Boboss000

Jul 20, 2021
Guys can you help me can i get Penelope hd picture ?? Her face to be exact i want to recreat her face in the game im playing with

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Whole thing is set-up to find a new head of the company, by finding the 10 gems.
Now MC has gained one & logging off saves your inventory.
Would be funny if he never logged in again, so no-one could ever get all 10! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure there's some contingency in the plan for that scenario, but can well imagine that sort of thing happening in RL.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Whole thing is set-up to find a new head of the company, by finding the 10 gems.
Would be funny if he never logged in again, so no-one could ever get all 10! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure there's some contingency in the plan for that scenario, but can well imagine that sort of thing happening in RL.
Same could be said if an Eternum player that obtained Hyas after Asmerilth (Hyas' previous owner) died somehow dies irl as well. While Nova might be able to recover that with the device she created last in v0.5, what'll happen if the E-3X visor that owner had is also gone? That'll certainly be an issue.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Same could be said if an Eternum player that obtained Hyas after Asmerilth (Hyas' previous owner) died somehow dies irl as well. While Nova might be able to recover that with the device she created last in v0.5, what'll happen if the E-3X visor that owner had is also gone? That'll certainly be an issue.
Yeah, it was the thought of someone getting one, then dying IRL (after Benjamin), that made me think they must have some sort of contingency.
I know he lost his inventory, after getting excommunicated, but if that hadn't happened & he'd still died...
They could presumably retrieve it (gem or weapon) from a dead player's inventory, but one who's still alive & could log back in might be more difficult. :unsure:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah, it was the thought of someone getting one, then dying IRL (after Benjamin), that made me think they must have some sort of contingency.
I know he lost his inventory, after getting excommunicated, but if that hadn't happened & he'd still died...
They could presumably retrieve it (gem or weapon) from a dead player's inventory, but one who's still alive & could log back in might be more difficult. :unsure:
Me: Quite the conundrum, this.

Brain: ...0.4 and 0.5 hinted that Eternum could be accessed through dreams, right?

Me: Uhh...yeah?

Brain: And ol' Thanny has some unknown ability of managing to track down those who possess the gems?

Me: Y-yes?

Brain: /evil smile

Me: ...No.

Brain: I mean, it could be possible-

Me: Killing a player and stealing from their inventory while said player is dreaming? That's scary, man. And they could just complain to Ulysses if that happens!

Brain: Well, who's going to believe them? And who's to say that a player could still wake up if they die from Thanny in a dream instead of the neural implant? For all we know, they could just rule that one out as "death by sleep" or something. :D

Me: Okay, that's just theoretical, alright? No way any of that can work. There's just no way.

Brain: Just put it on the board. We'll see if that is or isn't the case in the next updates or so.

Me: /grumbles and places theory on his personal conspiracy wall

(Edit: It was 0.4 not 0.3. Got my versions mixed up. DX)

Last edited:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Me: Quite the conundrum, this.

Brain: ...0.3 and 0.5 hinted that Eternum could be accessed through dreams, right?

Me: Uhh...yeah?

Brain: And ol' Thanny has some unknown ability of managing to track those who possess the gems down?

Me: Y-yes?

Brain: /evil smile

Me: ...No.

Brain: I mean, it could be possible-

Me: Killing a player and stealing from their inventory while said player is dreaming? That's scary, man. And they could just complain to Ulysses if that happens!

Brain: Well, who's going to believe them? And who's to say that a player could still wake up if they die from Thanny in a dream instead of the neural implant? For all we know, they could just rule that one out as "death by sleep" or something. :D

Me: Okay, that's just theoretical, alright? No way any of that can work. There's just no way.

Brain: Just put it on the board. We'll see if that is or isn't the case in the next updates or so.

Me: /grumbles and places theory on his personal conspiracy wall
From one dream to a deathly nightmare. Now that's a Krueger scenario right there.

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
I wonder how inventory is dealt with, after in-game death.
Take the guy who got killed by Thanatos, after his mate had been killed by the ogre.
Thanatos took the gem, then left.
I wonder if MC could have collected the rest of the guy's inventory, or if it's only the gems and 3 magic weapons that can be taken by other players. :unsure:
He was pretty high level. I'd have robbed his corpse. :ROFLMAO:
Bodies don't disappear until the person who died logs in again (if I remember it right, and after dying you're banned from logging in for 24 hours), so assuming game logic is applying here, I think it's likely that when the body despawns, their inventory is just deleted, and any unique items they had are probably redistributed back out into the world where they originally were... Or maybe they just fall on the ground right where the body used to be and then just sit there, waiting to be found.
I do agree though. I'd probably have tried sneaking back onto that server to loot Jerry and the others' bodies for them goodies.

Reactions: whichone
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes