to become intimate with him. As for Penny, she already said in her scene that she doesn't fuck on the first date, so the best we could do is respect her wishes in that regard (besides, it matches with her personality of being the opposite of a blonde sexed bimbo, the kind that Regina is accusing her of being).

Well my misgivings on some aspects of the scene aside I thought the events leading up to it made the payoff a lot sweeter, so...agree to disagree I guess. /shrugs

Also I like that she's getting blueballed. Girl needs a no horni bonk so bad that I'd settle to her getting blueballed as a compromise.

far013

Sep 9, 2019
You're thinking it's slow? There are 7 Lis in the game and every character has a different personality and a different approach to the MC.
Yes, it's definitely slow. It was possible not to waste energy on a dozen scenes with a handjob (personally, I just skip them because it's just boring as hell). It was possible to make scenes when the girls would be ready for it. Yes, there are probably people like you who are more interested in handjobs than full-fledged scenes. But I'm sure most people would rather have a few full scenes than dozens of "ok, you got your blowjob, now get out". Well, or in general, do not make scenes yet and focus on the plot, if so far "the girls are not ready" and there was already a 0.6 version, not 0.5.

Reactions: AnonW123
Aug 15, 2021
I don't think so. Annie/Nancy/Penny/Dalia/Luna/Alex/Nova are the main LI, Calypso will at most be a side girl. Unless he reveals it later as a surprise, I doubt Cari is going to change his mind on who the LIs are.
She may not be quite as important as the main girls but there is no way she is a side girl like eva or maat. She is a recurring character and she has a lot of narrative significance - more so than any of the main girls.

Catlyn

Formerly 'Koschka'
Dec 31, 2019
Yeah, sure, and While we're at it, it would be also hot if the Goat we buy for Luna, would Fuck her in the ass, huh? or Carolyn the Cat , licking Dalia's pussy.

Yeah let's make a petition to Caribdis to allow that. I'm sure, out of 4,442 paying Patreon customer, there would be at least 10 mentally degenerate who would love that. Seem like a good Business :LOL:
robert-redford-nod.gif

:Kappa:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Fate/Stay? , Well, I have not played the "games", and only saw the main show Fate/stay, , the Unlimited BladeWorks and the Fate/zero, which is the best :cool: (y)
But personally, I wouldn't really use it as an example, however, Eternum is inspired by various popcultural medium , for sure.
I used my examples mostly because most of it are Isekai animes, that is definitely one of the main inspiration theme of Eternum.
If I really have to name one of the Anime, and I dont wanted to say it, because it's a bit controversial, as I heard, for some reason :LOL: . despite I personally really love it(y)

That would be Sword art Online:cool:
I refrained from mentioning Isekai because while there are tropes on the subject that are seen in the story, the plot beats and the way its presented does not follow the standard Isekai power fantasy journey. If anything, the entire story of Eternum is played out like a mystery story, more so than OIAL did. Orion isn't here to just play and power up and get the girls: he's investigating the circumstances surrounding Benjie's death. It's his curiosity that's driving the story forward, and is part of the reason why he's doing the things he's doing. It's also why I compared it to Fate/Stay Night, where the premise makes it sound like the story will be a straight up heroic battle royale when the actual way it was delivered made it feel like you're playing through a detective story minus the noir and jazz music as the main character tries his best to uncover the identities of the masters and the servants and trying to uncover the truth about the Grail War. The UBW adaptation kinda fucked that up by putting the spotlight on the battles, but some of the investigation beats are still there, the air of mystery is still there.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I think nothing will change if you avoid it ;) , that scene itself doesn't give points (just talking about the BJ does)
I also don't like this kind of voyeurism, so I avoided that scene and everything gone normally with her (y)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure, you won't be able to do anything with Nova in the future.:p
I can't wait for peoples to complain in 0.6 or 0.7, that why they can't continue with the Nova path, when they literally avoiding the Path :ROFLMAO:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I refrained from mentioning Isekai because while there are tropes on the subject that are seen in the story, the plot beats and the way its presented does not follow the standard Isekai power fantasy journey. If anything, the entire story of Eternum is played out like a mystery story, more so than OIAL did. Orion isn't here to just play and power up and get the girls: he's investigating the circumstances surrounding Benjie's death. It's his curiosity that's driving the story forward, and is part of the reason why he's doing the things he's doing. It's also why I compared it to Fate/Stay Night, where the premise makes it sound like the story will be a straight up heroic battle royale when the actual way it was delivered made it feel like you're playing through a detective story minus the noir and jazz music as the main character tries his best to uncover the identities of the masters and the servants and trying to uncover the truth about the Grail War. The UBW adaptation kinda fucked that up by putting the spotlight on the battles, but some of the investigation beats are still there, the air of mystery is still there.
Hey, we not gonna busting our heads to each other over this, :LOL:
I understand your opinion, But I also believe that Isekai is very much spot on too.
Mystery and Iiskeia, not goes against each other. Alice in Borderland, can be considered as an Isekai mystery. as for how much of a Power Fantasy Eternum will be ? , well Orion is pretty much gonna be OP once he learn how to control his power. :LOL:

that's why, I said, that we can't really define Eternum with one specific Genre, and its inspired by various pop culture things.

One thing is sure, it has endless possibilities, and I can't wait for the Different Servers, expecially the Mermaid one, and the "Kinky Paradise" with Nova:devilish:

namisit

Oct 20, 2017
Where do you extract the game?
You must first find the location where you extract the game.
Most likely it is in the downloads.
What you need to do is when this shows up: View attachment 2329327
Press choose and It wil show you your internal storage
•Find the download folder
•Then Find the Eternum folder open it and you'll see the .exe file
If it didn't work just try to redownload the game again.
I thought I uploaded screenshot. I found game but it only shows .py file.

I went in rar file checked locatjon to make sure where . exe file was
Where do you extract the game?
You must first find the location where you extract the game.
Most likely it is in the downloads.
What you need to do is when this shows up: View attachment 2329327
Press choose and It wil show you your internal storage
•Find the download folder
•Then Find the Eternum folder open it and you'll see the .exe file
If it didn't work just try to redownload the game again.
I uploaded 3 different screenshot. 1st one show that there is not . exe file where it supposed to be.
I went in eternum 0.5 scrolled down and . exe and one other didnt show up. can u check screenshots which I uploaded?
I opened rar/zip file before extracting to make sure I knew where .exe file was located went to exact location where .exe file was in archived file but in my android .exe file didnt appear. going to check it again.
I wanted to play plenty of games which was available for only PC thats why I want to use it JoiPlay so much

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes