Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That doesn't exactly help the argument, that name ("X Æ A-Xii" ) is ugly as sin and should not exist period, I pity the child that got it.
Yeah Orion is better obviously in this case, and perhaps atrocious is not the correct adjective for it, unusual doesn't cut it either but something similar or close to that. Point is that not even the greeks (contemporary ones) use that name anymore, it simply stopped being used like thousands others across history (just think latin ones you often see in roman graffiti not being used anymore) and seeing one being used in a modern setting is weird to say the least (never mind that it doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely as others), mind you that I am talking about a normal human being named that (Orion), Calypso for instance being a fantasy creature and being named that doesn't sound weird at all
Point still stands that - uncommon as it may be - the name is still in use in the modern day. Maybe not in Greece, sure (could be wrong on that one but eh). But Americans (which was Orion's original nationality before he moved to Europe and then back again thanks to the exchange program) still use it.

This is just a few I've found but...you get the point.

Last edited:

Just a Memer

Oct 18, 2020
Just know that in greek and latin Nova means new.... ;)
New in greek is ''Neo'' spelled "Νέο" in Greek alphabet. I think the word ''Nova'' doesn't exist in Greek

Bonus knowledge:
''Alex'' spelled ''Αλέξ" means to ''defend'' or ''protect'' in Greek. Full name Alexandra=Alex + andra
''Andras'' spelled ''Ανδρας'' in Greek means ''man''
Therefore ''Alexandra'' means The protector of man or Defender of man

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
New in greek is ''Neo'' spelled "Νέο" in Greek alphabet. I think the word ''Nova'' doesn't exist in Greek

Bonus knowledge:
''Alex'' spelled ''Αλέξ" means to ''defend'' or ''protect'' in Greek. Full name Alexandra=Alex + andra
And iirc the protagonist's surname Richards means powerful/brave. Those two could be a power couple as the story advances further.

Reactions: sageproduct

tan-zan

Sep 1, 2021

Bonus knowledge:
You're right. Nova is the feminine dictionary form of the latin "novus," which also means new.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes but very very few games allow to rename LI's, and I don't know why you'd want to do that. To RP with girls you know?
Back in my twenties, I'd play the sexual monopoly games and enter names of women I knew. Then I'd use the scenarios as inspiration.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That doesn't exactly help the argument, that name ("X Æ A-Xii" ) is ugly as sin and should not exist period, I pity the child that got it.
Yeah Orion is better obviously in this case, and perhaps atrocious is not the correct adjective for it, unusual doesn't cut it either but something similar or close to that. Point is that not even the greeks (contemporary ones) use that name anymore, it simply stopped being used like thousands others across history (just think latin ones you often see in roman graffiti not being used anymore) and seeing one being used in a modern setting is weird to say the least (never mind that it doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely as others), mind you that I am talking about a normal human being named that (Orion), Calypso for instance being a fantasy creature and being named that doesn't sound weird at all
If we're talking about "strange" names that aren't " X Æ A-12" (Was it changed from 12 to XII to eliminate numbers?), we have
Rumer
Moon-Unit
Zowie
and of course Keanu.

Giving someone the name "Orion" in fiction tells me there are great things in store for that character. The same if the character were named Ulysses, Agamemnon, Achilles, or even Thor, which is a name used in the real world.

In Love of My Life, NR didn't name the character Lot, but is last name is Haranson.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Bonus knowledge:
Yep, your'e right re reading my post I forgot to write it correctly, thank you so much for telling me, I will correct my post. :giggle:

Correct, but all the girls one way or another have goddesses names or have an important meaning and are connected to Orion even with their modern names:
Dalia is one of the names for Diana or Artemis the goddess of hunt ( and a warrior) and in the latest greek mythology and in romans too she was Orion's lover.
Luna or Moon in greek is a goddess but is also believed it was one of the alternate form of Ecate the goddess of magic and the afterlife and she met Orion in the dead realm.
Nancy and Annie come from the same name Anne or Anna derived from the jewish Channah ( it's more ancient though) and depending on is declination it could mean "cute" or indicate a woman that was granted by the divine grace ( generally a mother)
Penelope ( or Pēnelópeia, it can mean both duck or swan, pēné shroud) She waited years to find the right man, exactly like our Penny is doing right now, she was considered one of the most beautiful woman of that days and, well I don't need to add that Penny is a goddess of beauty herself...
Nova is a curious case though: Aside from being considered a deity of sort, she have some peculiar things about her.
The first is her nickname, Delilah Warren, now Delilah is both a jewis and greek name ( Dalilah in greek Δαλιλα or jewish דְּלִילָה they share the same semitic root) and means "with flowing hair or wavy curls" among other meanings.
Also she have a an owl tattoo and well in the greek mythology the owl was often associated to Minerva or Athena, and it's a symbol of wisdom but is also said it could see in the future.

So we can safely say that Caribdis planned well every details of the game, not only Orion's name, I already said that this is one of the best games I've played? Well I will say it again. :love: :love:

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
This is one of those games where "came for the sex, stayed for the plot" and let me tell you it's AMAZING, it's obvious the dev has put a lot of work into this game. I have also seen their Patreon and their numbers are understandably very high. Seriously considering donating

Silvallié

Dec 22, 2018
I saw some pics of this game in My bully is my lover and Pale Carnation if I remember correctly so I had to try this game and damn I'm not disappointed this game is awesome so many references here and there like SAO and Nier Automata.
I don't know why I didn't play this game sooner coz it's definitely in my top list now. Idriel, Nancy, the nightmare lady and the others are beautiful and the mystery in that story got me hooked amazing game.

4.80 star(s) 931 Votes