Jan 21, 2023
I just finished the game, it's great. Top notch in every part. Really shows that games can engage with the story like no other media.
Having some regret on taking the immortal gift from the founder with the Thantanos reveal of becoming an ingame immortal, the player taking it might become one as well. Calypso did hate immortals and with the founder giving strong G-man vibes, makes me think that getting rid of the gift might be a good idea before the recruitment becomes permanent.
Spoilers ahead so feel free to ignore this comment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: greenguard

stillspiff

Sep 18, 2022
how did you came across this “by accident” tho. I too came accidently but yours is different I believe
i replayed once a lifetime and let the credits play longer than i normally would do. i'm replaying eternum 4 about the 5th time at the mo

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
i actually played mbml and joined their discord. then i found this game being advertised there in discord and also got an easter egg regarding the game inside mbml and since then i have got hooked to both games

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Nova's ass for attention. ;)
Nova Ass (1).jpg

For some reason, the track from the Halloween party was banging around in my head today, and I had this vision of Nova (in that get up) dancing around, doing a booty shake in our face during the baseline beat section, alternating the pose so that her arms are either in the air or down around her ass, looking up to the sky when her arms are up, or looking over her shoulder at us when her arms are down and her backside is to us, or towards the ground doing a little head shaking when she turns and faces us; the turn would happen while the "honking" is going on. Maybe all the girls could be made to do it. ;)

The concept is similar to the "dancing LIs" loops they did for the Single Again girls, for any of you familiar with that.

Anyway, I have nothing like that kind of talent, but thought I could plant the seed in case someone else does. :):ROFLMAO:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

pepeqloq45

Aug 26, 2017
I've never bothered to post anything on this site but this game really blew me away and exceeded any expectations i had for it and really raised the bar for upcoming games so i thought i had to at least leave a message for this masterpiece. Although it's not finished, it's the best VN i've played so far so thank you very much to Caribdis and his team for making this. The renders, the story, the characters and the world building is so very well thought and done, i'm super excited to see where the strings are gonna go and where they'll end up connecting. Thank you so much again !

Jan 21, 2023
This game is so much beyond every other game of this type on this website and on the internet in general. Like, will this be the standard that future games of this genre will uphold going forwards, or is Eternum lightning in a bottle, a flash in the pan? What do you guys think?
Given that it has the highest weighted rating right now it is safe to say that the general consensus is that this is among the best VNs. Will VNs improve going forward? I dont know but I hope it does.

Imo the quality of VNs in general tends to improve over time. A few years ago the top Renpy VNs on this website that use the choice based VN format you often see today were stuff like DMD, Big Brother, Dreams of Desire etc. And any of the top VNs today are (in my very subjective opinion) significantly better - and its not even close. That's not to say that we did not have good stuff before. Some of the older AIF passion projects (stuff by goblinboy, bbben etc), long running RPGmaker games (I avoid rpgm games but I have heard a lot of praise for some of them), html games like the elsaverse series etc are all great games and many people prefer these games over today's top games as well. But when you look at the average VN, I think the quality has gone up. Only time will tell whether or not this trend will continue but I think it is likely. Caribdis will have learnt a lot from the development of eternum and will take everything he learnt and apply it to his next game which will hopefully be even better. And the same is true for other devs as well.

As for other games today, while Eternum is my personal favorite western AVN I think many of the top VNs on this website are really good. Just sort by weighted rating and give some of the VNs a try. In terms of how characters are written Pale Carnations is my favorite. In terms of art/visuals I think games with hand drawn art like What a Legend or My Pig Princess will always look way better than anything you can make using Daz/HoneySelect. In terms of setting my favorite VN is Superhuman. In terms of choices I have not played anything similar to good girl gone bad (and I am told that some games I have not played like the last sovereign makes even that look like a joke). If you have the time give some of these games a try. Even if you don't like them as much as eternum you will still have played something good.

On a side note if you liked the project so much, if you are able to do so you should consider contributing towards its development on patreon. It is one of the few games I support and I think the developer deserves it.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Given that it has the highest weighted rating right now it is safe to say that the general consensus is that this is among the best VNs. Will VNs improve going forward? I dont know but I hope it does.
The downside is that as Eternum grows in popularity, it will also attract the vultures, trolls, and Felii Canis, people who will be looking for the least flaw in update schedule and such, ready to declare the game abandoned, milking, etc. if they can find some imperfection.

Apr 26, 2023
The downside is that as Eternum grows in popularity, it will also attract the vultures, trolls, and Felii Canis, people who will be looking for the least flaw in update schedule and such, ready to declare the game abandoned, milking, etc. if they can find some imperfection.
If any such trolls do arise, The Church of Nova would like to have a word with them...
eternum-0-5-sneak-peek-v0-pu1ei6y3qvaa1.jpg

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I would hope that a lot of those people will be weeded out by the slow-burn of the game. If you're not invested into the story and the characters at this point, there is little reason to play it.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Given how Carib has proven himself to be quite the workaholic at times it'll be quite hard to pin him as someone who is going to slip into the path of ICSTOR. It also helps that Eternum is designed the way it is (narrative-driven VN that is more interested in telling a linear story with limited branching and minor gameplay elements like QTEs and limited freeroaming to shake things up a bit), as it allows Caribdis to just focus on character development and plot without having to take into account what unique path or love interest the player chose and how said paths are going to branch even further (like BADIK, for instance) or - in the case of sandboxes - fall into the damnable pit that is endless feature creep with no visible end in sight (like the case of SS and MM).

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes