MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I take the followers of Saint Nova's faith must practice daily their pan-throwing skills to protect her name. But what happens if one of them fails, does that person wear a pan around the neck with the words "piss-poor thrower" written on it or something? It'll be a way to motivate the others to not miss during their sessions. :giggle:
A gatling gun that fires pans. Every member has it.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
I remember back in the early days (v0.1-.3) when this thread was pretty much a ghost town. It's nice to see how active it is now.

I could probably ask this on the Patreon but it'd be a weird comment considering its about F95. Regardless, I wonder how our boy Carib D feels knowing of the legion of AVNs on F95, his has consistently been the highest ranked of them all.

Imagine how Eternum would do on Steam if he couldn't be sued six ways to Sunday :ROFLMAO:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
It is supposed to come out in about 2 weeks time...or "in a fortnight" as G.R.R. Martin would write.
Your comment is too clever by half.

Once GRRM gets hold of a phrase he likes, he uses it until you can predict where it will appear next, and get so tired of it that you're ready to toss the book into the fireplace. That was in one of the earlier in the series (maybe the second), but he has phrases he gets stuck on in each book, but not necessarily the phrase he beat to death in a previous book.

Reactions: Takkatakka

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
madude, it is highly unlikely that reality is dualistic. stick to rational philosophical materialism that you will probably do better. nonetheless, if advice was a good thing... do what will. in regards to the game i don't think the setting is dualistic either considering the theme is cyberpunk in which the universe is usually materialistic with futurism and dystopia. i could be wrong ...some weebs love spiritualism.
Why would cyberpunk necessarily be materialistic? Ghost in the Shell comes to mind for one (and I haven't even seen it). And since you used the word "weeb" - I don't know if The Matrix is considered Cyberpunk, but it takes place in a world that could have a materialistic mechanism for nearly any sort of phenomena, but it goes out of its way specifically to point technological "magic" and spiritual "magic" directly at each other. (Trinity bringing Neo back to life, Neo having this special light sense after losing his vision. Even if you could come up with good materialistic mechanisms for those occurrences, its clear their purpose is spiritual.
If by rough you mean "it doesn't seem to have a solid grasp as to how it wants to present itself as a story," then yes, absolutely. Personally I think the storytelling only started gaining full steam around the time Asmodeus came to the picture (0.5), but before that it was just felt...I dunno, unfocused. Especially given that 0.1 to 0.4 is mainly about a guy who's struggling with his studies and getting into random sexual hijinks with the occasional main plot stuff that he just happens to stumble upon instead of showing the initiative to get the ball rolling* (see: encounter with Moloch at Jasmine's party, stumbling upon the meeting place of the SoA after they fortuitously find that secret entrance)

*And no, don't cite me that moment where MC deciding to open the basement being his way of "taking initiative." The man was bored, and his primary motivation other that sating his curiosity about seeing his father doing shady shit in Mistbury was to combat said boredom. After that he had to be dragged by Judie towards the plot. A far cry from Orion who takes it upon himself to start investigating (or at the very least ask the people he know of who they know could help in said investigation) about Benjie's death in the real after it happened in the game

Not really. IMO the characters were fine (barring Stabby Mike**), but the feel only started to take shape around 0.5. Everything else before that felt like Cari was testing the waters as to what his style ought to be (0.1 was mostly intro but it leaned heavily on the mystery aspect, 0.2 started throwing in the supernatural stuff, 0.3 had 1/2 main plot 1/2 meandering stuff but the blend still feels like it leans heavily on the latter, 0.4 was mainly downtime with some plot sprinkled to it...and then 0.5 was like "okay, let's incorporate everything we've learned from the past 4 updates, trim out the fat, and get this right." And get it right he did).

**I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again: as a character, I like Mike. From a literary/writing perspective, I kinda detest him for basically becoming unnecessarily important in the overall plot and obtaining the true ending. I suppose I can forgive a minor character from becoming crucial to get the true ending, decisions and consequences are kind of a thing in VNs after all. But him showing up in just about every important event in the plot for one contrived reason after another?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...Yeah, sorry for the rant. I just...I really feel like Asmodeus got robbed on this one.
That's pretty interesting. I felt like the action began immediately in Once in a Lifetime, even with the fight with Tom. Especially how the internal thought was fearing a fight with Tom, but then confidently and fearlessly destroying Tom even with Tom pulling a knife. Add to that refraining from talking about it with Lauren afterward, and you quickly get a sense of the player character's character beyond just a guy who doesn't study).

For me, stakes were already as high as they could be upon attending the Sons of Astaroth meeting.

checking dad's basement not showing initiative
I dunno, I see more courage being involved than just sheer boredom. After all, Dad had always been mysterious and only intense about that room to where he yelled at innocent-and-perfect-kid Judie enough to make her cry just because she got too close.

Interesting about Mike, I hadn't really thought about it from a plot mechanics standpoint (but I usually don't think about that anyway). No contest to your point, but it didn't impact my enjoyment in any way.

horror in both games
Man, you guys are brave souls, I hate horror, and for me it made no difference AT ALL that Once in a Lifetime's danger was real-world while Eternum's has been in a game. On that note, Once in a Lifetime's dream sequence was one of the scariest parts of all for me, lol. Overall, Eternum has probably been scarier for me.

I was yelling out loud at Caribdis during Red Herring for putting in more scary parts and begging the game not to give me nightmares, lol. I was REALLY tempted to let Luna go to the house and really had to pep myself up to make the brave choice :D

Last edited:
Reactions: PervyParadox

hitmebaby

Apr 22, 2022
Why would cyberpunk necessarily be materialistic? Ghost in the Shell comes to mind for one (and I haven't even seen it). And since you used the word "weeb" - I don't know if The Matrix is considered Cyberpunk, but it takes place in a world that could have a materialistic mechanism for nearly any sort of phenomena, but it goes out of its way specifically to point technological "magic" and spiritual "magic" directly at each other. (Trinity bringing Neo back to life, Neo having this special light sense after losing his vision. Even if you could come up with good materialistic mechanisms for those occurrences, its clear their purpose is spiritual.

That's pretty interesting. I felt like the action began immediately in Once in a Lifetime, even with the fight with Tom. Especially how the internal thought was fearing a fight with Tom, but then confidently and fearlessly destroying Tom even with Tom pulling a knife. Add to that refraining from talking about it with Lauren afterward, and you quickly get a sense of the player character's character beyond just a guy who doesn't study).

For me, stakes were already as high as they could be upon attending the Sons of Astaroth meeting.

I dunno, I see more courage being involved than just sheer boredom. After all, Dad had always been mysterious and only intense about that room to where he yelled at innocent-and-perfect-kid Judie enough to make her cry just because she got too close.

Interesting about Mike, I hadn't really thought about it from a plot mechanics standpoint (but I usually don't think about that anyway). No contest to your point, but it didn't impact my enjoyment in any way.

Man, you guys are brave souls, I hate horror, and for me it made no difference AT ALL that Once in a Lifetime's danger was real-world while Eternum's has been in a game. On that note, Once in a Lifetime's dream sequence was one of the scariest parts of all for me, lol. Overall, Eternum has probably been scarier for me.

I was yelling out loud at Caribdis during Red Herring for putting in more scary parts and begging the game not to give me nightmares, lol. I was REALLY tempted to let Luna go to the house and really had to pep myself up to make the brave choice :D
I said "usually materialistic", not necessarily. the cyberpunk genre is heavily science based and realistic so materialism prevails considering the complete lack of evidence to support dualism, gods and spirits, aside from the usual reach some ppl like to do with quantum physics.

As for Ghost in the shell, it is a masterpiece, I highly recommend you watch it(the original) and it is funny that you mention it but I will not discuss it to not spoil it.
The Matrix is cool too but it is, heavily inspired, plagiarism if you ask me, by Neuromancer of William Gibson which is also great and I recommend the read but I must say that only the first The Matrix movie is good and wtv happens in the other movies is rubish.

• Angry
Reactions: Jehuty206

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
"8/10 it missed rendering her glorious freckles" - A Church of Nova member working at IGN, probably
I think a member of the Church if Nova would be tougher with the grade and would start insulting the AI for it's unforgivable mistake :Kappa:
As a fellow member of Annie's gang, i would rate this pic 7.5/10 because it's missing her beautiful blue eyes :devilish:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think a member of the Church if Nova would be tougher with the grade and would start insulting the AI for it's unforgivable mistake :Kappa:
As a fellow member of Annie's gang, i would rate this pic 7.5/10 because it's missing her beautiful blue eyes :devilish:
It also made her look Asian when IIRC she's supposed to be European/of European descent.

4/10.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
I said "usually materialistic", not necessarily. the cyberpunk genre is heavily science based and realistic so materialism prevails considering the complete lack of evidence to support dualism, gods and spirits, aside from the usual reach some ppl like to do with quantum physics.

As for Ghost in the shell, it is a masterpiece, I highly recommend you watch it(the original) and it is funny that you mention it but I will not discuss it to not spoil it.
The Matrix is cool too but it is, heavily inspired, plagiarism if you ask me, by Neuromancer of William Gibson which is also great and I recommend the read but I must say that only the first The Matrix movie is good and wtv happens in the other movies is rubish.
As far as i can be agree that cyberpunk is heavily materialistic in it's fundamental base, there are shit dualistic in this game, considering the fact that MC is called to help this ppl trapped in "Eternum", what was shown "in-game" as a whole make suspect in the possibility that "the servers" works as dimensions, with mankind having a real experience as they are playing because their information is being transmitted and reconstructed in those universes. Calypso could end at some point opening a portal to the reality of MC, as being him even experienced a connection to Eternum without the technology into it. The problem is, Calypso is a "magical being", her abilities cannot be done in the normie reality of MC to save the ppl trapped in Eternum but it can be performed wherever she is, if by any circumstances the plot or just a path that makes canon Calypso help to save those ppl or even put a step in the normie universe of MC, she would be the living prove of the rape of the entire physics laws. But don't worry, according to the Quantum Mechanics the atom is compose in a 99% of just fucking empty space, in a sense, the fucking universe is very idealism, as we see and touch things having a sense of security that matter is solid, but Quantum Mechanics says "not exactly" and there's a probability for any object to trespass another, lil (to the point to disqualified it in normal conditions) but exist...

PS: as an advice, try to avoid the use of weeb, it's a slang to refer to those outsiders of Japan that are obsessed (to the point of being sick) with that country, the ppl, general culture, goods and services; commonly used as derogatory.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
"8/10 it missed rendering her glorious freckles" - A Church of Nova member working at IGN, probably
Mmmm, more like 6/10: missing the freckles, something not quite right about nose and chin and eyebrows are too dark. Also, she looks more serious than mischievous, so that kind of takes away from her essence.

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes