theblasbla

Feb 2, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh noes, you just killed a fictional character. Guess it's the chopping block for you since murder is bad and illegal.

"Let's save this guy from getting excommunicated" clearly wasn't what that the Dev was going for. As for legality, there are several games on this site that very clearly depict characters that are underage in sexual situations, disclaimers be damned. Really, legality isn't the question here, it's the fact that there isn't anything morally wrong with doing anything to any fictional character.

Inb4, no, I'm not saying the Dev is doing anything morally wrong, I'm just saying that if he is indeed sending a message by having the other player spout common internet arguments in favor of taboo erotic fiction right before getting executed by the MC, then it's a very stupid message.

Jan 12, 2022
Was the MC supposed to be wearing his gear after the murder mystery section? It doesn't look like it afterwards, but the MC never confirms it. IIRC, he brings it up later when he's with Calypso, implying that he did actually fall asleep with it on, but I'm still not sure.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Oh noes, you just killed a fictional character. Guess it's the chopping block for you since murder is bad and illegal.
Killing someone trying to be a predator and harm a child isn't illegal - it's called defending the innocent and is a public service. Not as brutal as they deserve, though. Putting them in GenPop with murderers and telling them what they're in for would be better - after they've been brutalized in every possible way, a broken broomstick from the anus to the throat and being left to bleed out would be much, much better. :D

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Was the MC supposed to be wearing his gear after the murder mystery section? It doesn't look like it afterwards, but the MC never confirms it. IIRC, he brings it up later when he's with Calypso, implying that he did actually fall asleep with it on, but I'm still not sure.
I thought he indicated that he took his gear off before going to sleep, before the murder mystery, and then it didn't get addressed again. I think it was deliberately left ambiguous, but he seems to be jumping in without the gear when he is needed, possibly.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I don't believe in the possibility of harems at all and have no idea how it can work. I don't see how girls can put up with this.
I'd rather choose my canonical LI towards the end of the game than be in a harem.
There is a hypothetical way for a harem to work, I would say. It should be that every harem members also have relation (not just sexual) with each others without the person who has the harem. Even then it would have problems because the main reason you are in a harem is for the person who has the harem. Perhaps a harem need to have a passion/ an activity that everyone has. Like here, everyone like Eternum, they would always have a way to be close to each others emotionally/intellectually and discover new things about themselve and the others.

Well the problems with harem games is to try to make a rational way for the harem to work, it's probably impossible and perhaps what we just need to do is appreciate something that would not in reality like fantasy.
EDIT : Well I say that but we still want fantasy to be well written so the last thing I say is a little stupid.
Yes, a modern harem (unless they women are broken in spirit) is for them to have some level of polyamorous perspective, if if just a little. They would have to see the odd not only in the other partners, but in the happiness those other partners bring to the MC. Even if they have no external partners of their own (or even if they don't play within the circle), IMHO the women would need to have at least a little of that perspective for the harem to survive more than a year or so.

There is one game where the developer came up with a rationale for the women not venturing outside of the circle--avoiding the introduction of STIs to the circle.

There is another game where the MC is in a superhero training situation living with other women. In this case, the women have been together for years before he entered, and they've even given each other advice on how to seduce the MC.
Omg dude I was about to say just that. It was so good I actually screened your message (yes I do that don't judge me).
Made me want to replay the scene too just for funzies.

Edit : forgot to say all credits goes to sampow ofc, just putting it here cause it would have been a shame to lose that great debunking :D
That perspective reminds me of the Kirk/Uhura kiss in Plato's Stepchildren. They were forced to do it, but Uhura had thought of such things before. She just felt it was unprofessional to act on it. They didn't mind the kiss so much as being physically forced to do so for the amusement of the others.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Can someone explain why people play games they don't like? Seriously?

Yes, Caribdis made a harem game catering to his supporters. But for some reason, this upsets people enough to KEEP PLAYING A GAME THEY DON'T LIKE.

And don't reply to this with "I like the game BUT" ... you don't like the game Caribdis is making. He's making a game catering to fans of Harems ... there's a good chance Caribdis is one of them.

So why are people constantly complaining over and over again? There are SO MANY GAMES on this site that would probably be more to their liking.

Also, sorry if someone feels targeted, I'm saying this to ALL the people constantly complaining that the game isn't what they want. We're far enough into the story that you should know by now if you want to keep playing or not. The overall style and feel isn't going to change at this point.

The game is doing well and the art and writing is pretty fantastic by most people's standards. It's time for people to move on and find a game that caters more towards their tastes. This game is what it is, and complaining that what it is isn't what you want is just annoying to everyone enjoying it.

And DON'T come back at me about criticism. Nothing about the recent Harem and Maat complaints are criticism, it's just people complaining that they're not getting what they want, or there not GOING to get what they want, and ranting over and over about the same thing page after page isn't going to get what they want.

At best it'll get the thread culled, at worst ... actually, I don't know if a game can get pulled from F95 for over-abuse of the thread, but that would be the worst as I see it.

Alright, I'm done with MY rant now. I need a nap.
Not the game you're looking for.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022
I thought he indicated that he took his gear off before going to sleep, before the murder mystery, and then it didn't get addressed again. I think it was deliberately left ambiguous, but he seems to be jumping in without the gear when he is needed, possibly.
In the murder mystery he wasn't sure, but assumes that he had to have fallen asleep with it on. In his conversation with Calypso later, she mentions that he appeared for a second and questions whether he could have left his gear on again, but he cocludes that he definitely wasn't wearing the gear that time, so he asumes that Calypso was just mistaken. I think at this point, the MC isn't actively aware that he's somehow connecting to the game while not wearing his equipment.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
In the murder mystery he wasn't sure, but assumes that he had to have fallen asleep with it on. In his conversation with Calypso later, she mentions that he appeared for a second and questions whether he could have left his gear on again, but he cocludes that he definitely wasn't wearing the gear that time, so he asumes that Calypso was just mistaken. I think at this point, the MC isn't actively aware that he's somehow connecting to the game while not wearing his equipment.
My recollection was just in the text around him going to sleep - not a statement he made to someone - and I do recall his supposing that maybe he left it on.

Reactions: TemIIx

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Oh, there's EVERY indication that MC didn't wear his visor ...
While we don't actually see him fall asleep, there's no indication he puts on his visor before doing so. On top of that , this event falls right in line with his constant assertion that he never remembers his dreams ...

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Oh, there's EVERY indication that MC didn't wear his visor ...
While we don't actually see him fall asleep, there's no indication he puts on his visor before doing so. On top of that , this event falls right in line with his constant assertion that he never remembers his dreams ...
Nova_Party_01.jpeg

Please look at my post just ahead of yours, and tell me you get the reference. ;) And now you owe me a soda. :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 2832798

Please look at my post just ahead of yours, and tell me you get the reference. ;) And now you owe me a soda. :ROFLMAO:
Damn ... I THINK I do? Her beating Penny and MC to the meeting place, right?, but since I already addressed it (before you did I might add) I don't feel the need to pay up :p

If it's something related to the show, I only got through the first three episodes. I LOVED it, but I needed a break after THAT moment before diving back in, and I just never got around to it. (I don't watch as much as I used to).

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

That is some serious foreshadowing to how intense Alex could be...
I mean, you're not wrong, but it's also giving definition to how she's been acting all along. I can't WAIT to see her reaction to whatever happens in the early moments of 0.7 though.

4.80 star(s) 889 Votes