MaoXiaoDong

Feb 18, 2022
I sit upon my gaming throne, duel disk weighing heavy on my right wrist

The fated 5 cards pinched between my left fingers

"Is it time?"

w123t4

May 26, 2019
I wonder will there be any possible scene like selling lauren to other guys in oialt that selling penny/other Li to that model guy/ other guys. :unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: Shypanda99k

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I wonder will there be any possible scene like selling lauren to other guys in oialt that selling penny/other Li to that model guy/ other guys. :unsure:
Apparently the backlash was so bad, that Caribdis never wants to do anything like that anymore.

I mean...it was an obvious idiotic choice to begin with so in a way people that took it had it coming...on the other hand I'm not sure, why you would build in such an obvious bad and wrong choice at all?

That is probably the biggest downside of Eternum: Most choices are kinda..."meh". They are either obviously bad or meaningless or so cryptic that you can't even make an informed decision without a guide.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Why no, NTR good for our health :)))
Cause last time Cari added an NTR-tier bad end choice he got eviscerated for it in the OIAL F95 thread, Discord, and Patreon to the point that he promised never to add something like that again (likely to save himself the headache and the shitstorm arguments that would ensue).

So again...no.

Last edited:

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
That is probably the biggest downside of Eternum: Most choices are kinda..."meh". They are either obviously bad or meaningless or so cryptic that you can't even make an informed decision without a guide.
As much as I enjoy the VN, this is its biggest shortfall: Player choices have no impact - they don't do anything but access/avoid NSFW content. The story is on rails all the way. Still a great VN though.

• Angry
Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
As much as I enjoy the VN, this is its biggest shortfall: Player choices have no impact - they don't do anything but access/avoid NSFW content. The story is on rails all the way. Still a great VN though.
Hearkens back to the old school JP AVNs with so much wall-o-text that you might as well turn the thing into a lewd Light Novel. I remember playing some that have choices that are just as head-scratchy and that there is only one correct choice out of 3-4 choices, so Cari might've been influenced by those (maybe a little too much). Not sure if he can course correct for this title, but maybe he'll take that criticism into consideration for his next work and make the choices a little less cryptic and the story being a bit less on-rails (which he did with this game fixing certain issues that were present in OIAL's storytelling and presentation).

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Hearkens back to the old school JP AVNs with so much wall-o-text that you might as well turn the thing into a lewd Light Novel. I remember playing some that have choices that are just as head-scratchy and that there is only one correct choice out of 3-4 choices, so Cari might've been influenced by those (maybe a little too much). Not sure if he can course correct for this title, but maybe he'll take that criticism into consideration for his next work and make the choices a little less cryptic and the story being a bit less on-rails (which he did with this game fixing certain issues that were present in OIAL's storytelling and presentation).
In the end it all has its advantages and disadvantages. The fact that the game is relatively coherent helps him to get the updates done in a reasonable speed without having to account for hundreds of permutations that get worse and worse as the story progresses. In the end even having a harem ending is pretty much part of not having to make a game with separate branches for every LI.

The opposite right now is probably BaDIK where the game splits in multiple paths half way through and now some of these paths seem to branch out even further, so updates take about a year and will likely become rather short for each individual branch. I honestly have no idea how DPC will be able to keep that game together for another 6+ episodes.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Apparently the backlash was so bad, that Caribdis never wants to do anything like that anymore.

I mean...it was an obvious idiotic choice to begin with so in a way people that took it had it coming...on the other hand I'm not sure, why you would build in such an obvious bad and wrong choice to begin with.
Yeah, when I was presented with that choice in OiaLT, my reaction was pretty much this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Or in other words: as if I would fucking do that to Lauren. I never even considered making that choice. I only learned what happens when I read some comments here and honestly, I don't get the backlash. I mean... who could have thought that an obviously shitty decision would have negative consequences?

If I really had to complain about something in relation to that scene, it's that it doesn't really go with the tone of the rest of the game. Sure, it gets dark in places, but this was something straight out of Depraved Awakening. Or that making it took time and resources that could have been spent on giving extra scenes or character development to some of the girls.

Still ridiculous of people to blow up the way they did... but it doesn't surprise me anymore. At any rate, Eternum won't have anything of the sort and I'm okay with that.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Or in other words: as if I would fucking do that to Lauren. I never even considered making that choice. I only learned what happens when I read some comments here and honestly, I don't get the backlash. I mean... who could have thought that an obviously shitty decision would have negative consequences?
The backlash I feel isn't really for the addition of the scene but rather what the inclusion of such a scene foreshadows for the story's future. It's basically a pre-emptive shutdown to Caribdis ever adding any NTR-tier bad ends that could happen if the MC fucks up in his choices. Like, imagine if Stabby ends up betraying MC and steals all the women, or Oliver is played as a straight-up NTR antagonist and steals Judie if you ignore him. Or Tom doesn't get brainwashed and he steals Lauren or teams up with Oliver to gangbang the girls. That kind of paranoia was probably what fueled some vocal people to go on the offensive and tell Cari "NO."

At least, that's my speculation on the matter, anyway.

Reactions: Frowster

Papertrail013

Apr 8, 2023
Yeah, when I was presented with that choice in OiaLT, my reaction was pretty much this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I really had to complain about something in relation to that scene, it's that it doesn't really go with the tone of the rest of the game. Sure, it gets dark in places, but this was something straight out of Depraved Awakening. Or that making it took time and resources that could have been spent on giving extra scenes or character development to some of the girls.

Still ridiculous of people to blow up the way they did... but it doesn't surprise me anymore. At any rate, Eternum won't have anything of the sort and I'm okay with that.
Yea for people who don't like ntr I understand if ntr is shoved in then that's not good but if it was one optional scene then honestly I don't understand. If you don't like ntr then don't make that choice in game. I definitely agree with you at most parts.

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes