DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Idriel is well established in the story to be a true AI, (millions of people interact with her at the same time),
Are you sure about that? :unsure:
Also Idriel seems to put some "extra awarness" when she wants to. My guess, just like the Founder appears in al Eternum in multiple instances to give a public speech then actively looks at MC probably being able to get in special control of one of the instances or even all of them, in some way we don't yet know, so Idriel, if a person, could be able to be an authomatized presence for your everyday login, yet to act in full awarness in special cases.
Ah, someone's thinking outside the box.
And surprisingly, we are not taking into the equation yet the demonic presences that MC sees in his dreams. How do they work? Are they akin to Idriel and the Founder? Might be. Sure they resemble a lot the demon MC sees in his vision in Once in a Lifetime. Which was entirely supernatural.
I give the same advice as I give to others:
Two things I'll say:
1.) The character models/designs are deliberate.
2.) Caribdis likes symbols.
And there is still a fundamental question left pending: What the fuck even mean Once in a Lifetime as a title? Does is mean that you get to be the incarnation of a supernatural force and defeat an evil cult building and harem on the way just once in a lifetime? :D
So... a lot of my current theories rest on the idea that there is one timeline, one (physical) reality. I make this assumption not because that there couldn't be multiple timelines and/or realities, but because this early it's difficult to make predictions around multiple timelines and/or realities... they just widen the possibilities infinitely. Now... there are hints that there may be multiple realities... multiple "lifetimes" at play. I don't think I'd be spoiling much opening that discussion up, because said hints are declared pretty openly... (Going to spoiler because images)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It could be that we have a situation where multiple "runs" are being done, and this is yet another one. If there are multiple runs, are the parameters the same each time? Is the MC the same or one of many before them? Are the "pieces" shuffled each playthrough? Was OiaL a previous run in of itself, and it was a "once in a lifetime" run? Afterall, there was a hidden ending last game...

Now, I'll also say that you can try and "cheat" in this regard. When a film has a fixed length, and you know the length because of that bar on the bottom when you're watching Netflix or whatever, and you accidentally see it's like 30 minutes from being over, you can look at the current scene and go "well it's probably going to resolve that way because there's only 30 minutes left". Similarly, it's assumed that Eternum will resolve at 1.0. Some people have brought up that the MC is getting way too powerful way early... what if it's because the MC is finishing their first run that we observe, and we're getting close to a reset?

There's some theories to chew on, but there's a lot more breadcrumbs in this game. Caribdis knows what they're doing; a good breadcrumb is one that is not required to enjoy the story but adds extra enjoyment for those that find them nonetheless. It's also placed in such a way that when we get to, say, 0.5 or 0.7, most people will go "Ohhh yeah, that was being referenced the whole time".

Anyhow, what I'm trying to get at, is y'all need to get on my level...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

... because otherwise you're missing out on the breadcrumbs that Caribdis has been deliberately sprinkling, since they were obviously raised on a steady diet of shlocky horror and sci-fi mystery films (and maybe a helping of Hair Guy from History Channel). :p

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
Or maybe she just wants to enjoy her time in the game since she doesn't have a lot of frens instead of chasing after some stones
Your point is counter intuitive. If you don't have a lot of friends, even online, I say why not go after the gems? Their locations are random anyway so collecting them while exploring the other servers is a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

In the final scene only the sniper and the band leader are Praetorian, the cannon fodder girls are PCs and they get payed to do police service, it appears. And so far everything seems to hint that Praetorians are, indeed, humans. We'll see where the story goes.

Also Idriel seems to put some "extra awarness" when she wants to. My guess, just like the Founder appears in al Eternum in multiple instances to give a public speech then actively looks at MC probably being able to get in special control of one of the instances or even all of them, in some way we don't yet know, so Idriel, if a person, could be able to be an authomatized presence for your everyday login, yet to act in full awarness in special cases.

And surprisingly, we are not taking into the equation yet the demonic presences that MC sees in his dreams. How do they work? Are they akin to Idriel and the Founder? Might be. Sure they resemble a lot the demon MC sees in his vision in Once in a Lifetime. Which was entirely supernatural.

And there is still a fundamental question left pending: What the fuck even mean Once in a Lifetime as a title? Does is mean that you get to be the incarnation of a supernatural force and defeat an evil cult building and harem on the way just once in a lifetime? :D
I'm still leaning towards a mix. the Praetorian that killed Benjamin seemed pretty robotic. They are either really good AI, or really dedicated role-players. The cannon fodders I believe are still considered Praetorians by the players. Especially considering, the server was off-limits.
Nova mentioned that when the other two Atlas Weapons were found, they were guarded by Praetorians
. Its most likely that the higher level Praetorians are AI while the base ones are human.

Idriel is supposed to be the highest level of AI ever developed and everyone has exclaimed that she is like a normal human in her responses. In theory, she is an AI so advanced she is almost humanHonestly, the lady appearing in the MC's dreams might be Idriel, either an AI wanting to be free of the programming, or taking into consideration that she is/was human, the real Idriel stuck somewhere in the world forced to become the core of Eternum. In regards to the Founder, well... there's too much mystery right now, but since he did create Eternum, nothing is impossible in regards to how much he can access and control. It's perfectly possible he has access to wherever his holograms or Praetorians are.

Uh... yeah... the dreams... No idea on that one. Might be related to the MC's mother, might be some clues in Once in a Lifetime. I just downloaded it.

EDIT: posted this before I saw DudePersonA's post. No time right now, will update once I read through it.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Wait, he was? When?
It was when you found the picture in the haunted house... There you saw a news paper... That's how you found out about the girl and her mom.... While the fire case was the headline of the newspaper, stabby Mike was below just that

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Im going to pledge him , to Caesar what is Caesar's, I have always said that this site is a perfect place to make your work known to many people and that with it people like me, support the creator, if you like it DO it even if it's 2$ a month . And I like that Caribdis is active here, many devs forget about this site and us when they reach a certain fame and I'm glad he didn't do it, as I said this place offers great opportunities to the devs.

Last edited:

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I finished 0.2 recently and again I am absolutely amazed by the game.

Sound and Music was well placed in my opinion and it was easy for me to get into the flow of the story and each situation. Also the additional effects (I.e. phonecall with Nova, the splitscreen) were very nice.

The Flink house was a great section and I actually felt a little scared with music and sounds. The labels used to move around the house fit great into the environment. Compare this to the hospital(?) section in oialt and you can see the jump in quality.
I also love how Chang is popping up everywhere. Must have some Stabby genes in him or something. Love to have him as the MCs friend.

The interactions with the girls were nice and I realized that some of the „rivals“ were introduced. I am sure we haven‘t seen the last of Alex‘ father and the modeling guy might have another appearance or two. Maybe even Kai who doesn‘t want to give up and somehow ends up in a weird affair with Gertrude?
Current Queen for me has to be Penelope. Even before the photoshoot she was absolutely gorgeous but her hairstyle in this update knocked it out of the park for me. I‘m really interested how her story will develop and can‘t wait to get closer to her. Close behind is Nancy, since I‘d like to know what ideas she has to seduce the MC and how her nympho side will play out. After that I don‘t want to even continue ranking because all of the girls are beautiful and interesting in their own right. Clearly the update focused on Luna, Alex and Nova with a piece of Annie and all four of them are already quite interesting personalities where you want to find out more about them.

Looking at the speed of the story, it is quite fast paced. If we are looking at another 10 version game like oialt, then there will likely happen a lot more in the coming updates. If we go beyond a version 0.10, then I expect a lot of story to come. Also I seem to remember that oialt started off quite slow.

I‘m bad at speculating because I often miss hints and stuff, but right now I could imagine that the story climaxes in a scenario where Eternum and reality become mixed and you can‘t tell what is real anymore.

Either way, Caribdis is doing a great job in my opinion and Eternum is still surpassing his first game by a lot.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes