Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Replaying the game is really cool to see how good MC is Orion. In a lot of AVN the MC is just a potato with a big dick, with zero personality and passive as fuck, things just happen to him, yadda yadda and sex scene. But Caribdis is really good making characters that feel alive, like real people, and Orion is not an exception. One simple example is the chill out moment in the park some days after the Calypso situation: Orion is chilling in the park and Dalia appears because she and Alex are going to the pool. Dalia comments that she prefer a low impact exercise because she is worried about his back before the competition, and the next texts are:

Orion: The competition is next Thursday, right?
Dalia: Yep! Thursday at 05:00 PM, at Kredon's gym
Orion: Nice. I'll be there.
Dalia: Are you participating?
Orion: Well, maybe, but I'll probably make a fool out of myself. I'm mostly going to cheer you on. I'm allowed to do that, right?
Dalia: *Chuckles* You sure are!
Yvier: I'll be your loudest fan, I promise!

In just one minute Orion is proving that he listen her problems, that he cares about her, ask for consent (he doesn't try to impose himself) and promise to be here, because if is important to Dalia is important to him.

In other games this interaction is just a two option text to win points to fuck the girl, but in Eternum is just Orion being a good friend because he really cares about Dalia, and yes he wants to pound her like the horny teenager he is, but for him is most important support her because he believes in her, because he loves her, and I really like a MC like that.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Replaying the game is really cool to see how good MC is Orion. In a lot of AVN the MC is just a potato with a big dick, with zero personality and passive as fuck, things just happen to him, yadda yadda and sex scene. But Caribdis is really good making characters that feel alive, like real people, and Orion is not an exception. One simple example is the chill out moment in the park some days after the Calypso situation: Orion is chilling in the park and Dalia appears because she and Alex are going to the pool. Dalia comments that she prefer a low impact exercise because she is worried about his back before the competition, and the next texts are:

Orion: The competition is next Thursday, right?
Dalia: Yep! Thursday at 05:00 PM, at Kredon's gym
Orion: Nice. I'll be there.
Dalia: Are you participating?
Orion: Well, maybe, but I'll probably make a fool out of myself. I'm mostly going to cheer you on. I'm allowed to do that, right?
Dalia: *Chuckles* You sure are!
Yvier: I'll be your loudest fan, I promise!

In just one minute Orion is proving that he listen her problems, that he cares about her, ask for consent (he doesn't try to impose himself) and promise to be here, because if is important to Dalia is important to him.

In other games this interaction is just a two option text to win points to fuck the girl, but in Eternum is just Orion being a good friend because he really cares about Dalia, and yes he wants to pound her like the horny teenager he is, but for him is most important support her because he believes in her, because he loves her, and I really like a MC like that.

Edit:
Yes, Alex/Axel scene is my first hilarious scene. And Nancy/The Emperor is second hilarious too.

00.jpg

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Maybe I'm too optimistic for my own good, but I'm still holding out hope that Calypso will become a LI eventually.
I'm pretty sure that she is gonna be a LI. She is part of the gang, the gallery menu has a free gap for another LI and I really really really want to slap that thicc ass, so she being a late game LI, but only if you play well your cards is possible. I have faith in Caribdis.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Maybe I'm too optimistic for my own good, but I'm still holding out hope that Calypso will become a LI eventually.
I think confirming her as a LI would kind of spoil the game as the plot develops. We won't know until the end
I'm pretty sure that she is gonna be a LI. She is part of the gang, the gallery menu has a free gap for another LI and I really really really want to slap that thicc ass, so she being a late game LI, but only if you play well your cards is possible. I have faith in Caribdis.
Since she's a weapon, maybe taking down the final boss will be reminiscent of the end of The Fifth Element...

Jan 21, 2023
I think confirming her as a LI would kind of spoil the game as the plot develops. We won't know until the end
It has been confirmed that she will be a love interest in a couple of comments Caribdis made in the patreon wallpaper posts where some other people asked him about it. However how fleshed out she will be and how deep her romance will go remains to be seen.

Reactions: Strijoca

Eliza

Oct 3, 2017
hm i guess at this point, so close to release, not likely another set of sneak peeks gonna pop up huh?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That's the only info I have for Calypso:
View attachment 2771168
Now to think what "different" mean is up to Caribdis :unsure::coffee:
I think I said this before, but I like to think that by "different" they mean that Caly might not have a dedicated route compared to the other girls and her romance advancement is going to be a lot more dependent on the decisions Orion makes in the main plotline. Like, with the other girls there are side events in the story that are absolutely tailored to them, and that their routes live or die depending on the choices you've made on said events and how much heart points you've been accumulating throughout the story. Caly will likely have none of that given that Cari is currently writing her to only show up in major events of the main story*, and not much else (Orion doesn't even visit her in Ekabar - or at least, the story doesn't show him visiting her there unless it's plot relevant (cough0.5BleedingEffectcough)).

*Yes, Warthogs counts as a major event given that it's Penny's formal introduction to the world of Eternum. Not to mention that seemingly random scene of Orion being able to summon Caly heavily implies that they might have some sort of bond or connection that they are unaware of (which likely will be explained in later updates)

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
hm i guess at this point, so close to release, not likely another set of sneak peeks gonna pop up huh?
Cari mentioned in the 3rd round of sneak peeks that he's planning to show one final set of previews that's going to focus on the Wild West server that's teased in the 0.6 progress bar. We also likely will get a confirmation of the release date by then (that is, if the "around the week of July 24" that he mentioned in the latest progress report is going to push through or not...or if it's going to be bumped to an earlier date).

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
I think I said this before, but I like to think that by "different" they mean that Caly might not have a dedicated route compared to the other girls and her romance advancement is going to be a lot more dependent on the decisions Orion makes in the main plotline. Like, with the other girls there are side events in the story that are absolutely tailored to them, and that their routes live and die depending on the choices you've made on said events and how much heart points you've been accumulating throughout the story. Caly will likely have none of that given that Cari is currently writing her to only show up in major events of the main story*, and not much else (Orion doesn't even visit her in Ekabar - or at least, the story doesn't show him visiting her there unless it's plot relevant (cough0.5BleedingEffectcough)).

*Yes, Warthogs counts as a major event given that it's Penny's formal introduction to the world of Eternum. Not to mention that seemingly random scene of Orion being able to summon Caly heavily implies that they might have some sort of bond or connection that they are unaware of (which likely will be explained in later updates)
Yeah, I see your point here. The way I see it, Calypso will only be romanceable after a huge plot is revealed (like she's a "real" person or something like that)) because for now you (and Orion) view her as a "weapon" or "AI" created by the founder (it doesn't mean Orion doesn't care about her but there's a huge step between seeing her as a real person or not).
Maybe in 0.6 we will have a hint of why they share a bond (direct link with the 100% compatibility of Orion ) and why he has the capacity to teleport himself from the real world to her like we saw in 0.5 during the trip with Luna and her father (more real than real life yeah:unsure:)

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yeah, I see your point here. The way I see it, Calypso will only be romanceable after a huge plot is revealed (like she's a "real" person or something like that)) because for now you (and Orion) view her as a "weapon" or "IA" created by the founder (it doesn't mean Orion doesn't care about her but there's a huge step between seeing her as a real person or not).
Maybe in 0.6 we will have a hint of why they share a bond (direct link with the 100% compatibility of Orion ) and why he has the capacity to teleport himself from the real world to her like we saw in 0.5 during the trip with Luna and her father (more real than real life yeah:unsure:)
Acutally, I suspect the whole bleeding thing is more like what Idriel does "I'm not really here, you're just seeing a fraction of me" or whatever she said. I'm not sure MC will ever be conscious in multiple places at once, but what Calypso (probably) saw was just a non-corporeal projection, rather than him fully being in her presence. (and yes, I understand the irony of calling a mental existence "corporeal" but that's how I see it ... and I'm not sure it's not correct.)

Reactions: Ellyx

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Acutally, I suspect the whole bleeding thing is more like what Idriel does "I'm not really here, you're just seeing a fraction of me" or whatever she said. I'm not sure MC will ever be conscious in multiple places at once, but what Calypso (probably) saw was just a non-corporeal projection, rather than him fully being in her presence. (and yes, I understand the irony of calling a mental existence "corporeal" but that's how I see it ... and I'm not sure it's not correct.)
...I mean the soul is literally just a bunch of thoughts if you think about it (which is what astral projections are often likened to).

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes