Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I really need to DL and play OIAL so I can get all of the references. After starting with Eternum, though, I'm a render snob! I don't want to regress to the older forms. :LOL:

But, I suppose I must... ;)
Oh, play it it's totally worth it, the story is good and the characters are as loveable as the Eternum's one believe me, sure it's more rough but nonetheless it's still one of the best story driven games I played; even today it can rival some of the more recent ones, imho. (Eternum is on a league of it's own so I'm not counting it in the list of course ;))
Also you will see how greatly Caribdis skills as an author and a developer improved during the making of OIAL. :giggle: :giggle:

Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023
I really need to DL and play OIAL so I can get all of the references. After starting with Eternum, though, I'm a render snob! I don't want to regress to the older forms. :LOL:

Also, I think it's nice to have that extra flavor added to Eternum by experiencing OIAL. We've already had a few "I remember that" moments and I imagine there will be more.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

OiaL is the official 4th highest rated game on this forum, you won't regress by much.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
I found the MC much uglier in OiaL than Eternum's, more like the typical ugly honey select MC's ive noticed in many AVN's that use those models.

Good news is that you arent trying to bang the MC!

Beyond that, OiaL is worth the play through.
Yeah, guys in HS are fucking horrible, even Orion is bad in the first updates. OiaL is a great game but Eternum is a masterpiece and better in every aspect, that's why people are reticent to recomend OiaL after playing Eternum, not because is bad, but because Eternum is really, really good.

Reactions: johnnyxxxv

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Good news is that you arent trying to bang the MC!
Potential LI to MC: "Dude - I'm not interested. Go fuck yourself!"

MC: "What?! I have a mirror you know - I wouldn't fuck me, either."

<MC proceeds to lick his own eyebrows and allow his dick to drop out the bottom of his shorts. Potential LI relents.>

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Oh, play it it's totally worth it, the story is good and the characters are as loveable as the Eternum's one believe me, sure it's more rough but nonetheless it's still one of the best story driven games I played; even today it can rival some of the more recent ones, imho. (Eternum is on a league of it's own so I'm not counting it in the list of course ;))
Also you will see how greatly Caribdis skills as an author and a developer improved during the making of OIAL. :giggle: :giggle:
Also, I think it's nice to have that extra flavor added to Eternum by experiencing OIAL. We've already had a few "I remember that" moments and I imagine there will be more.
OiaL is the official 4th highest rated game on this forum, you won't regress by much.
Downloading now and "joined" the thread. I find it odd that, given the age and popularity of the game, its thread is less than half as long.

Was hoping to have some updated titles of things I'm already into to download since I've gotten into four or five well established titles from the beginning over the last couple months and wanted something "quick" as a break, but nothing in my queue is in a good state, and the one that does have an update borked all the old saves by updating their RenPy version, so I'd basically have to replay all my routes anyway.

Thus, as soon as I finish the play through of the established title I started last week (sometime in the next couple of days, probably), looks like I'll be getting in on the Eternum inside jokes and references before the next update arrives.

Given my penchant for collecting bladed weapons, I'm guessing I might like this "Stabby Mike" guy. ;)

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes