Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still, it's unbelievable that some players wanted such particular scene to be included. That was so sad to witness.
I agree 100% with you.
I've seen this pics when I was sending Penny's images to a guy that asked for them and it broke my heart, I'm a softie in general so maybe it's exaggerated of me, but really I couldn't force myself to do it this time, I love all the girls and I want to see only their smiles. :)

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still, it's unbelievable that some players wanted such particular scene to be included. That was so sad to witness.
Yep, I did not understand it either back then. Because it was very clear that you will lose Pennys path and it is not really worth it at all to lose the path to a main LI for a random girl. I get that more H-Scenes are always nice, but with Regina it was just clear that it would not be a good idea. And if there would have been a H-Scene, every player would have just watched it once and then reloaded another save to be back on Pennys path.

I did not watch it myself, because I played the first leaked version here and did not want to go back for just getting blueballed and having a sad scene. I will probably see it when I do my Playthrough from the start when the final version is out. But it is probably the one thing where I think that there was a bit of time wasted to implement it.

Reactions: Dylan741
Jan 21, 2023
I did not watch it myself, because I played the first leaked version here and did not want to go back for just getting blueballed and having a sad scene. I will probably see it when I do my Playthrough from the start when the final version is out. But it is probably the one thing where I think that there was a bit of time wasted to implement it.
The addition of sad scenes when losing a girl's route is not a waste of time imo. I think it is good that stupid decisions have consequences. We had a similar scene with dalia in the previous update when you tell Chang her password. That asshole in the gym hears it and goes there to have a party with his friends when she is down.

I dont know how much effort it was for the dev but I remember from the dev's discord it was implemented during the 1 month period from highest tier -> public release along with the usual bugfixing that developers do when a release goes out (I sub at the $25 tier and there was discussion about this in the update spoiler channel). I may be wrong as I am not the developer but I dont think there was any additional work planned during that time that this took time away from.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Yep, I did not understand it either back then. Because it was very clear that you will lose Pennys path and it is not really worth it at all to lose the path to a main LI for a random girl. I get that more H-Scenes are always nice, but with Regina it was just clear that it would not be a good idea. And if there would have been a H-Scene, every player would have just watched it once and then reloaded another save to be back on Pennys path.

Can't talk about why people wanted that, but for me it adds the joy of not choosing that, which I think is a plus. There's something about avoiding a bad choice that's more pleasant than just the absence of choice. That's my take on this at least. I've downloaded the updated version just for the pleasure of knowing that the new scene is there but I'll never choose it, just like I'll never tell Chang the password for Dalia's server because I don't want to hurt Dalia. Though I like that there's a possibility to do that, because I like 'avoiding' that possibility by making a choice.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
The addition of sad scenes when losing a girl's route is not a waste of time imo. I think it is good that stupid decisions have consequences. We had a similar scene with dalia in the previous update when you tell Chang her password. That asshole in the gym hears it and goes there to have a party with his friends when she is down.

I dont know how much effort it was for the dev but I remember from the dev's discord it was implemented during the 1 month period from highest tier -> public release along with the usual bugfixing that developers do when a release goes out (I sub at the $25 tier and there was discussion about this in the update spoiler channel). I may be wrong as I am not the developer but I dont think there was any additional work planned during that time that this took time away from.
Ok, this is actually a really good point that you bring up the Beach-scene with Dalia. I did not realize it like that back then because I started playing with 0.4 (I wanted to have a good amount of content before starting Eternum) and it was just one scene of many already in the game.

Thinking of that, the one scene in Once in a Lifetime where you hand over Lauren to the Yakuza-Boss is also one of those (even tho, this leads to a bad end anyway).

Reactions: sageproduct

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The "problem" I see with Eternum is though, that the "good" path very much seems to be the harem route anyway.

Those scenes would be a lot more meaningful and strong, if you HAVE to see at least some of them at some point, because the MC has to make a decision for one of the girls.

In OiaLT I found the harem path didn't make a lot of sense with some of the LIs (granted, some of them really weren't implemented well in the first place, looking at you, Rebecca). So we have to see how that will work out in Eternum in the end.

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
I honestly think the scene with Regina was needed. Don’t get me wrong, I hate seeing any of the girls cry BUT it also makes you notice that the girl indeed loves you. I wouldn’t choose any of these bad ending choices in my main playthrough, but I indeed play every one of them to see the girls’ reactions. Penny crying just makes you appreciate the gem you have more. You have a girl who’s not only a goddess, but she also cares about you so much that she cries for you. Ik its fucked up but it actually is my mentality IRL too, so seeing these without actually making a girl cry just fulfills my desires.

Jan 21, 2023
The "problem" I see with Eternum is though, that the "good" path very much seems to be the harem route anyway.

Those scenes would be a lot more meaningful and strong, if you HAVE to see at least some of them at some point, because the MC has to make a decision for one of the girls.

In OiaLT I found the harem path didn't make a lot of sense with some of the LIs (granted, some of them really weren't implemented well in the first place, looking at you, Rebecca). So we have to see how that will work out in Eternum in the end.
I dont see what the problem is with that. The girls love Orion and he loves them. If he does stupid shit by betraying their trust and he has to face the consequences. If he chooses not do stupid shit the game is nice and wholesome.

Since it is a harem game it works great the way it is. The game rewards you for prioritizing the girls and punishes you for being an asshole to them. Forcing sad scenes even on optimal route just for the sake of creating drama would both eliminate rewarding the player and would change the direction of the game entirely.

I think I am in agreement with the post PervyParadox made above: "There's something about avoiding a bad choice that's more pleasant than just the absence of choice". I dont want the dev to waste too much dev time on bad endings most people are not going to see. I also dont think all scenes that lose paths should be dramatic (for example rejecting Annie does not involve too much drama) but having the occasional sad scenes like Penny/Dalia's path ending scenes along with the standard non dramatic path ending scenes is great and adds to the variety I think.

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I honestly think the scene with Regina was needed. Don’t get me wrong, I hate seeing any of the girls cry BUT it also makes you notice that the girl indeed loves you. I wouldn’t choose any of these bad ending choices in my main playthrough, but I indeed play every one of them to see the girls’ reactions. Penny crying just makes you appreciate the gem you have more. You have a girl who’s not only a goddess, but she also cares about you so much that she cries for you. Ik its fucked up but it actually is my mentality IRL too, so seeing these without actually making a girl cry just fulfills my desires.
On that I agree with you and it1940, the game is more complete with the bad ending, since it shows you the consequences of making a bad choice with the girls exactly like in OIAL ( though in that case they were more rare), I'm not contesting that at all.
I only don't pick them by personal choice, like I said maybe it's exaggerated of me but I can't stand to see the girls suffering even though they aren't real, and I honestly prefer to romance them, maybe I come off too strong so sorry if it looked like I didn't want them in the game. :)

Mark17

May 15, 2017
Yeah it's nice to see, some girl crying bc of me... In RL there is no way could this happening. But in a game.

aneame

Aug 2, 2021
I'm not against harem tendencies, but all the girls are awesome,I sometimes think Orion is a playful jerk.(Although it's all based on my choice:oops:) So I can only hint to myself that each girl's route is a parallel universe:LOL:.

• Haha
Reactions: jocoyo and Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm not against harem tendencies, but all the girls are awesome,I sometimes think Orion is a playful jerk.(Although it's all based on my choice:oops:) So I can only hint to myself that each girl's route is a parallel universe:LOL:.
Don't you worry the Orion from the myth was a known horndog, so you're just respecting the myth by yourself...:sneaky::ROFLMAO:
Jokes apart the mythical hero loved many women, so considering that the game is heavily hinting at his story and that all the girls are fantastic and adorable, pursuing the harem path is the best choice, imho.:)(y)

Reactions: ArDZer and aneame

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Don't you worry the Orion from the myth was a known horndog, so you're just respecting the myth by yourself...:sneaky::ROFLMAO:
Jokes apart the mythical hero loved many women, so considering that the game is heavily hinting at his story and that all the girls are fantastic and adorable, pursuing the harem path is the best choice, imho.:)(y)
Too bad the MC isn't called Zeus :(. The harem would have been the size of the Olympus.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Yes, but your entire harem would hate you most of the time ...
Let's not even begin to talk about how one particular goddess tried actively to kill her husband's lovers, and their offspring too. Strangely enough, Zeus also had 7 wives (at least those mentioned by the poet Hesiod).

Reactions: Elhemeer

Aviz87

Mar 30, 2023
I'm always skeptical when media (or anything, really) is rated overwhelmingly one sided, but man do I see why this one is now.
Not done with this yet, but kinda bummed to have already played it and not waited for the finished version. Sadly you can never know in advance...

Haven't looked into anything further yet, just wanted to post my fresh thoughts. Tell me that the game isn't dead/abandoned, so I can sleep well tonight without cursing the gods?!

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I'm always skeptical when media (or anything, really) is rated overwhelmingly one sided, but man do I see why this one is now.
Not done with this yet, but kinda bummed to have already played it and not waited for the finished version. Sadly you can never know in advance...

Haven't looked into anything further yet, just wanted to post my fresh thoughts. Tell me that the game isn't dead/abandoned, so I can sleep well tonight without cursing the gods?!
The last update wasn't that long ago and Caribdis has already a finished project, so odds are good that this project is going to be finished as well. May just take some years until then.

Reactions: Dylan741 and Aviz87
4.80 star(s) 931 Votes