Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
[0-2.png

[0.8] - Progress Report #2

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Hope you're all doing great!

We're finally at the end of the month, and as promised, here's a new devlog so you check what I've been cooking and how the progress is going!

As usual with progress reports, I'll try to keep it short and to the point!

----------------------------------------------------------------

The current development is about 75% complete. As I’ve mentioned before, this update is easily going to have the most hours of content so far!
Here are the current numbers:

• 1102 new renders
  • 55 new animations
  • 10.5K new lines of code, with over 4500 new lines of dialogue

As many of you know, I’ve been focusing on finding a better balance with my work to prevent burnout and ensure I can continue developing the game with the same passion I had when I first started. However, that doesn't mean I'm not working hard on the game. I want to reassure you that I’m still putting in just as much effort, if not more.

In addition, the renders are now more polished, which naturally takes extra time. While 99% of you have always been incredibly supportive and understanding about the development pace, I sometimes can’t help but worry that some could feel I’m not fully committed. We've all seen other developers start projects just to abandon them halfway, but you can be sure: that will never happen here.

I'm not always fully inspired, productivity can fluctuate, unexpected things can happen (just this previous week some personal issues made me unable to work for 3 days) and even when I'm putting in the same amount of hours, I can't always produce +40 renders a day as I'd like to.

However, I promise to always be transparent about my progress, and I’ll ALWAYS be here to respond to your messages and comments. I love the community we’ve built around my games, and I’ll never stop striving to deliver the best work I can

Thank you all for your constant support

Now, on a more exciting note!

All that said, I’m still aiming to release the update before Christmas, which means we’re officially in the last stretch!

I expect the full update to have over 1,500 renders. There will be 4 lewd scenes—2 are already complete, and the third just needs a few more days of work!

In version 0.8, we’ll continue our adventure on the pirate server, but also explore brand-new worlds, and, of course, spend some quality time with our favorite girls! I've commissioned a few add-ons that I think will add a lot to the game, and the main plot will also take some intriguing twists that I can’t wait for you to experience

You’ll also notice the harem dynamic starting to take shape more clearly, with new interactions between the girls (without forgetting of one-on-one moments too, don't worry).

Alongside all of this, the main menu and the Relationship Points screen have been completely revamped to give them a more dynamic look! You can check out the new design in this link:

And don’t miss the newly designed Exit Screen—my favorite addition!

Patreon post image-16.png

Aaaaand that's all for now!

Over the next month, I'll be posting new wallpapers, the 2nd part of the Q&A, and yes, a fresh set of sneak peeks! So... stay tuned!

As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!

Thank you so much for your support—not only for making the game possible financially, but also for giving me the daily motivation through your kind messages ❤

You guys are truly the best.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING

Caribdis

Last edited:

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
View attachment 4085758

[0.8] - Progress Report #2

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Hope you're all doing great!

We're finally at the end of the month, and as promised, here's a new devlog so you check what I've been cooking and how the progress is going!

As usual with progress reports, I'll try to keep it short and to the point!

The current development is about 75% complete. As I’ve mentioned before, this update is easily going to have the most hours of content so far!
Here are the current numbers:

• 1102 new renders
  • 55 new animations
  • 10.5K new lines of code, with over 4500 new lines of dialogue

As many of you know, I’ve been focusing on finding a better balance with my work to prevent burnout and ensure I can continue developing the game with the same passion I had when I first started. However, that doesn't mean I'm not working hard on the game. I want to reassure you that I’m still putting in just as much effort, if not more.

In addition, the renders are now more polished, which naturally takes extra time. While 99% of you have always been incredibly supportive and understanding about the development pace, I sometimes can’t help but worry that some could feel I’m not fully committed. We've all seen other developers start projects just to abandon them halfway, but you can be sure: that will never happen here.

I'm not always fully inspired, productivity can fluctuate, unexpected things can happen (just this previous week some personal issues made me unable to work for 3 days) and even when I'm putting in the same amount of hours, I can't always produce +40 renders a day as I'd like to.

However, I promise to always be transparent about my progress, and I’ll ALWAYS be here to respond to your messages and comments. I love the community we’ve built around my games, and I’ll never stop striving to deliver the best work I can

Thank you all for your constant support

Now, on a more exciting note!

All that said, I’m still aiming to release the update before Christmas, which means we’re officially in the last stretch!

I expect the full update to have over 1,500 renders. There will be 3 lewd scenes—2 are already complete, and the third just needs a few more days of work!

In version 0.8, we’ll continue our adventure on the pirate server, but also explore brand-new worlds, and, of course, spend some quality time with our favorite girls! I've commissioned a few add-ons that I think will add a lot to the game, and the main plot will also take some intriguing twists that I can’t wait for you to experience

You’ll also notice the harem dynamic starting to take shape more clearly, with new interactions between the girls (without forgetting of one-on-one moments too, don't worry).

Alongside all of this, the main menu and the Relationship Points screen have been completely revamped to give them a more dynamic look! You can check out the new design in this link:

And don’t miss the newly designed Exit Screen—my favorite addition!

View attachment 4085759

Aaaaand that's all for now!

Over the next month, I'll be posting new wallpapers, the 2nd part of the Q&A, and yes, a fresh set of sneak peeks! So... stay tuned!

As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!

Thank you so much for your support—not only for making the game possible financially, but also for giving me the daily motivation through your kind messages ❤

You guys are truly the best.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING

Caribdis
I'm not even surprised that you're faster than my notifications from patreon xD

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
So to sum it up:
- release before Christmas (public one probably in Jan, but I doubt we'll have to worry about it here)
- new menu and stuff (which normally I totally don't care about, but in this case it's really nice to see how smooth it all looks now :D)
- "You’ll also notice the harem dynamic starting to take shape more clearly, with new interactions between the girls (without forgetting of one-on-one moments too, don't worry)." - personally my fav part of the update, let the harem begin! Interactions between them is the most interesting piece of the game (aside from the main plot ofc xd)
- Cari commissioned something - if I'm not mistaken he only commissioned animations before, so what it could be? New arts, some kind of minigame for treasure hunt/voyage on pirate server?
- some new worlds and new twists, and obviously new cliffhangers (goes without sa
(sorry, had to do it^^)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
- release before Christmas (public one probably in Jan, but I doubt we'll have to worry about it here)
December release likely for Public since he also mentioned the "before Christmas" release on Itch.io a while back (and the only version that gets released there is the Public version). Plus if Cari keeps the 6% prog per 2 weeks sched, he'll be hitting 87% on October and about 93% on the first week of November. Ain't no way the beta's going to reach December at that rate.

VaderExMachina

Brazilian Sith Lord
Donor
Nov 21, 2022
December release likely for Public since he also mentioned the "before Christmas" release on Itch.io a while back (and the only version that gets released there is the Public version). Plus if Cari keeps the 6% prog per 2 weeks sched, he'll be hitting 87% on October and about 93% on the first week of November. Ain't no way the beta's going to reach December at that rate.
pixeldrain's and gofile's servers better be ready for when the beta drops...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Cari commissioned something - if I'm not mistaken he only commissioned animations before, so what it could be? New arts, some kind of minigame for treasure hunt/voyage on pirate server?
Handrawn ship movement animation on map whenever we choose a location during the New World server event.

(This is just my wishful thinking btw :HideThePain:)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Well...yeah...dev circle definitely get larger. At least that might mean that there should be a sufficient gap between PC and Eternum this time. :HideThePain:

Reactions: Cloveron.

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
*Heart racing*

"No...dear gods, no. Not the Mini-games!"

*Nicolas Cage screaming*

The Update-wait is killing me, but that'll be a hell of a gift. :BootyTime:
I mean there were some good minigames... somewhere... right? (can't think of anything xd)
Just a shot in the dark, but I'm trusting Cari that if it's indeed a minigame, it'll be actually a meaningful one... But after all I'm also hoping for some additional art (maybe server with some totally different graphics like the cartoon one, so Cari can outsource creating these renders to somebody else without breaking the main art style), or some QOL, like Donrf's idea of animated ship/map.

Good thing Cari commissioned it, so whatever it is, it won't slow him down and absorb the time he's spending on the actual game/main plot etc, so we don't have to worry about splitting the work on the game (and Cari's energy) between meaningful parts and some extra 50/50 needed stuff (like in BaDIK, where there's a new "great" minigame around every corner...)

Reactions: Cloveron.

Cloveron.

Formerly 'Van_Clover'
Sep 29, 2024
I mean there were some good minigames... somewhere... right? (can't think of anything xd)
Just a shot in the dark, but I'm trusting Cari that if it's indeed a minigame, it'll be actually a meaningful one... But after all I'm also hoping for some additional art (maybe server with some totally different graphics like the cartoon one, so Cari can outsource creating these renders to somebody else without breaking the main art style), or some QOL, like Donrf's idea of animated ship/map.

Good thing Cari commissioned it, so whatever it is, it won't slow him down and absorb the time he's spending on the actual game/main plot etc, so we don't have to worry about splitting the work on the game (and Cari's energy) between meaningful parts and some extra 50/50 needed stuff (like in BaDIK, where there's a new "great" minigame around every corner...)
Plot twist: He commissioned DPC to make mini-games. :Kappa:

Could see it when it was posted but yeah seems like Cari's Youtube Account was deleted... :HideThePain: :HideThePain:
The hell? Did he break their new guidelines by posting attractive women in a western setting? :KEK:

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
- Cari commissioned something - if I'm not mistaken he only commissioned animations before, so what it could be? New arts, some kind of minigame for treasure hunt/voyage on pirate server?
I assume stuff like the voice diaries (for the Alien-inspired section), Nova's manga and graphics for the fable were commissioned. So I'd expect it to be something in that vein.

Handrawn ship movement animation on map whenever we choose a location during the New World server event.

(This is just my wishful thinking btw :HideThePain:)
Something like this...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Redd23
4.80 star(s) 965 Votes