MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
My thesis on the Gems of Doom is that they have the condition that the owner loses the gem if they don't log in for a long time by despawning and spawning again somewhere.

Feb 17, 2018
I don't think you can fool the founder with something so simple... He is the one who invented the game of the 10 stones of doom and the one who makes the rules. I don't think anything stops him from changing the rules if he wants. So I don't know how much it would work to remove one of the stones from the game if you don't log in anymore. The stone practically remains in the game in your inventory, you don't take it out with you when you log out.

Xawub1679768576.jpg

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I don't think you can fool the founder with something so simple... He is the one who invented the game of the 10 stones of doom and the one who makes the rules. I don't think anything stops him from changing the rules if he wants. So I don't know how much it would work to remove one of the stones from the game if you don't log in anymore. The stone practically remains in the game in your inventory, you don't take it out with you when you log out.

View attachment 2494504
That's assuming the game is indeed a game and not something else entirely, and that he has full control of everything...which I'm starting to doubt the more the story progresses and the more we get info about Eternum itself.

Reactions: whichone
Feb 17, 2018
That's assuming the game is indeed a game and not something else entirely, and that he has full control of everything...which I'm starting to doubt the more the story progresses and the more we get info about Eternum itself.

True, but the 10 Stones of Doom game was designed by the founder. That's why I think he can change the rules of the game if he wants (I mean the game with the 10 stones of doom, not Eternum). In addition, the stone practically does not leave the game even if you are not logged into Eternum.

Feb 17, 2018
But, say if someone had it in their inventory & logged in once a week & stayed in the safe space with Idriel, then presumably it would remain in their inventory indefinitely, as they're an active player.
I'd presume that, under that circumstance, no-one can legitimately take it from them.

Yes, but if he logs in, even with Idriel, then the one who endangers the game with the stones could be excommunicated and the inventory taken by the Praetorians. Idriel is practically the right hand of the Founder...

Feb 17, 2018
As I said: contingency.

To be fair, it's not really endangering the game, it's just effectively preventing a quest from being completed.
I've played plenty of AAA titles where the develper has caused that to happen. :ROFLMAO:
In addition, if we think about it, he had the ability to build a device that could make Orion not lose his inventory no matter how many times he died in Eternum. That device practically breaks the rules of Eternum (much worse than Annie necklace which could only be used once). :unsure:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I definitely thought there was a supernatural vibe to this one. I only started playing yesterday & am not up to the current episode, but MC's dreams and visions have been pretty chilling.
The phone call he received, when he first arrived, seemed to be tied to the "Will you help us?" dark dream. :unsure:

lol Yeah, Founder has default God Mode. :ROFLMAO:
It is not clear, what is going on with the MC (as of 0.5), but he seems to be able to somehow enter Eternum in dreams and later even outside of dreams in very short episodes. So it can't just be a normal technology or that would be impossible (or it would be badly written by Caribdis, but considering the quality of the rest of the game, I would find that unlikely).

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
True, but the 10 Stones of Doom game was designed by the founder. That's why I think he can change the rules of the game if he wants (I mean the game with the 10 stones of doom, not Eternum). In addition, the stone practically does not leave the game even if you are not logged into Eternum.
The only thing the Founder has "designed" with regards to that is the contest (if you can even call it that, it's more like a disorganized free-for-all gathering quest more than anything really) and its prize. The specifics as to how a Gem of Doom is found is still up in the air at this point, let alone what it actually is capable of doing. Hell, we still don't even know HOW Orion managed to get his first gem since the events leading up to that is head-scratchy at best. And the fact that he got his 2nd gem from a player instead of an event doesn't help, really.

Which is why I'm doubting if he can even affect the rules of the contest. So far the only thing he can do it seems is being able to track down a gem when it manifests/pops up and being able to check which player managed to get it when it happens. Only issue is if it passes hands to another player, in which case they have no way how to track that unless said player attends the parties that they throw out (which is likely a sneaky way for them to track down/keep tabs on those who have the gems at that point...though it likely isn't perfect since a gem holder could just not attend if they want). Another thing he can do it seems is to accelerate the hunt by providing players some helpful items of his own like the Amulet of Blair. But other than those he doesn't seem to be able to do shit like being able to forcefully take gems from players like Thanny does (though that could change in the future when all gems have manifested/are found), or set the parameters on how the gems are obtained (at least, at this point there are no scenes that would indicate that he has such ability).

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I do agree though. I'd probably have tried sneaking back onto that server to loot Jerry and the others' bodies for them goodies.
Just reached the point where Maat has looked through Avery's inventory & taken his crappy blade.
So it seems that weapons from our inventory can definitely be taken (irrespective of being an Atlas one), even if the player is not killed.
We can also take another player's artefact & money, like we did with Maat.

MC should definitely have looted Jerry & the other 2! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Just reached the point where Maat has looked through Avery's inventory & taken his crappy blade.
So it seems that weapons from our inventory can definitely be taken (irrespective of being an Atlas one), even if the player is not killed.
We can also take another player's artefact & money, like we did with Maat.

MC should definitely have looted Jerry & the other 2! :ROFLMAO:
Very true. In Maat's case he only took the Eternals, had he chosen to clean her out of her inventory I wonder how pissed she would've been at finding herself without nothing (might try to take revenge later on in a future update). On the other hand, poor ol' Jerry doesn't have anything remote of value ever since he got his head cracked (would've interesting to see if he somehow "graduates" from being a laughing stock).

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021

View attachment 2494504
I don't believe he invented the gems. The gems are probably a supernatural item that can help rule the world(s) and my theory is he is manipulating people into collecting it for him. Also look at those eyes of his, they seem the same as the praetorians. Probably isn't even human.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Very true. In Maat's case he only took the Eternals, had he chosen to clean her out of her inventory I wonder how pissed she would've been at finding herself without nothing (might try to take revenge later on in a future update). On the other hand, poor ol' Jerry doesn't have anything remote of value ever since he got his head cracked (would've interesting to see if he somehow "graduates" from being a laughing stock).
Don't forget, he also took the gem that gave Maat immunity to the sleep cat statue.
When Nova originally searched unconcious Maat, I think she said that the 250 Eternals was the only thing she found in her inventory.
But that scene showed that players can fully access each other's inventory. Also that any item can be taken - money, weapons, artefacts - even if the player is not dead.
Jerry was a pretty high level magic user, so no weapons, but he might have had some Eternals, or magical artefacts, on his corpse.
The 2 holding the gem probably had some Eternals, too, as well as their weapons.
----
1679797307194.png
OK, gotta give the dev kudos for getting Ephesia Grammata in there!
Honestly never thought I'd see that, in one of these games.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I want to see him progress quickly, then get his head crushed again as he's touting his awesomeness. :)

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes